The Preston City Wrestling Thread

If a wrestler was to get upset over a 'You fat bastard' chant then they should have no place being in the ring. You get guys like Triple H who put on matches after suffering severe burns when their pyro malfunctions and others who continue to perform when all their friends and family around them are watching them pop painkillers just to get out of bed, and you expect other wrestlers to be offended by a schoolboy chant and make a success of it. Not a chance.

Totally missed the point, I wasn't even close to suggesting Cyanide might have been upset. Rather that it was really daft how a bunch of lads decide to start on someone who wasn't even in the ring at the time, when there was a match going on that they could have directed much more appropriate chants towards. Misplaced/offensive/rubbish chants, see?

If a wrestler was to get upset over a 'You fat bastard' chant then they should have no place being in the ring. You get guys like Triple H who put on matches after suffering severe burns when their pyro malfunctions and others who continue to perform when all their friends and family around them are watching them pop painkillers just to get out of bed, and you expect other wrestlers to be offended by a schoolboy chant and make a success of it. Not a chance.

Totally missed the point, I wasn't even close to suggesting Cyanide might have been upset. Rather that it was really daft how a bunch of lads decide to start on someone who wasn't even in the ring at the time, when there was a match going on that they could have directed much more appropriate chants towards. Misplaced/offensive/rubbish chants, see?

Either way, isn't it down to the wrestlers themselves to be entertaining the fans enough that there isn't constant outbreaks of chants like that? If they're drawing the right response from the crowd then you shouldn't notice a handful of fans trying to get theirselves over.

Anyone got a picture of MVP in his United attire?

There's a link to a (not great) pic of it on twitter MVP

Bloody love MVP's Utd Gear!

With regards to the chanting I dont think any of the guys in the ring care about it or even take notice of drunken people singing. A lot of them have mentioned afterward that they rarely hear what the fans are singing whether its good or bad.

Whats worse is when someone randomly shouts a tirade of foul abuse at someone as they walk past.

Telling a wrestler to "Kill himself" or saying things about thier lives outside of wrestling deserves them getting a kicking IMO

• Paid Members

Gutted I missed White Lightning make an impact in PCW. Also gutting, it's going to cost me to do the Carlito show. I promised I'd do a mate's 30th that night and said I'd be fashionably late, shooting down to the Midlands from Preston after the show, but not realizing I've already agreed to another 30th down there on the Friday. Train down after work on the Friday night, then heading back up on the Saturday for PCW, only to head BACK DOWN, and then back up on the Sunday. I probably wouldn't do it if attendance wasn't free as it becomes a very pricy weekend, but I'm going to make it happen.

Fucking stupid mates having birthdays. Selfish bastards.

Won't go into too much detail but had another top weekend in Preston. Wrestling highlights for me were Redragon's performances, Andrews/Travis and the triple threat on night two. The general atmosphere and overall presentation of the show by PCW was once again top notch.

PCW contains some belting themes/songs used as themes (with one particularly obvious outstanding one) which brings me on to the reason I posted, to ask what Low Ki was using as a theme? It was very catchy for a repetitive tune.

Gutted I missed White Lightning make an impact in PCW. Also gutting, it's going to cost me to do the Carlito show. I promised I'd do a mate's 30th that night and said I'd be fashionably late, shooting down to the Midlands from Preston after the show, but not realizing I've already agreed to another 30th down there on the Friday. Train down after work on the Friday night, then heading back up on the Saturday for PCW, only to head BACK DOWN, and then back up on the Sunday. I probably wouldn't do it if attendance wasn't free as it becomes a very pricy weekend, but I'm going to make it happen.

Fucking stupid mates having birthdays. Selfish bastards.

The free show is completely out for me, will be the first PCW show i've missed since my first in November. But on the plus side, at least i'll be at Glastonbury. So it's a good excuse lol.

Edited by truthofsin

Some upcoming match news:

PCW Tribute to the Troops on June 28th Free Outdoors Show in Market Square, Preston, 2pm - 3 matches announced:

10349962_853146248047739_4761704741276162615_n.jpg

10253756_853182198044144_8177562753426333559_n.jpg

10363329_852626891433008_2251007329809038646_n.jpg

Then......

PCW I Want to Break Three on August 1st at Evolve, 7pm - 3 matches announced:

BpdHF0tCIAEtwCt.jpg

BoHQ31UIMAAVUDL.jpg

Just announced: Six Person Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a future PCW title shot.

Participants to be announced.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Very excited about both shows from what's already announced and what might be added.

Maybe I'll come along to one and ask air_raid about his VK's.

I never Shmongu at the wrestling. It's more like diet coke or ginger beer, when Evoque have it. Which is seldom.

4th Match just announced for PCW Tribute to the Troops on June 28th:

BpedxmhCIAA4oJz.jpg

Looking like a really fun card at this point, and the matches involving both Chris Masters & Carlito are yet to be announced as well.

If the weather is good, I can see PCW attracting a really big crowd for this show. Potentially 1000+ at least, given it is free.

• Paid Members

'Superstars of Wrestling' promoter Matt Jarrett seemingly taking a nasty shot at PCW, Lionheart and his neck injury here:

Screenshot_2014-06-07-19-34-01.png

He did delete this post and replace it with something about people being 'insecure', but someone managed to screen-grab it...

Edited by Big Benny HG

Pretty disgraceful comments from Jarrett. Very sad that he would even feel the need to resort to such dirty tactics to promote his show. I guess he's just desperate for attention.

Anyway, a 5th match has been announced for PCW Tribute to the Troops:

1908035_853897684639262_7921655390298742924_n.jpg

Apparently Joey Hayes and Chris Masters have been allowed to select each others opponents for this show, ahead of their showdown on August 1st. This match was Hayes' choice for Masters.

I strongly suspect that Joey Hayes vs Carlito will be Masters' choice for Hayes, but we'll find out shortly.

• Paid Members

Jabs about professionalism in a promotional post with that many sloppy SPAG errors.... japes.

Also, for taking such a pop like that in a thinly-veiled reference to Lionheart's injury, Jarrett has just convinced me to never buy a ticket for one of his shows again.