The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed this show actually, a lot better than last weeks effort. Happy to see Stephanie and Foley still in a reduced role - can't see it lasting long though unfortunately, I give it two weeks tops until Raw opens with a Steph promo and Foley is in every other segment.

Rollins vs Zayn was great. I agree with Tiger Rick above - while it being face vs face does muddy the waters, it makes sense with Stephanie's recent history with both. Wouldn't mind Rollins attacking and taking the space of a Mahal-type entrant, only for Triple H to run-in anyway and cost him the match. I think I've bought into reading shitty rumours online but I've got Zayn down as an outside chance of being the Rumble winner.

Also enjoyed Reigns vs Jericho, even if it was match #4586 between them since the brand split.

Final segment was ace. They hype and advertise everything so much in advance these days that Lesnar and Undertaker were genuine surprises to me. Goldberg showed that star power and charisma will always overcompensate for a few fluffed lines. I wish it had ended in a massive brawl (maybe with the old trope of everyone from the back running down and getting involved) but I can see why they ended it on a cock-tease note.

Can Charlotte exclusively give pre-taped promos? She's a lot better when she doesn't drone on for fucking years at a time.

That was much more like it.

Loved the Zayn/Rollins match, and the stipulation. Rollins is practically still a heel to me anyway so there was no conflict in who I was cheering for, I just got hella into it. Lost my shit a bit when HHH's music hit.

Charlotte and Bayley both giving good stuff from the pre-taped promo.

That true about Goldberg nutting a door frame before he comes out? He needs to cut that out, the nutter, even if he only has two more matches, he clearly put himself off stride there.

Final segment was a nice pricktease. It could've at least faded while they're throwing bombs though. c'mon. Goldberg goaded Brock to the ring, essentially going "are you gonna come here and look into my eyes for 25 seconds, like a man? or are you just gonna fight me, like some little pussy bitch?" but still, it was cool of course and that monstrous reaction for Taker was ace

Jax is boring but I forgot to mention last week, nice stuff with the blindside attack on Sasha in what I assume is the performance cente.

The end of that 8 man tag with Strowman and Enzo was fantastic stuff. I hope they don't phase Enzo down to just being Cass' mouthpiece, as there's such a great value to him as a scrappy underdog.

Was good to see Show back too, anyone else think he looks kinda like a jacked-up Bill Bailey??

'Two referees' is the worst damn match stipulation I've heard. should still be a decent pre-show though

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Is the Rumble still 4 hours? Plus a 2 hour pre show? That's a bit much, surely? There were some nice moments this week. Show & Strowman facing off was good. Strowman is quite the big deal at the moment. Rollins in his face role is acting more heelish than he was as a heel. Reigns still trying to get that "The guy" thing over is still grating and quite cringeworthy almost a year on. The match with Jericho was good, aside from that attempted samoan drop. Nia Jax hit what must be the worst Banzai Drop I ever did see. Yokozuna must be spinning in his grave at that. That promo was decent, though. I still can't quite believe I watched Noam Dar and JAck Gallagher on an episode of Raw. That Mustafa Ali is entertaining to watch. 

Goldberg stumbling through his promo with blood creeping down his forehead was a bit awkward to watch, but the segment itself was incredible. Hopefully we get a similar go-home Smackdown as well. This week's Raw was the best in a while. Hopefully they can keep this up for a while.

• Paid Members

Reigns still trying to get that "The guy" thing over is still grating and quite cringeworthy almost a year on.

Nah, that was great. He wasn't trying to get it over, he said it to wind up the heels and the fans who don't like him. It got a great mixed reaction. Unless they're gonna turn him properly, the best we're gonna get is this sort of poking-the-boooers attitude.

yeah, I thought it had been a while since he pulled that out and it suits him. Can easily be his heel shtick if they ever actually turn him. I loved that post-Mania promo from him, and I was of the mindset that "Reigns has got to turn at the post-Mania Raw at the latest". I'm still of that mindset this year tbh, but the more he pokes the fire with the booers the better it works for him and his character benefits.

• Paid Members

I've got Zayn down as an outside chance of being the Rumble winner.

In the same bracket as me having an outside chance of shagging Sasha Banks, that one. Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

In the same bracket as me having an outside chance of shagging Sasha Banks, that one.

Doesn't she date one of the Full Sail mongs? Don't count yourself out, Raid!

I forgot to mention Big Show. Him and Strowman facing off was great. I used to hate Big Show but now he's in a more reduced role (and is obviously putting in some fucking shift at the gym) I'm loving the bloke.

• Paid Members

yeah, I thought it had been a while since he pulled that out and it suits him. Can easily be his heel shtick if they ever actually turn him. I loved that post-Mania promo from him, and I was of the mindset that "Reigns has got to turn at the post-Mania Raw at the latest". I'm still of that mindset this year tbh, but the more he pokes the fire with the booers the better it works for him and his character benefits.

The problem is once they do turn him "those fans" will start popping for him. He's come on leaps and bounds in the ring now. 

In the same bracket as me having an outside chance of shagging Sasha Banks, that one.

Doesn't she date one of the Full Sail mongs? Don't count yourself out, Raid!

She's married to WWE's costume designer.

First time I've watched RAW in a long time, & I cannot recall a Rusev promo ... but I'm aged, early on-set memory loss if coming & I'm a bit piddly when it's time to settle in.  Even with the Sky, I barely manage to catch it on repeat.  What can I say ... ??  I'm a lazy twunt that watches PPVs mostly.