The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Like somebody mentioned before if Reigns had been coming out to different music while he was solo then I reckon they'd get a massive pop for a Shield reunion. I fear the fans may have an almost Pavlovian conditioning to boo when that music starts now, though. I hope I'm wrong. Reigns is a good hand. He has little things he does during matches that help with the suspension of disbelief and the potential to go on and be a great act. It's quite literally in his blood.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

So hang on, if Sister Abigail is supposedly alive (if I took from that Wyatt promo what I was supposed to take), whose remains did Randy Orton torch in that hut when he did a bit of arson earlier in the year?

I would guess it is just going to be Wyatt painting his face to match Demon Balor, with the spirit of Sister Abigail running through Wyatt.

I do hope it is someone new debuting as Sister Abigail though. It would make Wyatt slightly more interesting.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Like somebody mentioned before if Reigns had been coming out to different music while he was solo then I reckon they'd get a massive pop for a Shield reunion. I fear the fans may have an almost Pavlovian conditioning to boo when that music starts now, though. I hope I'm wrong. Reigns is a good hand. He has little things he does during matches that help with the suspension of disbelief and the potential to go on and be a great act. It's quite literally in his blood.

Maybe, but I think the "Sierra..." intro is enough to get the initial pop; it's their 'glass breaks'.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Braun and Rollins have good chemistry, the first time I thought to myself that Strowman has a future here was against Seth too.

He's tremendous. I also liked the match with Ambrose, he allows the babyface just the right amount of fire before stomping him. I was thinking the other day when I couldn't be arsed to do anything at work, which Wrestlers would I pay to see, Braun is right up there, all the reports I read about people seeing him live are that he is so fast for his size, I need to see this combo of strength, size and speed in person.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched the show super closely these past few weeks. Has there been an explanation as to why Nia Jax was sharing a dressing room and generally being best mates with Alexa Bliss? Plus, even if there has been an explanation, it's still made Nia's turn on Alexa the other week absolutely pointless in retrospect. That show-ending angle where she dropped her off her shoulders should've been something that lead to a long feud. It's ridiculous that they seem to have just pressed the reset button almost immediately.

Ill have to watch it back to confirm, but when they were doing the ring announcements before Roman vs. Miz it definitely sounded like they mixed in really artificial sounding cheers when Roman was announced. It sounded like all those fake crowd reactions that they used to fill Smackdown with. Did anyone else notice it? Or am I just imagining things? 

11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

What is Graves? Another knob from the JBL school of utterly confused colour guy. His "Thank God" when Titus interupted Elias was shit too. He should be all over Elias. It's not a knock on the guy because I think he's really good now but I just hate this wishy-washy bollocks.

Trying to figure out the face/heel dynamic of the Raw commentators these days is a total mindfuck. Currently they seem to be operating with two colour commentators in Graves and Booker (I think Booker's supposed to be colour anyway, fuck knows in reality), but an Elias segment happens then Graves will moan about it and Cole will suddenly chirp up saying its better than Springsteen. it's totally baffling. I hope one day they figure out that two people with a clear divide works unquestionably better

I like it when heel commentators hate one or two heels with a passion. If the guy who loves all the dickheads thinks this one guy is a super dickhead, then that will translate to how the audience views them. It is kind of like a heriarchy on who is a dickhead. 

I think part of what has helped Sampson get so much heat is the way Graves despises him. It is a nice bit of continuity as well because it was like that even from the NXT debut 

I could see after The Shield beat Miz, Sheamus and Cesaro at TLC they get attacked by a returning Samoa Joe and Debuting Authors of Pain to close the show.

Those 3 with Ellering as the mouth peace would be a feud worthy of the Shield and give Raw a clear top group and long term story to work around.

The Miz stuff isn't the best way to bring them back but if its kinda a red herring to lead to a bigger story then the end justify the means 

Edited by The Cutting Edge

I can't see Ellering wanting to be on the road all the time on Raw, it is a different more intense schedule to NXT, Paul Heyman would be the best choice but aint going to happen. Joe and AOP would be fine on their own, Joe is decent on the mic and can be the leader and AOP need to be given the mic to get better, you only get better with experience.

• Paid Members

I think the best approach is to eventually have Roman turn heel on the reunited Shield. It won't happen, of course, but I think that's exactly the type of thing that'll send him in to the stratosphere. We've seen glimpses of it all year. Just let him be an absolute prick and watch how awesome he becomes. Six to eight months later he'll finally be the babyface you always wanted him to be, instead of this weird, shitty tweener that he's been for nearly three years now.