Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Moderators

So here's the thing that caused so much weird "SPOILER :angry:" controversy for a few pages last month, that everyone was skirting around and wouldn't shut up about.

I couldn't edit it because removing it would confirm it as true, and I couldn't PM Sweet Billy D about it, because that would have ruined the show for him on what I'm assuming was a lucky/unlucky guess.

I have been so scared to search this, due to spoilers being rammed into my eyes, but when the fuck has The Mountain featured in the first few series, I just can't recall him.

If The Mountain is called, would Tyrion go for a punt at Oberyn being his Champion?

I'm going for Oberyn vs. The Mountain, and the big man going down to the poisoned sword gimmick.

I can't remember if I asked this in here before, but has the pronunciation of Arya Stark's name been inconsistent from the start? I always thought everyone pronounced it like Ari-ya, but I've noticed this season some (most) characters have been saying Ah-ya.

• Paid Members
So here's the thing that caused so much weird "SPOILER :angry:" controversy for a few pages last month, that everyone was skirting around and wouldn't shut up about.

I couldn't edit it because removing it would confirm it as true, and I couldn't PM Sweet Billy D about it, because that would have ruined the show for him on what I'm assuming was a lucky/unlucky guess.

I have been so scared to search this, due to spoilers being rammed into my eyes, but when the fuck has The Mountain featured in the first few series, I just can't recall him.

If The Mountain is called, would Tyrion go for a punt at Oberyn being his Champion?

I'm going for Oberyn vs. The Mountain, and the big man going down to the poisoned sword gimmick.

Right... if you can spoiler through what seems really obvious if you boil it down to what we know

I didn't think that episode was that great, by the very high standards of this series. Just too much going on in there, and not helped at all by the fucking stupid Bran Stark storyline. Aside from getting pushed out of the window by Jaime, the series would be a lot better without Bran, for my money.

• Paid Members
What a punch-up!

That was terrific, definitely the best fist fight the show has ever had. Brutal as fuck. And then The Hound in his scene with Arya...fuck. I was actually welling up. He put in a shift there.

I can't remember if I asked this in here before, but has the pronunciation of Arya Stark's name been inconsistent from the start? I always thought everyone pronounced it like Ari-ya, but I've noticed this season some (most) characters have been saying Ah-ya.

I've always been confused by this, but for what it's worth Cat Stark has always pronounced it Ah-ya.

I thought the spoiler thing might be what RoFu said, but I knew he must've been guessing as he isn't a dick like that. Whoever cried 'SPOILER' made the dickish move.

What the fuck are we going to do until April?? That series is going to be very, very hard to beat.

• Paid Members

Didn't she change the pronunciation of her name to avoid being caught?

Fucking brilliant episode that, loved that it really was Stark/Lannister centric, in places it's veered off from the main crux of those two families, but here seemed a tie in to Season 1 ish. Gonna start them again tomorrow, and to be able to compare how the two main families have evolved from watching the Starks line up at Winterfell as Robert strides in all bold as brass will be quite funny.

I personally like the Bran story as an aside, and the creepiness of The Children had me hooked.

Can Danny fuck off soon? Eugh she's shite, comparing her to the lass that stepped out the fire with Dragons to the whingey dullard bitch she is now is depressing!

• Paid Members

Fucking hate the Bran Stark storyline.

Stannis and Davos coming out of the woods was brilliant, I'd completely forgotten about him. Brilliant scrap between Brienne and The Hound, actually gasped when he went over the edge thinking it was a cliff, then we get the afterwards scene with Arya not giving him his mercy death.

Poor Tywin, dying in the privy. Going to miss the weekly 'Tywin has meetings with...' Scenes.

What a magnificent series.

Does anyone watch Thronecast afterwards? Them two cunts that run that website have given away so many vague spoilers on tonight's episode. I haven't read the books so have no idea what's going to happen, but, they have blatantly given away quite a few key things that's going to happen.

• Paid Members
I've always been confused by this, but for what it's worth Cat Stark has always pronounced it Ah-ya.

In series 1, Sansa both pronounced it that and also at least once, in a very pronounced "Aria" way. Possibly in the same episode.

Didn't she change the pronunciation of her name to avoid being caught?

Yoren told her she was Arry the orphan boy, and even after they found out who she really was, Hot Pie called her Arry right up until they parted ways.

Cracking final episode. The punches kept coming in the same vein as the end of the second series.

By the way, if any of you have problems with "book-knobs" telling you how much better X, Y or Z was in the book, gleefully tell them that the Brienne/Hound fight wasn't in the book and that you know that the events leading to Arya leaving The Hound at death's door were a million times shitter in comparison. Watch their joy turn to ashes in their mouth (or something) and walk away, knowing they'll never take the "the books are better" stance in your presence again.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
By the way, if any of you have problems with "book-knobs" telling you how much better X, Y or Z was in the book, gleefully tell them that the Brienne/Hound fight wasn't in the book and that you know that the events leading to Arya leaving The Hound at death's door were a million times shitter in comparison. Watch they joy turn to ashes in their mouth (or something) and walk away, knowing they'll never take the "the books are better" stance in your presence again.

Ha ... wonderful!

Was anybody else waiting for The Hound and Brienne to start kissing in the middle of their fight? It was everything I hoped it would be, the episode as a whole was. The weird army of the dead bit seemed a bit out of place though. Oh and the way that saucy French fire woman looked at Jon, she knows he's the hero of the piece as well. If George R.R Martin has written himself in to a character it's bound to be the whiney sexless loner. Tyrion lives! I liked his turn as Chucky as well, that shit changes a brother.

• Moderators

The poison sword stuff rubbed me the wrong way. Just doesn't fit with the way that ol' OB was carrying on during their fight.

I knew the ending of this episode already, basically a forum I go on changed their forum title to what happens to Tywin, and the followed up by all the stupid cunts posting "HAPPY FATHERS DAY 2 TYWIN PMSL WOT A WAY 2 GO LMAO" literally 2 minutes after the episode finished.

Best scene was definitely the hound/brienne/arya by far.

• Paid Members
Was anybody else waiting for The Hound and Brienne to start kissing in the middle of their fight?

Not just you. I really thought it was on the cards when she straddled him. Would have been Westeros's true power couple.

Tywin and The Hound will be sorely missed.