The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Another show I'm missing! Baws!

Oddly enough I'll be out watching footy in Preston Friday night, but just havent got the cash to do a wrestling weekender at the moment :( I could meet peeps after for a few scoops on Friday, probably or before Saturday's evening show, or maybe for the Boxing at Corn Exchange as I'm in Blackburn Sat daytime and busy Sat night.

Will deffo be at Tribute to the Troops show. Remember if you are sticking around in P-Town the following day of that show, it's Preston's Carribean Carnival, which is great fun!

I have this feeling that the surprises, this weekend, will be earth shattering. Gutted I cant go :(

Looking forward to this weekend. Finished at university, in limbo until I find a job. PCW weekender is the way to go to celebrate. The cards for all three nights look ridiculous, there should be some absolutely fantastic stuff. I'll be honest, I'm not too fussed about seeing MVP but as Benny said, I'm not really the target audience that MVP is here for.

I hope there's some sort of intros round for Never Mind the Bushwackers. I want kazoos and a look of bemusement from T-Bone when he realises he's got to somehow sing out Trav's entrance music. That will either be hilarious or utter garbage but I'm leaning heavily towards the former.

Interested to see who these surprises could be. Chris Hero is in Oberhausen on Saturday night for wXw so that rules him out...I'd guess maybe Devitt but stumped after that.

Same as always, I'll be around. If I see anyone I recognise, I'll be saying hi. If I don't know you, I'll say hi anyway

I wonder who the surprises will be? Let's have a guess - just throwing some names out here for speculation:

- Bad Influence (though I think they've already gone back to America and Fludder has already stated on Facebook they wanted too much money to wrestle);

- Somebody MVP-related: Bobby Lashley? Kenny King (more likely)? Joel Ross (haha)?

- Somebody British: Grado? Jack Jester?

- Surprise appearance by Lionheart (just to appear to say hello to the fans)?

Edited by ClassicsGuy

First time I'm doing a full weekend of PCW, been to one shots before but I finally got a free weekend to co-align. On Friday night I will be the guy in the shirt and pants covered in paint, snot, play dough and God knows what else because I will be coming straight from work because even though I made sure I was on the early shift to get chance to change I've got to stay late because a colleague is going to go to a Peter Fucking Andre autograph signing at fucking Morrisons.

• Paid Members

I'll be there too with Benny, Gadge, Windoesnot et al as usual. As for imports that are in the country and haven't already been mentioned yet, I believe RJ Brewer worked for Premier tonight, although I'm not sure how many people would actually know who he is.

• Paid Members
Never met you Catfish I don't think. I usually pop over to say hello to Benny and co in between takes.

We've met a couple of times I think, but I tend to blend into the background a bit. I believe we spoke briefly about your 'fingerpoke of doom Nitro' podcast a couple of shows ago...

• Paid Members
I'll be there too with Benny, Gadge, Windoesnot et al as usual. As for imports that are in the country and haven't already been mentioned yet, I believe RJ Brewer worked for Premier tonight, although I'm not sure how many people would actually know who he is.

Yup, RJ Brewer wrestled Zack Sabre Jr for Premier tonight and on Tuesday. Tonight was very good.

• Paid Members
Never met you Catfish I don't think. I usually pop over to say hello to Benny and co in between takes.

We've met a couple of times I think, but I tend to blend into the background a bit. I believe we spoke briefly about your 'fingerpoke of doom Nitro' podcast a couple of shows ago...

We did indeed actually, thank you for bringing that up, I remember that now. Is anyone out for the post-show drinking?

Yup, RJ Brewer wrestled Zack Sabre Jr for Premier tonight and on Tuesday. Tonight was very good.

RJ Brewer once had a very good match with Martin Kirby in GPW under his previous identity, John Walters. Some of the locals might recognise him.

I wonder who the surprises will be? Let's have a guess - just throwing some names out here for speculation:

- Bad Influence (though I think they've already gone back to America and Fludder has already stated on Facebook they wanted too much money to wrestle);

- Somebody MVP-related: Bobby Lashley? Kenny King (more likely)? Joel Ross (haha)?

- Somebody British: Grado? Jack Jester?

- Surprise appearance by Lionheart (just to appear to say hello to the fans)?

Yay! One of my guesses (kind of) came true! Lionheart appeared and is the new babyface PCW General Manger, in a suit and tie.

2 of the other surprises were Mark Andrews, who faced Kris Travis in an amazing bonus match, and Jeremy Borash, who guest ring announced the main event.

Excellent first night. Travis vs Andrews was match of the night, but there were several other strong matches. Low-Ki vs El Ligero started slowly but built really well. Uhaa Nation received the incredible reactions and chants again, even more so than in his previous appearance, it really was insane. He's challenging Danny Hope for biggest crowd favourite I think at this point. Just absolutely taken him to our hearts.

Snow vs Bubblegum was a great fun, a comedy match but a lot of decent wrestling in it too.

Brief results:

1 Danny Hope won a 4 way over Dean Allmark, Martin Kirby & Juventud Guerrera.

2 Mad Man Manson beat Noam Dar. Dar continued his slow heel turn after the match, saying he deserves better. Also had something mysterious in a man bag that he never revealed.

3 Team Single beat reDRagon to retain the PCW titles. Despite the crowd hating Team Single, my word, reDRagon were DETERMINED to be the heels and did everything within their power to be so. It almost, kind of worked. Team Single challenged them to a ROH tag titles match at a future date TBD. reDRagon kind of blew them off. Strangely Team Single actually got some applause for the babyface nature of their post match challenge.

Lionheart announced a bonus match:

4 Kris Travis beat Mark Andrews. Incredible match, not far off Travis' match with Devitt in PCW last month. Stole the show, Andrews totally won over the crowd.

5 Hurricane Helms beat Dave Rayne. First Helms won, but match was restarted because it breached the Hashtag Boom rules. Rayne then won, but match was restarted because it broke the Hurricane's rules. Finally Hurricane won.

6 Al Snow beat Bubblegum. Snow won after using Head. April Davids came out afterwards as a surprise and laid out Bubblegum.

7 Low-Ki beat El Ligero in a hard hitting really good match. A zillion chops exchanged. Poor Ligero had Low Ki's handprint on his chest.

8 Uhaa Nation beat Dave Mastiff, Chris Masters & Cyanide in a 4 way. Great action. Incredible reaction for Uhaa with just continuous chants for him, almost to the detriment of the match.

Jeremy Borash came out as guest ring announcer for the main event.

Hayes vs MVP turned into a tag, after MVP basically refused to wrestle in front of the fans. MVP was obviously a heel, though he was wearing his red jumpsuit that had tons of Man Utd stuff adorning it - a Man Utd crest on the bottom and top, MVP and a number on the back, and 'Glory Glory Man United' all down the sleeves. Lionheart made the following match:

9 Kris Travis & Danny Hope beat MVP & Joey Hayes. Fun match. Hayes & MVP didn't really get along after all, both going missing when their partner needed them.

I wonder who was originally supposed to be in the main event spot vs MVP & Hayes? I believe something fell through, based on the PCW Facebook from a few days back. Oh well, we'll never know, but this was a really good main event. Afterwards Lionheart, Travis and Hope did Hope's Tassle strut together to end the show.

Great start to the weekend.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

First two shows were fantastic, however the last one got completely ruined for me by absolute dickhead fans around me. In the 2 and a bit hours of the last show I got drinks all over my back and then splashed onto my face, got squared up by drink splashers, some dude spitting constantly in my face when he talked about how gay wrestling was and how weird, gay and perverted I was for liking it, electronic cigarette smoke puffed into my face for a good period of time and then I missed most of the main event because I got dragged into some situation regarding someone wearing a cowboy hat.

I don't know how I attract so much shit to me and my face, all I know is next time I'm going to a PCW show I'm wearing a mask!