The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Did anyone else notice during Reigns promo that either he or Big Show mentioned the word "retire"? Could that be a hint at a stip for the future perhaps? Maybe after 20 years, the last of which been pretty poor, Show has decided to hang them up, and they will use this as away for Roman to get more heat. To say he retired the Giant..

AS for the rest, Neville really is extraordianary. Everything is so crisp, timed perfectly and looks spot on. That superkick spot was perfect, as was the 450 off the barrier. Hope he gets a win against a bigger name soon and doesnt keep coming up short...Imagine if it was him as the original Sin Cara! They would have had their big "hispanic" star they were after, even if he isn't actually Mexican....

Rollins was good again, his arrogant schtick is great, just wish Kane would bugger off for a while too.....

Surely The Ascension are finished now. They've been made to look right chumps from the off despite getting a win over the outlaws at the rumble. A dramatic fall from grace in under 3 months.

Kalisto certainly does get a reaction though, even if it is just the same handful of highspots he does and he is certain to be the star when they decide to split him from Sin Cara. Wonder if they'll bring back Sin Cara Negro for the inevitable feud.

Did anyone else notice during Reigns promo that either he or Big Show mentioned the word "retire"? Could that be a hint at a stip for the future perhaps? Maybe after 20 years, the last of which been pretty poor, Show has decided to hang them up, and they will use this as away for Roman to get more heat. To say he retired the Giant..

Not sure how it came across on TV but the majority of the fans were shouting 'Please retire' at the Big Show when he was talking backstage, I'm assuming Reigns used his initiative and used that word to get over with the crowd (kind of worked). 

• Paid Members

Had to laugh at Cole saying that Neville was from "just down the road", it's nearly 300 miles away. I can only assume "the road" was the A1

He said it was a three hour drive. He claimed Preston was an hour away though.

• Moderators

Had to laugh at Cole saying that Neville was from "just down the road", it's nearly 300 miles away. I can only assume "the road" was the A1

To be fair, that is just down for the road by an American's standards. They think 100 years is a long time, we think 100 miles is a long way. That's the defining difference between the nations.

I remember a show from San Francisco (possibly No Way Out 2004) in which during Rey Mysterio's entrance Michael Cole said: "We are literally in Rey Mysterio's backyard!".

Even aside from the all-too-common frustrating misuse of the word literally, San Francisco is literally 500 miles away from Mysterio's home-town of San Diego.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

I kept bringing up the Preston-to-London discrepancy, till even I was sick of myself.

Unless I've missed it already, I want the Ascension to stick out precisely to the moment where they start to fall out, someone on commentary teases "Dissension within the Ascension". then they can fuck off.

• Paid Members

Do we have a thread on favourite misuses of "literally". My favourite recent one occurred coincidentally just after a colleague and I were discussing the misuse. I stuck Talksport on while washing the pots and heard John Hartson claim that Cristiano Ronaldo literally walks on water.