The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'd like a bryan turn to be reigns post mania feud. Get the vegan chat, chumming up with his heel wife and stop doing the yes and he can talk the crowd against him

I'd rather they stopped fighting natural crowd reactions and instead, turned the new champion Reigns heel, have Heyman manage him (assuming Brock leaves), and have a mega popular Daniel Bryan chase him for the title. That would make far more sense.  

Challengers for babyface champion Reigns - Rollins, Rusev, Wyatt, Big Show, Kane

Challengers for heel champion Reigns - Cena, Bryan, Orton, Ambrose, Ziggler

Far better matches on tap if Reigns was heel champ.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Awards Moderator

Curious mild racism at the Bushwhackers, introducing them with didgeridoos and talking about "the outback" :/

It's not racism, it's a stereotype. They're both from New Zealand. Their whole gimmick played upon that fact.

Erm... they're Australian stereotypes. It's like saying us Brits love riding bicycles wearing stripy jumpers whilst chomping on onions.

Agreed racism is a bit strong - ignorant at best.

Curious mild racism at the Bushwhackers, introducing them with didgeridoos and talking about "the outback" :/

It's not racism, it's a stereotype. They're both from New Zealand. Their whole gimmick played upon that fact.

Erm... they're Australian stereotypes. It's like saying us Brits love riding bicycles wearing stripy jumpers whilst chomping on onions.

Agreed racism is a bit strong - ignorant at best.

Have you been watching wrestling for long?  The Highlanders, Sheamus, Yoshi Tatsu, Kofi Kingston and a few thousand more have had the same stereotypical thing.

• Paid Members

Definate lack of outback when I visited New Zealand. Lots of mountains, but definitely no outback.

They were always referred to as being from Australia during their WWF run weren't they? So it would just be a case of keeping the gimmick going

No, definitely billed as from New Zealand in their WWE run. I think it was the first time I knew the place existed.

• Paid Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Stephanie is the WORST onscreen heel in WWE. By a huge margin. She isn't entertaining. She doesn't get a single babyface over. She cuts the nuts off both the faces and the heels. Both Seth and Orton were made to look like little bitches in her presence last night. Fucking hell, she is just awful on every single possible level. How can Vince McMahon's own daughter be so utterly fucking clueless as to what makes a good effective heel authority figure. Terrible in every way. 

Apologies, rant over.

Edited by LaGoosh

They managed to extract what little buzz existed out of Orton's return by the end of the show. Pity, he was over as fuck during the opening segment.

Bryan's promo with Reigns was really good, other then that a fairly meh show.

Ideally Rusev would go over at Mania and continue to dominate so that Reigns gets extra rub when he finally beats him but it makes perfect sense for him to lose to the highest profile opponent on the biggest stage.

I'd like to see them do the same finish as Fastlane but with Rusev passing out in an I Quit match so he can get some extra mileage out of never being pinned or tapped out.

I thought the Orton thing was nailed on to be a "haha got ya! I'm not really on your side you tit" sort of thing, but it seems they're going a different way which is crazy. Now looks like Orton is going to eventually snap on Rollins again, which dilutes it and makes Orton look a bit of a twat. Like he wants to be a corporate kiss ass, but also wants to beat up Rollins, weird.

I may be wrong with how they do it/how it seems, but for saying I was actually looking forward to a Randy chuffing Orton return for quite some time, last night deflated it slightly.