The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Special appearance from PCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart (?)

I dont think there is a question mark, he will be there, the man has said as much on fb. Balls of fucking steel that man.

Cool. I knew he was coming to Preston, but didn't know if he would be appearing in front of the audience or just seeing friends.

My predictions (though I didn't do too well with these last time):

Lionheart vacates the title, which is then put up in the Rumble. Someone (possibly even the loser of the #1/#30 bout) puts in a marathon performance to take the belt, only for Joey Hayes (who might have been #30 but wasted his advantage) returns and cashes-in his briefcase, capitalises on a worn-out winner and wins the gold.

See you all in a bit...

Bang on the money mystic meg

• Paid Members
God damn it I think I missed you Raid. Glad you enjoyed it.

We spoke. You were enthusing over your costume. Between this confusion and you telling Butch and Iun that I was at the anni show in August - despite me being in Tokyo at the time - I don't think you actually know which one I am.

• Paid Members

No, I know who you are... between our conversation and the rumble though, I took a knock on the head. I can also clarify that I confused you with windoesnot.

They fucking loved that Danny Hope finish. That was nuts.

I said it on Twitter, I said it on Facebook...I've never popped so much before in my life as I did last night for the end of that Rumble. It really was a moment of jumping for joy (Cheers Pat for letting me jump into your arms in sheer delight). Yes, we all knew the cash-in was coming but for those few minutes...I just didn't care. Little moments like that are why I'm a wrestling fan. Some brilliant moments to take away from the match which air_raid has already covered. I loved the Wrecking Ball spot. The Sci Fi guys had a fantastic little plan...at least, while it lasted.

Andrew text me while I was on the train to say that London's entrance (or at least, the footage he recorded which might include post-elimination) clocked in at over 40 minutes. Absolutely bananas stuff, and that needs to be a bonus feature on the DVD/Blu Ray release.

Top to bottom, another very good show. All heels with the gold in Preston at the moment, at least until Bubblegum heads to Cash Converters, so it'll be interesting to see which faces step up. Very exciting times ahead, and it keeps getting better.

That was probably, from top to bottom, the most enjoyable PCW card ever, in my opinion. Probably not the best show ever, as Supershow 3 weekend last November was the pinnacle, but as far as crowd reactions, actual show long storyline, great match with Devitt vs Travis, and a Rumble match that - SERIOUSLY - was better than WWE's this year, was the most fun PCW show I can recall.

The Lionheart segment at the beginning was just pure class. Literally every single person in the building got up and gave him a standing ovation when he came out. It was one of the most genuine and emotional moments I can ever recall attending live.

The show long storyline with Hayes being a prick to try to cash in, not being able to, then getting pinned in the opening match meaning that he had to start the Rumble as entrant #1, getting tossed out, then eventually coming back at the end and cashing in to win the title - that was just tremendous booking, and what a story it told.

The Rumble itself - so many highlights:

'This Guy' Kaleb Hughes and 'That Guy' Sam Wilder - PCW seriously need to capitalise on this spontaneousness and bring them back as a tag team on the next show, as 'These Guys', perhaps against Team Single. It really would work. The crowd just handed PCW something on a plate.

The entrance of Voodoo, doing the CM Punk gangster entrance for John Cena from WM22 was one of the funniest things I have ever seen at PCW. This was close to the brilliance of the slow motion match with Hope & Bennett at the show a few weeks ago. Just hilarious.

The Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball musical spot, with Hope riding Cyanide as he went nuts and eliminated everyone mid-way through the match - just great.

Huge pop for Dave Rayne... and then he tries to hide under the ring.

The spontaneous Madman Manson & Ashton Smith friendship - Manson eliminated - "Do it for Manson, Ashton!" chants lol.

The 40 minute entrance by Paul London through the crowd.

Keith Myatt pulling double duty as Deidre Barlow.

The crowd reaction for the finish, for Danny Hope winning was just insane, people literally jumping up into the air out of pure happiness, beer going flying everywhere. So much joy!

I didn't even mind Hayes cashing in and being the party pooper, because it was such a good story told.

Also the crowd attendance looked great - considering there was only really London & Kendrick & Devitt as 'imports', the place was full of people. People who knock PCW and claim it would be nothing without imports are so wrong and just don't get it. The core/key parts of PCW are all homegrown talent, most of them local. The atmosphere is just tremendous. Can't wait until Spring Slam on April 25th.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Andrew just posted this screenshot from the 'London Eye' footage of his entrance shot last night..

10003345_10202569349267109_49883793_n.jpg

Awesome stuff! The Mrs also took a selfie with him around the ring. Cool guy by all accounts, and more than a little nuts.. But in a good way!

Did London go to the shop next door and buy sweets mid-Rumble, with a camera following him? Hahaha That is awesome. Definitely need to buy the DVD for this show.

Did London go to the shop next door and buy sweets mid-Rumble, with a camera following him? Hahaha That is awesome. Definitely need to buy the DVD for this show.

Looks to me like the one across the street that sells all the American stuff which actually makes it even better. The fact London strolls out of a venue in a bright orange jump suit, heads across a busy main street and into a shop to buy jellybeans before coming back to ringside still eating the jellybeans is something that makes me laugh.

Looks to me like the one across the street that sells all the American stuff which actually makes it even better. The fact London strolls out of a venue in a bright orange jump suit, heads across a busy main street and into a shop to buy jellybeans before coming back to ringside still eating the jellybeans is something that makes me laugh.

He was doing shooters at the bar as well as smoking, chatting up ladies and everything in between. London vs Masters, will be the only match on the card should it happen as both have tried out do each other over entrances.. It would probably work at PCW as well :O

Another good show on Friday, highlight was without doubt Danny's Rumble and title win. You could tell Joey would cash in but the moment was incredible and one of the loudest cheers I've seen at PCW. The wrecking ball was the best part of the rumble match too, fucking inspired! Paul London's 40 minute entrance somehow managed to top last years and the 'this guy', 'that guy', 'other guy', 'new guy' chants were awesome.

Have never seen or really heard of Prince Devitt before (don't follow stuff in Japan) and couldn't help being a little underwhelmed after all the talk about how amazing he is. His look is cool and he does some good moves and all but for me it just didn't seem like anything the PCW regulars don't already do themselves. Another showing against Travis next show might change my view though.