The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Jabs about professionalism in a promotional post with that many sloppy SPAG errors.... japes.

Also, for taking such a pop like that in a thinly-veiled reference to Lionheart's injury, Jarrett has just convinced me to never buy a ticket for one of his shows again.

The sad thing is, he's digging a bigger hole for himself by claiming on Twitter to not know who Lionheart is. Not only is that an obvious lie (for many reasons - his remarks were about 'Styles' last time in the U.K., so he knows; the injury was very well-publicised, with people from WWE & TNA who had never even met Lionheart tweeting him well wishes at the time of his injury; coupled with the fact the same guy earlier was tweeting about how good Styles interview was on Jericho's podcast - where they talked about Lionheart's injury vs Styles!), but it also makes him look like a very poor promoter, if he supposedly 'doesn't know' who one of the U.K.'s top in-ring talents is; somebody who has had multiple tryout matches with both TNA & WWE, and been on the cover of Fight Spirit Magazine (small photo, issue 105).

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Its not been a good week for podcasts and PCW. Court Bauer on MLW/LAW Radio's Bauer and Pollock was speaking about it like it was a shindy (even though he works for ROH). Also Styles on Talk is Jericho wasn't a fan of Lionheart and his writings.

Its not been a good week for podcasts and PCW. Court Bauer on MLW/LAW Radio's Bauer and Pollock was speaking about it like it was a shindy (even though he works for ROH). Also Styles on Talk is Jericho wasn't a fan of Lionheart and his writings.

Lionheart wasn't a fan of what Styles said on Jericho's podcast and voiced his displeasure on Twitter. To be honest, Styles seemed to be in total denial that the Styles Clash move is in any way dangerous. He very unfairly buried Lionheart as a rookie, when Lionheart has been wrestling for 12 years and has faced the likes of Jeff Jarrett in the past on a TNA show, as well as other international stars.

PCW got excellent press in the Wrestling Observer newsletter this past week, talking about how good the Supershow 4 weekend was and putting over both Kris Travis and Mark Andrews. It is very rare indeed for a U.K. indy to get any sort of coverage in the Observer.

Both Hurricane Helms & Kyle O'Reilly also raved about PCW on Twitter following the weekend. In the past Michael Elgin, Kevin Steen and Steve Corino have also heavily praised PCW on Twitter. PCW has a very good rep amongst U.S. & international stars, and very good links with ROH, given that in this year alone, they've had the ROH TV Champion, Tomasso Ciampa, ROH Tag Champs, reDRagon, ROH commentator Steve Corino, all on PCW shows. With Michael Elgin on the August show too, in his second appearance for PCW.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

So disheartening from AJ after Lionheart went out of his way to say that Styles is a model pro and not a dangerous worker, and basically that "shit happens" and you have to deal with it. Anyone would think Styles is pissed off that Lionheart had hurt him.

Most shocking was that Styles blatantly said his belief is that Roderick Strong purposely botched the Styles Clash in January in an effort to make Styles look bad.

Not like it affected Roderick's livelihood much being off for six weeks, he did it all to make Styles look bad....

• Paid Members

Having heard the Jericho podcast, I've gone right off AJ to the point I hope he doesn't get booked again (unless its a worked angle with Lionheart) and whilst I'm hardly TNA's biggest fan I feel there is more to the story to his departure if he is that much of a dick about it where he wasn't even blamed for the accident, and to a lesser extent I hope somebody pulls Jericho up on it at his Q&A show in London which is coming soon. Still I look at some of the success British wrestlers have i.e Britani Knight/Paige, BNB and Pac/Adrian Neville and others experienced and feel UK wrestling is in good hands.

On-topic will be attending a PCW show soon, I'm only 1hr 20mins away, can't wait (can't attend the Tribute to the Troops though sadly)

Edited by Psygnosis

Most shocking was that Styles blatantly said his belief is that Roderick Strong purposely botched the Styles Clash in January in an effort to make Styles look bad.

Not like it affected Roderick's livelihood much being off for six weeks, he did it all to make Styles look bad....

I thought the point he was getting at in regards to Strong, was he purposely did it to make the move look more dangerous, not to make AJ look bad?

I may be wrong - but that's how I understood it.

More stuff announced for PCW Tribute to the Troops on June 28th:

Main event (as predicted):

10300094_855401977822166_8880927096947717955_n.jpg

Also:

983692_855293321166365_9046715914246497853_n.jpg

10427343_855294594499571_3244595262666371225_n.jpg

Hayes vs Carlito should be a really good match.

Intrigued about the debuts of Jenna & Lana! I'm aware of Lana (T-Bone's girlfriend I believe) and have enjoyed her in both Infinite Promotions & HXC. Never seen Jenna in action before.

I think a womens division is something different that PCW can add at this point. April Davids could do with a homegrown rival or two. I wonder if this will eventually lead to a PCW Womens' title?

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members
I'm aware of Lana (T-Bone's girlfriend I believe)

You believe right. My first exposure to Lana in any way was sitting next to her at a PCW hangover show and her striking up a conversation with me (which scared me, her being a girl and all that) and dropping in "What do you think of T-Bone? I'm his girlfriend."

That was the day kayfabe died for me, finding out one of Team Single isn't single. Next you'll be telling me Bubblegum doesn't support City but Everton or someone like that....

Intrigued about the debuts of Jenna & Lana! I'm aware of Lana (T-Bone's girlfriend I believe) and have enjoyed her in both Infinite Promotions & HXC. Never seen Jenna in action before.

I think a womens division is something different that PCW can add at this point. April Davids could do with a homegrown rival or two. I wonder if this will eventually lead to a PCW Womens' title?

It's only Jenna's In ring debut for PCW, she covered a show as ring announcer in around 2012. I want to say it was the first Springslam

In interviews in the past it always seemed to me AJ always blames the guy of the styles clash gets botched. He does his side of it safe it's there fault for tooking in there head. Bit of a dick attitude but he does kinda have a point.

Not heard the jericho pod cast so I'll have to give thst a listen.

• Paid Members

Line-up for the FREE outdoor show this Saturday (starts 3pm, I think), then:

PCW Heavyweight Title:

Carlito Caribbean Cool vs. Joey Hayes

PCW Tag Team Title:

Chris Masters & Dave Rayne vs. Rampage Brown & T-Bone

PCW Cruiserweight Title:

Bubblegum vs. Dean Allmark

El Ligero vs. Kris Travis

Noam Dar vs. Martin Kirby

Dave Mastiff vs. Cyanide

Plus: Mad Man Manson, Danny Hope, Lana Austin and Jenna.

That's more like the lineup you'd get on a full, proper show rather than the usual showcase festival type of thing. Looks terrific. It's also a great opportunity for them to capture some sweet-looking footage in front of a potentially massive crowd, which could have all kinds of beneficial promotional use going forward.

If Mastiff vs. Cyanide manages to capture the intensity of their awesome 2013 FutureShock bouts, I reckon that'll be the one people come away talking about.

Maybe AJ Styles should adopt a finisher that doesn't have such a high injury rate. It's not as if it even looks any good.

i can only think of 4 times ive seen it go wrong on tv/dvd

1- one of the naturals in tna

2- sjk in 1pw

3- strong in roh

4- lionheart

im sure ther must be others but of those 4 only 2 have resulted in injury