The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

One thing I don't think has been mentioned, the Barrett and Thardutht promo. It was really reminiscent of the old days, when the house show main event that week would be Undertaker and Bulldog against Papa Shango and Warlord (or whatever) and the teams would do awkward pre-tapes to hype it. Even though the characters are an ill fit and at least one is going to have to look a bit stupid. Barrett just standing there doing mean faces while Stardust talked nonsense. I enjoyed it.

Raw was terrible. Felt more like rolling adverts for Summerslam with half the matches or combinations of the actual show itself. It felt worse than normal.

They seem to be going down the obvious route with the title vs title match, I can see a scenario where Rollins (with Triple H's help) retains the title (and winning the US title) with Sheamus then cashing in his MITB briefcase at the end of the match and winning, then Seth saying that he only lost the US title and not the world title as no one will be clear what title he is going for.

That way Rollins beats Cena, Rollins isn't a double champ so no statue and Cena probably feuds with Sheamus. 

• Paid Members

Wasn't the original point of MITB that you could challenge for any title?

It makes sense that the MITB holder would go for the WWE Championship what with it being the premier title in WWE but i'm sure someone cashed it in for a lesser title.

It makes sense that the MITB holder would go for the WWE Championship what with it being the premier title in WWE but i'm sure someone cashed it in for a lesser title.

That has definitely never happened before.

It could also be used for the ECW Title one year but the Undertaker, understandably, decided not to take on Lashley and went for Batista's gold instead.

Wasnt that the rumble winner? As Taker won the rumble.

I imagine it did include the ECW title during the WWECW run as well.

That would have been a very different Wrestlemania:

"Wrestlemania 23: 'Main Event' - Undertaker Vs Bobby Lashley for the ECW World Championship"

'Taker would still go over and win the ECW title.....bloody hell.

• Paid Members

But the MITB is for a WWE Championship Match, not the US Title. It would muddy all future MITB's doing that.

I wouldn't worry about that. They've already had Elimination Chambers for midcard titles.

You might be getting confused with the original idea for MITB where Chris Jericho proposed that the winner get a "wish" they could ask to be fulfilled by the GM - title shot at any title, match made, anything within the GM's power.

I though MITB was originally for the choice of the WWE Championship or the WHC which were around back then?

The implied idea was that it was for a shot at the champion of the brand the wrestler belonged to. Edge worked around it by rocking up on SmackDown and cashing in on Undertaker in 2007 despite being a Raw wrestler at the time. Cross-brand cashing in then became a thing, enabling, for instance, Raw's CM Punk to cash in on SmackDown's Edge (irony, heh) for the Big Gold Belt the year after.

It could also be used for the ECW Title one year but the Undertaker, understandably, decided not to take on Lashley and went for Batista's gold instead.

Certainly was. There was a "face to face" segment where he started down each champion before deciding which one he was going to challenge. Lashley trying to look menacing in the face of the dead man was hilarious.

Certainly was. There was a "face to face" segment where he started down each champion before deciding which one he was going to challenge. Lashley trying to look menacing in the face of the dead man was hilarious.

Oh yeah, how did I get that mixed up? Whoops.

• Paid Members

There was that thing where the nXt winner got to have a title shot against whoever. Barrett took the WWE title, obviously. Kaval took the US title and was roundly mocked for it.