The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'd love to see jobber squash matches again with names the likes of ‘Fighting’ Ted Larcy, ‘Jailtime’ Larry Muntz and ‘Locktight’ Ernie Henkleman pop up on my screen.

Yeah, but you're odd!

It'd have a novelty factor of two weeks tops. And in that time the people who actually enjoy watching Sheamus vs. Ziggler part 88 would have fucked it off.

Squashes are fine for getting over a new act. Short and sweet. And better if the jobber has a hairy chest.

Smackdown should have more character development. Interviews, vignettes, building undercard feuds etc.

I wish, but the midcarders aren't drawing money either way, so in WWE's eyes, might as well just have them doing moves rather than dialogue which needs translating in foreign countries.

Smackdown should have more character development. Interviews, vignettes, building undercard feuds etc.

I wish, but the midcarders aren't drawing money either way, so in WWE's eyes, might as well just have them doing moves rather than dialogue which needs translating in foreign countries.
Smackdown is pretaped so they wouldn't need to translate too much. Just record a few extra matches on the night (which they would have to do for the live crowd anyway,) and show those abroad instead of as having as much talking. Those matches could then also be US "exclusives" for the network . Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Smackdown should have more character development. Interviews, vignettes, building undercard feuds etc. Throw in a bunch of jobber squashes with one decent main event.

Who on earth would watch jobber matches nowadays? As for the rest, that's what wrestling TV should have full stop. They obviously like writing one or two storylines, something soap opera inspired for the Divas and throw out a load of matches to "develop a rivalry".

The term they seem to use a lot these days is "rivalry renewed" which is a fancy way of saying "We can't be fucked to think of anything so we're going to put those guys who spent the last 3 months trading wins against eachother in a match on Raw just to fill time".

Edited by LaGoosh

I too love squash matches. I mean, a show of *just* jobber matches would be very meh, but I think as long as you had a handful off them throughout the programming, it would be fine.

Personally I think the WWE need to find ways to expose their talent without burning through every match possibility they have, and jobber matches would be one way to do it. Personally I'd rather see The Miz beat some local lad whilst Ziggler was on commentary hyping up their PPV match, instead of seeing Miz vs. Ziggler part 29.

I think having a couple of squash matches would freshen the show up. Instead of having the Usos vs Gold/Stardust,Ziggler vs Miz and Sheamus vs Cesaro AGAIN, showcase them with the other guy watching and critiquing. Then if and when they do fight it might actually mean something. I watched the opening 15 mins of this weeks show......and switched it off. It really is the same fucking formula most weeks. I did read a potential spoiler that seems mildly interesting, but I'll FF through the show till I find it.

So this week they ran a vignette again on Luke Harper and then another focusing on Eric Rowan being "fixed" and finishing on a shot of a pregnant belly with "It's Coming" written on it. Honestly don't know where they're going with them but to say I'm intrigued would be an understatement

http://www.wwe.com/videos/bray-wyatt-has-fixed-erick-rowan-raw-oct-6-2014-26708518

Edited by WyattSheepMask