The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Personally speaking I just find the lack of confidence that the company have in their current roster disheartening. Yes, the WWE network will have a lot of historical content, but why not include the current hottest commodity in the company to rep what they currently have to offer?

• Paid Members

Who's the hottest commodity in the company? Cena is their biggest star. He's the one who leaves and the PPV business goes to shit. Triple H gets more TV time than most and is the onscreen figure head. They are the most famous pair of regulars, so having them there makes sense. They are trying to sell a network to customers. They've brought the big guns out for it. The rest of them cant convince you to buy SummerSlam, let alone subscribe to a network.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'd go further than that to be honest, cena isn't just their biggest current star he's there only star. He's the one that

moves the needle and the people want to see. Punk doesn't really want to seem to be that, he seems happy being a wrestler first and foremost.

I'd go further than that to be honest, cena isn't just their biggest current star he's there only star. He's the one that

moves the needle and the people want to see. Punk doesn't really want to seem to be that, he seems happy being a wrestler first and foremost.

Nah Punk wants to be the man, I reckon. Or at least he did. That's why it's so frustrating trying to marry he's hatred of protocol to his ambitions. In Cena's own words he walked in to the WWE and wanted to own the place. Punk wants to be on the posters and wants to main event WrestleMania.

This was a great raw! A couple of things to advance storylines, like Lesnar "breaking" Menry's arm, and actual Old School guys who were different from the last lot. Rikishi! Too Cool! Jake"The Snake" Roberts!! He looked better than he did 20 years ago. They always seem to have more fun when they do a themed Raw....and it in turn makes it more interesting. Could do without Pipers Pit though....just something about him that just bores me. Reigns' response to getting his cheeked squeezed was excellent though.

I thought it was pretty good, definitely an enjoyable watch.

The Lesnar stuff was just gold again, Im calling it now that Brock/Taker will be the main event for the title at Mania with Taker winning on his stage to close the show.

Nice seeing Flair but that opening segment just went nowhere IMO, cant see there being much interest at all for Cena/Orton at the rumble.

Punk/Reigns was an awesome main event, slower the split of The Shield the better and stuff like the Pipers Pit and Reigns winning enhanced this.

The crowd was terrible, especially for an "old school" themed Raw, most of them didn't seem to recognise any of the Legends. Even Flair and Piper got kind of tame reactions at first.

Orton was better verbally in that opening segment than he has been in a long time, he actually seemed into what was happening, not so monotone.

The follow up to Daniel Bryan was disappointing, pretty paint by the numbers "reluctant ally" story. I'm glad they appear to have ditched calling him Daniel Wyatt, as occured on the weekend house shows. That whole line of thinking made no sense when Harper and Rowan kept their names.

Ryback vs. Big E is a match I actually really want to see. I'm fairly indifferent to both individually, but as a feud it seems really big time.

Reigns stole Piper's Pit with that one line, "Touch me again and I'll break your old ass in half". Perfect.

Kind of strange to see Heyman aligned with Lesnar against Big Show- I was having Survivor Series 02 flashbacks. Brock took a great bump as well.

And credit to Michael Cole, who was really trying to make Jake's return seem massive. Too bad the crowd were shit again. Was it just me, or did Jake's return seem like more than just the Old School theme? Ambrose couldn't contain his marking out either :laugh:

• Paid Members

I gave up before the end as I had work today, but Piper's mic skills have deteriorated badly going on last night's showing. Great to see Jake the Snake back, that was genuinely a surprise. Probably the death knell on him having a surprise rumble spot though.

• Paid Members

I think we should spend some time talking about Ryback on commentary. Amazing

"he's easily the 2nd or 3rd strongest guy in the WWE"

"He's not bad for a guy with high body fat"

"You know, Curtis Axel was the longest reigning intercontinental champion of 2013"

"Someone put a bra on this guy. Jesus"

:laugh: