The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

When I said Ambrose should keep The Shield look, I meant also that he should reclaim the flak jacket. Like I say, make him look like a survivalist mental.

One thing Reigns should definitely do is do that tape or cord just over the bicep, like the APA used to do. His look suggests he should go for the Test pleather trousers with no singlet combo, but that look tends to be associated more with a guy delivering a big boot than a superman punch or spear. Plus, those tend to be more for guys with thinner legs, and those previous photos suggest he doesn't need them.

If anyone suits the leather jacket look, it's definitely Rollins, seeing as that was his gimmick in NXT anyway.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'd have Reigns look like something from a comic book, really go out of the way to make him seem like something special, rather than another bloke in black trunks with some rotten red tribal detail on them.

Superhero movies are in vogue, I've never understood why WWE haven't tried to make more of their roster look like something you would find in a Marvel movie. It's no wonder Sin Cara and Mysterio do so well for them.

• Paid Members

I remember reading an interview years back with Kane and him talking about how he became popular and kids loved him because he looked like a superhero. I'm with you on that Mr Bollocks. I've long said that wrestling for me, how I see it and how I think it's at is best is comic book come to life. That's blatantly how the two booms were. And loads of the really successful Japanese lads and most of Mexico look like something straight out of a comic book. And that stuff almost always grabs the attention of people who aren't even wrestling fans and has them interested. WWE definitely don't take enough advantage of that these days.

Seriously, ideally I'd just dress Reigns up like Khal Drogo. I've longed for that ever since Harmonic once mentioned it. I'd probably rip it off almost to the level Sting did The Crow. It still falls down a bit on exactly what he'd wrestle in, but he'd look the business on his entrance. I'd definitely have him ride in on a horse at a 'Mania like Taker was apparently going to a few years back.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure why people are saying that the default Reigns should go to is black trunks and boots. I know Attitude onwards it was seen as a main event look, but Batista didn't, Orton didn't, Flair always changed up his colours whatever era he was in, Sheamus wears green, Bryan wears deep red and white, Miz changes his colours too.

Personally, if Reigns does go down the trunks and boots route, I think it should be all red. Probably scarlet. Red bands around the biceps, red forearm guards. Maybe even red finger tape.

I've seen Reigns wrestler, but never heard him speak.

But just with his look I'd love to see him doing promo's show in urban areas, him sat on steps of a disused warehouse with graffiti on the building, kids playing in background, folk walking by to go to the shops. Or wandering around the city with traffic flying by him, him walking at his own pace deep in thought.

And him not even having to say anything, at least at first.

Wrestling attire - similar to Edge with say a long leather jacket that he wears in the promo's plus wrestling strides.

A kinda "real" take on the mysterious/brooding Sting character.

• Moderators

I'm not a fan of dark, brooding types. I'd like him to be quiet like the man sitting at the end of the bar who when he talks it carries real gravitas and weight, and can fuck up everyone in there when they cross him.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Purple and gold for me. An awesome regal combo for someone from wrestling royalty.

Actually, fuck what I said. That there is right. I only just saw the "Purple Reigns" comment for some reason, so yeah. It's got to be that.

• Paid Members
Nah I preferred yours Bombers. Can't see Reigns in purple and gold at all personally.

Was thinking mainly purple. The gold puts me in mind of Del Rio. But I just can't resist the idea of "Purple Reigns".

Mind you, if he wore all red, his entrance theme could be Peter Gabriel's "Red Rain".

• Paid Members
I'm not a fan of dark, brooding types. I'd like him to be quiet like the man sitting at the end of the bar who when he talks it carries real gravitas and weight, and can fuck up everyone in there when they cross him.

I like this idea a lot, and it sits well with his character thus far. Man of few words, a bit Clint Eastwood, actions speak louder than words sorta type. That way it doesn't matter what he wears if he has the aura of being a bad ass, he'll carry it off regardless.

I'm not sure why people are saying that the default Reigns should go to is black trunks and boots. I know Attitude onwards it was seen as a main event look, but Batista didn't, Orton didn't, Flair always changed up his colours whatever era he was in, Sheamus wears green, Bryan wears deep red and white, Miz changes his colours too.

Personally, if Reigns does go down the trunks and boots route, I think it should be all red. Probably scarlet. Red bands around the biceps, red forearm guards. Maybe even red finger tape.

This is ridiculously true. Talking about how wrestlers should wear black is like ranting about how a movie should be darker, old fashioned balderdash. Wrestling should be colourful and camp, not dark and serious. Whack a bit of colour on him, you don't need to be Austin to get over.