The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

It's been a few years since we had a multi-man title match. Could they be building up to a Triple Threat or Fatal Four-Way?

Not sure if I'd want that for the main of WMXXX.

• Paid Members
Surely they wouldn't start a tease and build of Brock challenging for the WWE title at SummerSlam now, during the build to WrestleMania XXX. That has to factor into plans in the run up to 'Mania.

Heyman basically said "he doesn't need to win the Rumble, everyone else is shite, Brock is at the front of the line". Going back to when I was 8 years old, when someone says "there's nobody left to beat" that means the Undertaker is around the corner. I never took it as Brock getting a title shot. He self proclaimed himself the number one contender because he doesn't feel like there is anyone left for him to beat. There's only one belt now, so whoever wins the Royal Rumble should be the one who goes to WrestleMania to wrestle for the belt. They are building Lesnar as unstoppable for a reason. Taking out Henry and Big Show can only lead to him going for the Streak, from how I'm seeing it. I could be wrong, obviously, but that's how it seems to be playing out.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Surely with Brock and Heyman announcing himself as the number one contender they are going ahead and using up his 3 PPV dates early and having him going into Mania the Champ after taking the belt at Elimination Chamber? Unless im mistaken and they've changed his deal so he can have more PPV matches in a year? Otherwise why make the no. 1 contenders claim?

• Paid Members
Otherwise why make the no. 1 contenders claim?

Same reason the Rock did in 2003. Because he thinks there is only one thing left to do before he goes home for good. Then Austin came out and said "you never beat me at WrestleMania". I see this as a similar thing, only with Undertaker in the role of Austin.

Otherwise why make the no. 1 contenders claim?

Same reason the Rock did in 2003. Because he thinks there is only one thing left to do before he goes home for good. Then Austin came out and said "you never beat me at WrestleMania". I see this as a similar thing, only with Undertaker in the role of Austin.

Does the impact of it not diminish when Taker trots out in mid February and says 'ere lad, what was it you said 2 months ago?' ?

• Paid Members
Does the impact of it not diminish when Taker trots out in mid February and says 'ere lad, what was it you said 2 months ago?' ?

Well, no, because Brock isn't done mowing through the likes of the Big Show. It would diminish it even more if Lesnar went "can I have my title shot now please? I did ask in January?" He's wrestling Big Show for a reason. Because he's thrown down a challenge, after Lesnar said there were no more challengers. As did Mark Henry. There's going to have to be a road block in Brock's way somewhere. And I reckon its Undertaker.

If Michaels doesn't come back, I don't know what's any good for Bryan at WrestleMania. Definitely shouldn't be fighting Orton again. Bryan vs Triple H would work, but it seems Hunter's busy with Punk. Bryan could have a match with Cena, but it seems a bit pointless. He's already beat Cena clean in an epic match, there's no redemption in that for him. The crowd dynamic of Bryan vs Cena at WrestleMania would be great, but on a story level, that match isn't intriguing.

Batista vs Orton isn't main event on WM with the other matches that seem possible though.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho is a Raw-level match, and they did that at WrestleMania a couple of years ago.

• Paid Members

Well no, because after he's flattened the Big Show at the Rumble he will keep saying that stuff won't he?

Edit: Beaten to it.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• Paid Members
If Michaels doesn't come back, I don't know what's any good for Bryan at WrestleMania. Definitely shouldn't be fighting Orton again. Bryan vs Triple H would work, but it seems Hunter's busy with Punk. Bryan could have a match with Cena, but it seems a bit pointless. He's already beat Cena clean in an epic match, there's no redemption in that for him. The crowd dynamic of Bryan vs Cena at WrestleMania would be great, but on a story level, that match isn't intriguing.

Bryan did an interview with F4Wonline in 2007 where he said he wrestle the Ultimate Warrior for $5 if a promoter would put it on. Maybe they can sort that out. That is on tape somewhere. I'm sure a $5 PPV payday would be legally binding.

There's so many great possibilities for this year's Wrestlemania, but I think one of the worst options is Batista vs. Orton. They wrestled a fair amount over the years in inconsequential matches, and they were never that good. Why kick off Batista's return with one of his most familiar opponents at Wrestlemania?

Because Orton and Triple H were his best mates and now they're running the show and holding the World title, which makes for a natural rivalry that it'd be weird to ignore. And it's the freshest feasible option for Orton on the show. Who else would he fight? Cena again? CM Punk, who he had a terribly boring feud with a couple of years ago?

• Paid Members

Ian is probably right with the Brock Undertaker prediction. But I'd personally be a little disappointed with that. I kind of feel (and want) them to pull out all the stops over the next couple of months with the Network launch and the big three zero. And I guess I also feel they'd want their big belt being on Brock because of the publicity that may create going in, like last year with The Rock. Orton vs Batista doesn't need the belt for me, there's story there already with Evolution and Flair that can be utilised. I'd personally love Brock vs Cena at Elimination Chamber, with Bryan having won the Rumble. Brock takes the belt and then the next night on Raw, Cena feeling its the only thing left and needing to do it to prove it to himself that he's still got it challenges Undertaker at WrestleMania.

• Paid Members

Has Batista VS Orton ever happened on a big show before though? It may well have been, I didn't watch wrestling at the time when Batista was a big player, but I'm not aware of one. Definitely not at Wrestlemania. Summerslam perhaps?

• Paid Members
Ian is probably right with the Brock Undertaker prediction. But I'd personally be a little disappointed with that. I kind of feel (and want) them to pull out all the stops over the next couple of months with the Network launch and the big three zero. And I guess I also feel they'd want their big belt being on Brock because of the publicity that may create going in, like last year with The Rock. Orton vs Batista doesn't need the belt for me, there's story there already with Evolution and Flair that can be utilised. I'd personally love Brock vs Cena at Elimination Chamber, with Bryan having won the Rumble. Brock takes the belt and then the next night on Raw, Cena feeling its the only thing left and needing to do it to prove it to himself that he's still got it challenges Undertaker at WrestleMania.

This would be ideal for me. Bryan vs Brock would be a superb match.