The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

Also, the feud with Cena only ended on Sunday evening. Let's give it a month and see where he ends up before people say how he's really shit now and it's all Cena's fault for winning another feud. I mean, if they do go him vs Cesaro everyone will be bumming it on here anyway as it'll be a massive critical success and people won't be too fussed about the lack of elevation. Until they do it for the 3rd smackdown in a row.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I hope so more for Ambrose then Owens to he honest. I want to be able to get my teeth into an Ambrose feud and as much as appreciate Owens, his character is one of the few recently that I've cared about getting a whooping

I loved the Undertaker/Lesnar pull apart on RAW. In fact it was one of the better pieces of work they have done in a long time and for the first time in years the Undertaker looks like a bad man - if not a little bit off his rocker. They had to have half the roster doing the pull apart. When Lesnar and Taker are involved they are such mega stars - especially with Lesnar's physical dominance - that security pulling them apart wouldn't have been enough IMO. 

That said Taker does look like the shits which is sad for me to say as I was once his biggest fan. Bodily he looks as good as he has in a long time, clearly having worked out and has put on a little weight which is no bad thing. But as someone said his skin looks like it is stitched onto a skeleton from the neck up and he looks like he has walked out of an old folks home and is confused as to where he is. 

I don't know what is worse a haggard, S&M goth with a receding hairline or just letting him grown it out grey and turn him into the original dead man for one last run with long (albeit balding) hair and the old school look. 

• Paid Members

Not the first to die a death and Owens won't be the last.

If you're thick enough to consider Owens so far on the main roster as "dying a death" then you're probably never going to be happy with anything ever in wrestling.

Far from thick so give it a rest. You disagree, fine. I'm saying he will die a death in all likelihood based on their track record over the last few years. No one bigger than Cena to beat so he's lost the big feud to have. I'm not blaming Cena, I think he's been under-rated for most of his run.

What I don't like, and many on here have commented over the years along the same lines, he comes out and buries people on the mic first chance he gets. He gets free reign and doesn't use it appropriately in my opinion.

As with most things, we will see what transpires. I will be very surprised if WWE break with recent tradition and have something worthwhile for him. 411 reported yesterday that the booking team are trying to hang him out to try which if I were HHH, I'd be trying to do something about.

• Moderators

I wouldn't bother with 411 reporting stuff as a source. It's a shite newz site.

I don't think we can safely say Cena has full free reign. I doubt he just goes out and says "I'm going totake the piss and bury him now". He's told the of what to say by McMahon I'd wager and he fills in the gaps of what isn't written down. And by all accounts he's such a company man that he's going to go out and do that, just as he's told. I don't think it's fair to blame him. McMahon's going to want Cena to be super strong and not sell things in promos for as McMahon said in a meeting a year or two ago "Cena is feeding our families".

• Paid Members

What I don't like, and many on here have commented over the years along the same lines, he comes out and buries people on the mic first chance he gets. He gets free reign and doesn't use it appropriately in my opinion.

You've been a member less than a month, have you lurked all these years or are you on a second account? I'm not sure many have made that comment about Cena to be honest, because it's pretty much factually incorrect. Cena puts over his opponents in his promos far better than anybody else in the company. Yes, he will point out the negative characteristics of the heels he faces, this is basic storytelling.

No one bigger than Cena to beat so he's lost the big feud to have.

In which case, where would beating Cena have taken him? To fight Seth Rollins for the big belt at SummerSlam? There's zero sense at all in beating Cena only to then drop down to Cesaro, Ziggler and co anyway, so what do you think Owens would have done with the win?

This is the back end of the boo-hooing about Roman Reigns winning the Rumble. Now a baddie has the belt, and a baddie has the briefcase. WWE needs babyface world title challengers, not heels. It's fucked it for any new heels beating Cena en route to the top at the moment.

411 reported yesterday

Oh dear.

• Paid Members

You've been a member less than a month, have you lurked all these years or are you on a second account? I'm not sure many have made that comment about Cena to be honest, because it's pretty much factually incorrect. Cena puts over his opponents in his promos far better than anybody else in the company. Yes, he will point out the negative characteristics of the heels he faces, this is basic storytelling.

Read the forums for ten years or so, and now that I'm watching fairly regularly decided to sign up. Few mates post on here and have done for a while, not had an account before. Tried ton sign up about 4 years ago but system kept crashing and never got further than that.

There's basic storytelling and then there's him taking his slating too far. Again just my opinion.

• Paid Members

No one bigger than Cena to beat so he's lost the big feud to have.

In which case, where would beating Cena have taken him? To fight Seth Rollins for the big belt at SummerSlam? There's zero sense at all in beating Cena only to then drop down to Cesaro, Ziggler and co anyway, so what do you think Owens would have done with the win?

This is the back end of the boo-hooing about Roman Reigns winning the Rumble. Now a baddie has the belt, and a baddie has the briefcase. WWE needs babyface world title challengers, not heels. It's fucked it for any new heels beating Cena en route to the top at the moment.

411 reported yesterday

Oh dear.

I didn't boo hoo Reigns at any point, I think they did him a favour by switching as I doubt he'd recover from the backlash. Cena had the character, attitude and bloody mindedness to power through. Reigns doesn't have the charisma that Cena had when he first came on the scene.

Fair point re: not having a face to chase the belt. Could owens have been the anti-hero they wanted Reigns to be though?

And as far as 411 goes I don't know what's good or bad, always read the roundtables on there so never ventured further afield. Suggestions welcomed.

• Moderators

For news anything but the Wrestling Observer itself and not a paste job on a newz site where they add things or fuck things up (found at www.F4Wonline.com), PWInsider, Prowrestling.net as of these days and (possibly) the Torch will get any "newz" will get your post roundly scoffed at. If people post using Lords of Pain as a source, for example, a few of us nearly have heart attacks of hate.

With him "taking his slating too far", perhaps you'd like to address my view on it a few posts up?

Edited by PowerButchi

Fair point re: not having a face to chase the belt. Could owens have been the anti-hero they wanted Reigns to be though?

Well it'd involve him turning babyface two months in after one feud, and going from winning the US title one night to becoming the challenger for the World title the next. And then at SummerSlam, he either wins the one belt and discards the other, or he gets buried in his first big match as a face. Is he allowed to get buried by Rollins because Rollins isn't Cena?

• Paid Members

Well it'd involve him turning babyface two months in after one feud, and going from winning the US title one night to becoming the challenger for the World title the next. And then at SummerSlam, he either wins the one belt and discards the other, or he gets buried in his first big match as a face. Is he allowed to get buried by Rollins because Rollins isn't Cena?

I said I felt Cena buried Rollins on the mic. I said KO losing to Cena will do him a tremendous amount of damage which, based on recent history, creative will struggle to salvage him from. I don't know if you're deliberately misrepresenting my points or not but I didn't say Cena buried Owens.