The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

SmackDown spoiler, doesn't relate much to RAW but relates to the general discussion on this thread of WWE's direction as a company.

Tyler Breeze debuts on SmackDown and is hit with Summer Rae. This company has no idea what to do with anyone. I mean who debuts on a SmackDown these days?

She's a kiss of death. Awful in every respect, and I'd even say uglier than Bayley.

It's harsh to say she's uglier than Bayley, but Summer does have a problem in that looks-wise, she is an uglier version of the prototypical diva. Paige is really good-looking but can get away with physical flaws because she's got her own niche. Bayley's ugliness is part of her gimmick, kind of. And for Summer, the role of Bootleg Lana was perfect -- but separated from that, she'll struggle again.

I said this a few weeks ago but overall ratings are much lower these days than they used to be because of many more channels, pay services (e.g. Netflix) and online.

Other than live sport are there many shows these days with higher ratings than in previous years? If you take Eastenders for example, its highest ever rating was 30m back in the early days of the show yet last years big storyline with Lucy was only between 10m-12m and that was its 30th anniversary with much more publicity and advertising (and everyone talking about it).

Edited by Briefcase

Raw just felt flat to me, I wouldn't necessarily call it terrible or insulting, it just fell I dunno, tired....a tired format, tired feuds that need settling, tired booking. I am so sick of the Wyatt/Reigns/Ambrose dynamic, I can't sit through any more. Kane wasn't on the show, but how long has he been fucking with Rollins now, it goes back a fair way I think to when The Authority were more prominent on the show, hopefully it all ends Sunday.

Have other long running shows seen similar drops in ratings? Or are the excuses only used in wrestling

Did You Know? There are no other long running episodic weekly no off-season action-adventure scripted sports-based television dramas.

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT BIG CROWD ALL PEOPLE GET LOUD EVERYBODY GET DOWN

The build up for the Lesnar/Taker cell match has been really poor, especially compared to the excellent build for Summerslam. I get that they can't both be on the show every week but why not have at least SOME physical interaction on this one? Maybe have Brock ballshot Taker to give him a taste of his own medicine. Something, anything really.

What do we all reckon the Survivor Series big match is going to be this year?

Wouldn't surprise me if they go with something like Kane needing to get his job back so he teams up with Reigns, Ambrose & Orton to take on the Wyatt Family.

Orton is out with a shoulder injury, that's why they've changed the match on the pre-show.

No fucking way are they going to be able to stretch out something involving Reigns and Wyatt into November, it's overstayed it's welcome and needs to end after the cell match this weekend, move bother onto new things

What do we all reckon the Survivor Series big match is going to be this year?

Wouldn't surprise me if they go with something like Kane needing to get his job back so he teams up with Reigns, Ambrose & Orton to take on the Wyatt Family.

Orton is out with a shoulder injury, that's why they've changed the match on the pre-show.

No fucking way are they going to be able to stretch out something involving Reigns and Wyatt into November, it's overstayed it's welcome and needs to end after the cell match this weekend, move bother onto new things

They did stretch out Rusev & Cena for four months. I don't want them to go with what I suggested but this is the WWE after all. 

Orton & Cena off tv too means the focus will have to be on Reigns/Ambrose and probably Kane. I would guess Undertaker may also be off TV for a bit after HITC. 

• Paid Members

Have other long running shows seen similar drops in ratings? Or are the excuses only used in wrestling

Did You Know? There are no other long running episodic weekly no off-season action-adventure scripted sports-based television dramas.

"And remember King, there is no off-season in the WWE"

Well there is, it runs from May to December.

On a side note, I'd rather watch May to December repeats than RAW these days. Anton Rodgers>Seth Rollins.