The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I was astonished that the commentary team (Cole?) said that Jericho was the favourite to win the rumble. Are they really that serious or think people would actually think he would win?

To be fair, this year the result is a bit less predictable than most years, because it isn't for a WrestleMania main event. A Jericho type could win the belt and lose it to someone good at Fastlane. He won't, but it's more feasible him losing the title back to Roman Reigns in February 2016 than it would be if the Rumble winner had to headline WrestleMania 32.

There's no fucking chance of Jericho leaving the Rumble as the WWE Champion, even if it was only until Fastlane.

Can't stand Kalisto's music and that "Lucha, Lucha, Lucha" arm thing. It never seems to be in sequence with the music or the fans chanting it. I can see what they are trying to do, but it needs a bit of a change to catch on fully.

Still great to see a bit of a change though.

Gutted you said that now....... Edited by undercover elephant

I was half expecting all the faces to run down to the ring and start fighting the heels (Ambrose, Ryback, Uso's etc) but I'm guessing that will happen on the go home raw before the rumble. 

Along these lines...has it ever been explained why Ambrose (Roman's best friend) and the Usos (Roman's family) never, or rarely, run in to help him?

I was half expecting all the faces to run down to the ring and start fighting the heels (Ambrose, Ryback, Uso's etc) but I'm guessing that will happen on the go home raw before the rumble. 

Along these lines...has it ever been explained why Ambrose (Roman's best friend) and the Usos (Roman's family) never, or rarely, run in to help him?

Don't be silly, that would require some logical booking, like, I dunno have Vince just extend the opening promo when he announced the match by 2 minutes explaining if Romans allies were to interfere THEY'RE FIIIIIIRRRREEED. At least TRY to tie up the loose ends, and maybe put in place some rules, ya know so people know what they are watching. That ending segment was the biggest pile of shit in a while, well since the Sheamus/Reigns 20 minute Tata Tots promo.

Its because the faces are pussies, why would you help Reigns when there is 9 superstars outside of the ring who could beat you up?

Speaking of things not making sense though, Ambrose did that promo after Owens attacked him saying he was still alive and will make Owens suffer, yet was nowhere to be seen in the main event? I can understand if they want the focus to be on Roman but why have that promo?

This might have been resolved logically but what ever happened to the Miz/Neville Mentoring angle? Did Neville attack Miz at some point and say fuck off I'm good as I am? I sometimes zone out when I'm watching Raw and miss things.

Last I remember was Neville saying something like 'If you ever get involved in my business again' (following Miz at ringside) then 'I will make you my business' or some rubbish. Haven't seen anything since unless its a Smackdown feud as I have no time for Smackdown. 

Its because the faces are pussies, why would you help Reigns when there is 9 superstars outside of the ring who could beat you up?

When Brock came out and started throwing people around my first thought was that he'd clear the ring then just look at Roman on the floor and walk away (maybe with a Brock smirk) and almost tease a face turn. Hitting his finish on a defenceless champ seemed a bit pointless.  I did FF most of RAW so that was my thinking without the context of whatever happened earlier.

I quite liked that they let Sheamus get a little bit of offence in on Brock, albeit just forearms in the corner.  I have very little interest in a Brock vs Sheamus programme but wonder if they are building towards that for Fast Lane/Mania.

Bit disappointed that they confirmed Sting for HoF but he didnt even make a 'stand on the stage and wave' appearance.

Quite enjoyed the Del Rio vs Kalisto match which is nice, Del Rio normally bores me.

And I quite like the Social Misfits. There. I said it.

What would be the point in flying Sting all the way to Louisiana just to come out and wave. Sting doesn't travel anywhere unless it's business class, there's no way he's slumming it with the dregs in economy.

The guys just had surgery, so may not be able to travel anyways , but if your going to fly him in it needs to be for some reasonable contribution. Not that it's stopped them from wasting airfares on people before

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Also 'tease a face turn' from Brock. He's pretty much been a face since Wrestlemania. The night after when he was fired by the Authority he was a face. When he challenged Rollins and took out J and J security and Kane he was presented as a face. In his feud with the Undertaker he was the face seeing as they had Taker using low blows and all sorts to beat Brock. He's worked with heels in all 3 of his house show appearances this/last year. He's basically a dickhead face like Austin was.

• Paid Members

When Brock came out and started throwing people around my first thought was that he'd clear the ring then just look at Roman on the floor and walk away (maybe with a Brock smirk) and almost tease a face turn. Hitting his finish on a defenceless champ seemed a bit pointless.  I did FF most of RAW so that was my thinking without the context of whatever happened earlier.

It's completely part of his character. He beats fuck out of anyone, no matter how defenceless they are. Take that cameraman for example last year, he doesn't give a fuck. If he left him there and walked away, I think that would've been a big change to his character as it would either show sympathy (which he doesn't have) or even that he likes Roman (Brock doesn't like anyone, not even Heyman really).

Bit disappointed that they confirmed Sting for HoF but he didnt even make a 'stand on the stage and wave' appearance.

I could be wrong, but this never happens when they announce someone for HoF, does it? Seems pointless. They'll get that out of their system when they are actually inducted. What's the point turning up to wave to promote him coming back for another wave at HoF?