The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Very interesting promo conducted by Greg Lambert with Team Single!!!! Just posted yesterday:

Looked like the first tease of a Rampage Brown turn! The look on his face when T-Bone interrupts him at the 1:03 mark, before he could answer Greg Lambert's question.... :thumbsup:

By the way, tremendous job by Greg as the interviewer too.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

Anybody know the score with the free outdoor daytime show (with Carlito) in June: do we have to 'reserve' attendance somehow or, due to the nature of the event can you just turn up and watch? I just note they have a free ticket option in their website shop, yet they're talking about potentially a thousand+ of the general public watching.

• Paid Members
Anybody know the score with the free outdoor daytime show (with Carlito) in June: do we have to 'reserve' attendance somehow or, due to the nature of the event can you just turn up and watch? I just note they have a free ticket option in their website shop, yet they're talking about potentially a thousand+ of the general public watching.

IIRC I think there was some limited seating obtainable, but I'm not sure if there is any still going. Have you checked the FB or website page?

No idea dude, plan was to turn up to Armed Forces Day which is own sep event and go from there. Is not like the square is huge or owt. Plenty of vantage points.

Downside, is no pubs close by. Stanley, Wellies and Fishers are closest.. BYO Hip Flask :p

Check out the PCW Facebook page. They're selling the first few rows as reserved seating, similar to what they do for normal shows at Evoque, but you get a free meet & greet with Carlito & Masters & whoever else is on the card. Other than those first few rows of seating, all other vantage points are free admission I believe.

Just hope it doesn't rain! :thumbsup:

Very interesting promo conducted by Greg Lambert with Team Single!!!! Just posted yesterday:

Looked like the first tease of a Rampage Brown turn! The look on his face when T-Bone interrupts him at the 1:03 mark, before he could answer Greg Lambert's question.... :thumbsup:

Sorry to debunk your theory but Rampage doesn't talk in PCW interviews, That might be why T Bone answers for him?

Sorry to debunk your theory but Rampage doesn't talk in PCW interviews, That might be why T Bone answers for him?

A fair point, but I still think my theory is valid simply because of the look on Rampage's face. It was the first time I can recall that the PCW interviewer (be it Mark, Joanne or in this case Greg) has actually directed a question to Rampage, only for him not to get a chance to answer because T-Bone 'answered for him'.

It's a classic stage one booking tactic of one member of a heel tag team's babyface turn and has been used many times over the years - the overbearing tag team partner not letting the other partner speak. It was very subtly done here, and the end result may not be apparent for months, but this seemed like a tease to me.

It's just a theory anyway, I'm sure I wasn't the only person to notice it.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• Paid Members

With the big one just a couple of days away, I thought I'd jot down a few thoughts on what has been announced. Feel free to agree, disagree or tell me I'm talking shite.

On Show One, I'll start with Team Single

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Who's going to this then from these parts. I expect naturally to see Benny, Raid, Windoesnot, Freebird, Pat... anyone else. I'll be around in a denim shirt and chinos like a right prick. Come and say hello you gays.

• Paid Members

Me! Have splashed the cash for a front row superticket, but could also be found with Benny and co at points, I expect.

Can't wait. The weekend looks immense.

• Paid Members

I'm out. It was up in the air whether I was going anyway but I'm finding out about a job Friday evening which is likely to require me to move on Saturday. I'm half-considering seeing if I can pay on the door Saturday night. Definitely in for the June show and 3rd Anniversary.

I'll be there, first wrestling show since Royal Rumble night I believe and as Benny said the Preston Weekenders are great in and out of the ropes for us too so very much looking forward to it. Like posh bastards we're even 2nd row Friday night*

*Or Tommy!'s knees can't cope with standing for two nights :laugh: Should help avoid burnout to be fair.