The Preston City Wrestling Thread

After the Q&A back at the venue (which was a typically well-run session, with some decent questions instead of the usual rubbish you tend to get at this type of thing)

OBJECTION, your honour! There was plenty of the usual "mumble mumble (random Scouse chirping) I think ... what do yous think about tha?" rubbish leaving the panel (and everyone else) in doubt as to a) who the question was for and b) what the question even was.

I was pleased with my own contribution and sly dig at our friend from Oberhausen, it was a marked improvement from my question at the Supershow weekend, when I might as well have just taken the mic and exclaimed "I want to make love to Chris Masters."

Hmm maybe but the recurring gag where someone said "You won't remember me but I remember you" and the talents reaction kept getting funnier as it went along..

• Paid Members

If anyone else took the piss out of that line after me, then I missed it. Poor German lad sure put the picture in my head of a room plastered with wall to wall Hero posters, to the point he can't even remember what colour his wallpaper is.

"You won't remember me... neither did you spot me in the bushes earlier."

• 2 weeks later...
Shall be heading up Friday for the show, I know the veterans on here will know the best locations to park and also eat as we want to get a bite before the show starts. Any suggestions?

Many go to the Wellington pub for beer and scran which is just round the corner from the venue. Fishers is also OK but can take a while for food to arrive. The 18" hot dog is well worth the challenge.

Plenty of parking options nearby, I tend to park at the car park on Avenham Street.

Shall be heading up Friday for the show, I know the veterans on here will know the best locations to park and also eat as we want to get a bite before the show starts. Any suggestions?

I park on Manchester Road car park (PR1 3YH)

It's two quid for 24 hours, but if you get there in the afternoon they generally only charge you a quid. From there it's only a 5 minute walk around the corner to the venue

• Paid Members

RUMBLE!!!

Full card for tonight:

30-man Rumble

Prince Devitt vs. Kris Travis

Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Team Single (T-Bone & Rampage Brown)

Fight Club (Kid Fite & Liam Thomson) vs. DNA (Dean Allmark & Robbie Dynamite-tee-hee)

PCW Cruiserweight Title:

April Davids © vs. Bubblegum

6-way to determine #1 & #30 entrants in Rumble:

Dave Mastiff vs. El Ligero vs. Martin Kirby vs. Danny Hope vs. Joey Hayes vs. Cyanide

Special appearance from PCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart (?)

I dont think there is a question mark, he will be there, the man has said as much on fb. Balls of fucking steel that man.

Really wanna go, but have a huge mahoosive dialemma in so much that A) I'm skint and B) I'm actually signed off work til Monday, if I'm seen out, I'm sacked. Balls

We'll stick a mask on you, no one will notice. Guess I don't need to text you and find out if you're coming though. :(

Really looking forward to this one...Devitt vs Trav, London/Kendrick, the return of Fight Club, nothing on the card looks anything less than brilliant. I love a good Rumble and it wouldn't be a PCW Rumble without shenanigans. I've got a vague idea of what I think could happen tonight regarding the title situation, the Rumble match and Joey's briefcase...but wouldn't want to give the game away.

I imagine I'll see the usual folk in the pub later!

• Paid Members

My train gets in at ten to 5, I might stick my head round the door at the Wellington and harass you before show time. I've actually stumped for front row for once, because my Devitt worship knows no limitations.

• Paid Members

I dont think there is a question mark, he will be there, the man has said as much on fb. Balls of fucking steel that man.

Cool. I knew he was coming to Preston, but didn't know if he would be appearing in front of the audience or just seeing friends.

My predictions (though I didn't do too well with these last time):

Lionheart vacates the title, which is then put up in the Rumble. Someone (possibly even the loser of the #1/#30 bout) puts in a marathon performance to take the belt, only for Joey Hayes (who might have been #30 but wasted his advantage) returns and cashes-in his briefcase, capitalises on a worn-out winner and wins the gold.

See you all in a bit...

• Paid Members
Lionheart vacates the title, which is then put up in the Rumble. Someone (possibly even the loser of the #1/#30 bout) puts in a marathon performance to take the belt, only for Joey Hayes (who might have been #30 but wasted his advantage) returns and cashes-in his briefcase, capitalises on a worn-out winner and wins the gold.

I didn't even think of that as a possibility, but that's exactly what I'd do. Then have Hayes tell Lionheart he's a loser, so that if the latter does return to the ring, there's a match for him immediately that requires no work to set up.

My train gets in at ten to 5, I might stick my head round the door at the Wellington and harass you before show time. I've actually stumped for front row for once, because my Devitt worship knows no limitations.

Front row is great. I was front row for last years Springslam and Final Fight. I even had Tommy Dreamer and T-Bone prop themselves up on my knees. Abit awkward..

I've got to miss tonights show sadly as I've got a placement with work which needs to end within the next few weeks and taking tonight off will only delay that. I am however going to attend Springslam which I'm really looking forward to.

Edit: Just realized Springslam is in 4 weeks. Lovely!

Edited by Professor Paul's Bin

• Paid Members

Quick no frills results :

Lionheart comes out to thank everyone for their support and vows to be back in the ring by year's end. He's about to forfeit the belt when Joey comes out and tries to initiate a cash in before Fludder snatches the mic off him and says "The title's vacant" and announces the Rumble winner will be the new champion.

(1) Dave Mastiff won the six-corners to win the #30 spot over Joey Hayes, El Ligero, Martin Kirby, Danny Hope and Cyanide, pinning Hayes with a German suplex.

(2) DnA beat Fight Club, Dean Allmark pinning Liam Thompson after Shiranui Kai/solo Spanish Fly.

(3) Bubblegum pinned April Davids after a Pedigree for the PCW Cruiserweight title. April was distracted by Team Single's music playing when she seemed on the verge of victory.

(4) Team Single beat Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Rampage pinning Kendrick after a piledriver.

(5) Prince Devitt pinned Kris Travis after the Bloody Sunday.

- After the match, Devitt said he would love to be back any time and give Travis a rematch. Fludder then came out and announced Travis/Petey Williams for SpringSlam as scrapped, and Trav/Devitt II instead. Which essentially confirms my attendance.

(6) selected Rumble highlights :

- After being tossed early, Bubblegum threw his trademark strop and refused to leave ringside, grabbing a chair to watch the rest of the match.

- Keith Myatt entered once as himself and then once more as Deirdre Barlow.

- Danny Hope tried to get Cyanide to dance and when he wouldn't, Hope jumped on his back, and Cyanide went flying around the ring tossing people as "Wrecking Ball" played over the PA system. Miley's video even appeared on the screen.

- Dave Rayne did the old "wrapping yourself around the bottom rope" routine. When Rampage came out as number (IIRC) 28, he looked over and shook his head, hiding behind Danny Hope in the corner, muttering "I can't beat up Rampage!"

- Despite drawing an early number Paul London was in quite late due to the fact he spent about 20 minutes dawdling around ringside posing for pics with fans and eating sweets. Eventually he got in the ring, he stood on the middle rope, and T-Bone tossed him.

- Magic Mark was number 29. He didn't last long. His cards went flying. I retrieved the ace of diamonds as a memento.

- A humourous moment for me was Travis was in a spot of bother dangling upside down in the corner and rather plaintively wailed "Save me, Kirby!" This was especially funny because Kirby had been tossed a few moments earlier.

- Dave Mastiff didn't get long in despite being number 30 ; Bubblegum distracted him and he got tossed.

- The final four were Trav, Team Single and Danny Hope. After Rampage tossed Travis, Team Single double teamed Hope, but an errant boot from Rampage sent T-Bone out. They teased dissension but cooler heads prevailed. Danny "tassled up" but still seemed unlikely to win, but via the old "pulling the rope down for the charging heel" managed to send Rampage out to a delirious reaction of "YES! YES! YES!" Danny did a catwalk with the belt, and it was an awesome feelgood moment.

(6)(a) Joey Hayes cashed in his briefcase and beat Hope with the Crossface to become the new PCW Heavyweight Champion.

So.... "CHAMPION WANKER" it is.