The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Wow, Danny Hope and Joey Hayes never wrestle each other one on one for at least a decade, you think it'll never happen and then 2 matches come along in less than a month! Awesome!

03.06.2010 Gerry Norton Promotions Joey Hayes defeats Danny Hope

GNP Game On @ Social Centre in Creswell, Derbyshire, England, UK

15.11.2008 Gerry Norton Promotions Danny Rio defeats Joey Hayes

GNP The Last Day Of Peace @ Creswell Social Centre in Creswell, Derbyshire, England, UK

From cagematch.de

Knew I'd seen the match before but I was surprised by how few times it has happened. Those matches from a decade ago aren't even listed.

• 3 weeks later...
Strong card once again. I can't wait to see AR Fox he's absolutely bonkers. Hope we get some tag match slotted in some where on the card.

What time does the show start?

The doors open around 6pm and the show starts around 7pm.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Masters hasn't had a match announced. Is he coming just to smile and wave?

My bold prediction : Dave Rayne to receive a stinkface.

• Paid Members
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Masters heel turn. It'd add an interesting dynamic to the regular import.

Timing would be crap though considering by virtue of winning RTG he has a title shot forthcoming against Joey, who's a heel.

Sorry for anyone who thinks suggesting Danny Hope isn't going to win the belt straight back is blasphemy.

It's kind of amazing that Chris Masters, Terry Funk, Vader and Rikishi are all appearing, yet there's no advertised matches for them ahead of time.

I'd like to see Masters vs Funk, and Vader vs Rikishi in singles matches, that would be fun.

Masters has never wrestled Funk, and Vader has only wrestled Rikishi once before, back when he was Fatu, on the April 22, 1996 WWF RAW.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

If Rikishi's actually going to wrestle, I assume he will squash Dave Rayne or Pip in about 90 seconds with the other getting a similar treatment from Vader.

It's kind of amazing that Chris Masters, Terry Funk, Vader and Rikishi are all appearing, yet there's no advertised matches for them ahead of time.

I'd like to see Masters vs Funk, and Vader vs Rikishi in singles matches, that would be fun.

Masters has never wrestled Funk, and Vader has only wrestled Rikishi once before, back when he was Fatu, on the April 22, 1996 WWF RAW.

I'd like to see Team Single versus Vader and Funk. It would be one hell of a brawl. Bubblegum having a go at the Masterlock Challenge would be fun as would Rikishi battling Dave Rayne.

I'd like to see Team Single versus Vader and Funk. It would be one hell of a brawl. Bubblegum having a go at the Masterlock Challenge would be fun as would Rikishi battling Dave Rayne.

Based on Vader's work rate at this stage of the game (at least how he was at PCW Festive Fury back in December), I doubt he'd be up for that level of physicality. Funk might though, as he's nuts (with respect, he is a legend obviously).

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Carlito has been announced as appearing at the FREE PCW Tribute to the Troops show on June 28th, outdoors at the Preston Flag Market!

Pretty cool that's it's going to be free for all to attend. Hope they get a big crowd for this - and good weather!

10256803_825641527464878_7276214567638058653_n.jpg

Edited by ClassicsGuy