Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

http://2.8hourslater.com/

It's one of these events where people mince across a city centre trying to avoid actors dressed as zombies who are out to tag them with invisible paint, or some such thing. Though how they're going to do it anywhere near Newcastle city centre on a Friday night in June without having being overrun by pissed head-the-balls is anyone's guess.

They've run a lot of 2.8 hours later games here in Bristol. Not been on one myself but everyone I know who's done it has greatly enjoyed it and several have got to the point where they'll always get tickets for a new one. Sounds like it's well done, fairly varied and generally a good night out.

And regarding the Cancer selfie stuff. Most everyone on my feed has accompanied it with links to information (symptoms etc), information on how to donate and given the impression they've also donated when they put the selfie up. Ok, it's certainly a bit "look at me" but they're also definitely not simply putting up a photo and leaving it at that. Obviously as with any of these sort of things different people turn it into different things..

I was already aware of the existence of cancer.

Yes, but would you have been on here berating someone for not adding a donation link on a picture they uploaded? If this was just a normal Thursday and a friend of yours uploaded a picture of them from 20 years ago, would it have bothered you?

Cancer Research has just said they have received close to a million unexpected text donations since yesterday. Donations at local shops have also seen a rise. This is great news.

Edited by MoKonjic

• Paid Members

"Hun" is a slur up here. It means somebody is a hardcore member of the Protestant religion and a staunch supporter of Glasgow Rangers Football Club.

"Fenian" is a slur up here. It means somebody is a hardcore member of the Catholic religion and a staunch supporter of Celtic Football Club.

That's your Scottish football lesson for today.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

It would appear my home town has a "real life superhero".

https://www.facebook.com/boomer.manrang.1

Check out this tale of heroism in his own words.

Anyone notice the chavs are starting to come out of hibernation?

Had to do a drive by shout at a load of them ''go get a job you scumbags'' to which they replied with a load of jargon. So I had to drive round again and say "go fuck youselfs And get a job, your all scum, especially you ( pointed at one) your one ugly bastard" ......hopefully my message will sink in.

• Paid Members

Thats awesome! what a fucking fool.

I will be adding him to facebook so i can watch and wait for him to get beaten up

EDIT.

I looked at his mates..........there are loads of these kickass wannabes!

Edited by quote the raven

Now I've just seen a "selfie" of some people's feet for "Downs Syndrome Awareness".

Should we chaps start selfie-ing pictures of our testicles for awareness of Testicular Cancer?

• Paid Members
Now I've just seen a "selfie" of some people's feet for "Downs Syndrome Awareness".

Should we chaps start selfie-ing pictures of our testicles for awareness of Testicular Cancer?

It's already being done with "Sock on a cock"

• Paid Members

Thats awesome! what a fucking fool.

I will be adding him to facebook so i can watch and wait for him to get beaten up

EDIT.

I looked at his mates..........there are loads of these kickass wannabes!

For all his talk, he missed a lad getting his head jumped on in the town centre in the early hours of Saturday morning because he was busy "liberating" supermarket trollies at the time.

I think it's more like the Police will get him before some master criminal's hoods do.

• Paid Members

I did this the other day to a friend. The pic was deleted within seconds :(

Something's are always funny. Farts, people getting out of cars to drop something off then getting in to the wrong car, kids falling off bikes and manginas. They were funny in P.E, Silence of the Lambs and every time I get out of the shower.