The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Also call ups aside it's quite amazing to think they've done one of the most watchable three hour Raws ever with half the available guys. Cut your roster in half and do a show that still blitzes most other things this year and it's all because you were simply arsed. Which is the only real problem WWE have ever had, really. They can make chicken salad out of any period of PR disasters, injury plagues or creative slumps that they want. We all know the pattern.

And even then, there were about 10-15 wrestlers drafted who didn't make it onto the show in any real meaningful way.

So it's cut the roster in half, then half it again and produce their best show in god knows how long. 

• Paid Members

Squash matches and jobbers are much needed and should feature on a weekly basis.

Absolutely, they need to get the balance right and have the right amount of squashes padding out the shows.

Firstly, that way we won't get bored of the PPV matches between two guys we've seen wrestle a million times on tv already. Secondly, because the rosters are thinner now. Finally, this should help showcase the main roster guys and help get them over with the odd squash, rather than floundering in 50/50 land every single week.

Forgot two more new things to comment on:

New announce team: Very, very pleased. I like Graves and can't stand JBL, so win-win.

New 'Universal' title: Haha awful name.

I just love the concept of enhancement talent lore. It's such a cool, geeky part of wrestling for me and nobody has been able to do that in recent memory with WWE like the way some absolute lunatics on here can namecheck sporadic jobbers from the early 90s.

So yeah jobbers, jobbers, jobbers! Every week!

I also love the idea that they are actual proper bottom of the barrel unknowns. I don't want to know everyones life story the way the Network now encapsulates the whole Breaking Ground>NXT>WWE journey. Give me absolute scrubs who can still exist outside that.

Also call ups aside it's quite amazing to think they've done one of the most watchable three hour Raws ever with half the available guys. Cut your roster in half and do a show that still blitzes most other things this year and it's all because you were simply arsed. Which is the only real problem WWE have ever had, really. They can make chicken salad out of any period of PR disasters, injury plagues or creative slumps that they want. We all know the pattern.

And even then, there were about 10-15 wrestlers drafted who didn't make it onto the show in any real meaningful way.

So it's cut the roster in half, then half it again and produce their best show in god knows how long. 

For the bit in bold, I really like this. They could certainly use this approach to prevent over-exposure of the undercard. Absolutely have Strowman destroy these skinny dudes on a weekly basis, but perhaps next week have Neville against Bo Dallas or someone else. Give Axel the week off and have him fill another match the week after against anyone but the "usual guys."

• Paid Members

Got round to catching Raw. Great content for the most part, but the 3 hours still drag even without ads.

Nia "The Rock's Cousin" Jax is still shit and unconvincing, and the women's match was sloppy in parts but good.

Thought both Fatal 4 Ways and main event were enjoyable, New Day still entertain me and Enzo and Cass are awesome as ever.

Best part of the show for me was Braun Strowman's reverse chokeslam on the jobber with literally no chin. He'll absolutely kill someone with that one day.

I do still like New Day generally, their little highlight video of the past year or so shows how good they've been and still can be but some really bad material this week. The "sonny boy" thing was presumably funny in someone's head

For the bit in bold, I really like this. They could certainly use this approach to prevent over-exposure of the undercard. Absolutely have Strowman destroy these skinny dudes on a weekly basis, but perhaps next week have Neville against Bo Dallas or someone else. Give Axel the week off and have him fill another match the week after against anyone but the "usual guys."

It raises the question of what to do with Balor between now and SummerSlam.

Do you really want him to be going over the Zayn/Reigns/Rusev for the next few weeks, which will give him credibility but halt their momentum when they need to be building them up as well. Do you give him victories over the next to nothing lot like Dallas/Axel/Sin Cara, which gives increases his momentum but doesn't do a lot for his credibility given he's just beaten Reigns. Do you simply keep him away from the ring for the next few weeks but keep on the show. Or do you go the tried and tested way of putting on great wrestling matches with people with no direction whatsoever at this point with the likes of Jericho/Cesaro/Owens where he'll be made to look great.

Edited by Jackpot

Random thought about Byron.. how the hell was he ever a wrestler? Anyone remember what he was like? The thought of him cutting a promo on someone is a laugh.

I still thought he was kind of shit, dorky-sounding and annoying but the interviews and such were a nice touch that kind of began to justify his place.

Edited by sj5522

I do still like New Day generally, their little highlight video of the past year or so shows how good they've been and still can be but some really bad material this week. The "sonny boy" thing was presumably funny in someone's head

It was so bad, but it was probably the worst thing on an otherwise pretty great show.

I was almost giddy with how amazing it was not having JBL there, like a headache finally going away after years and years. Did I hear something about his contract coming due soon? Hopefully they'll fuck him off Smackdown soon as well. Or maybe Ranallo can drizzle the turd in glitter and make him slightly less abysmal.

I thought Battleground was tremendous but I didn't have high hopes for Raw as the draft hadn't filled me with hope and I was expecting this to be the start of Seth vs Roman which I really couldn't be doing with.

I can't even really add anything other than the show was easily the best episode of Raw in years. There's a real optimism going forward regarding what is to come.

I'm happy that they've have gone all on with Finn too, 18 months of slowly climbing the ranks could leave his best years behind him. They're maximising what they have with him. He's the suave Irishman that Sheamus could never be, he's widely known and respected and marketable as fuck. Good job.

Edited by Sexy Dad

The most refreshing thing for me was that neither Rollins not Steph had any influence over the outcome of the main event. More clean finishes please.

Sacha also appears to have developed a worrying habit of rushing moves during big matches, resulting in some untidy looking exchanges. It was noticeable at 'Mania, where she could be forgiven for letting nerves get the better of her, but there were also further examples at Battleground (a dodgy looking 'rana being one) and again last night (that tope).