Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I'm making a quick getway off this mortal coil if Watford is ever declared officially part of London

Inside the M25 and has a tube station. That's London as far as I'm concerned ;)

Well, I certainly don't consider Watford as part of Herts. Same with Rickmansworth.

• Paid Members

That's a great explanation, however surely the word Labour could mean more that one thing, not just the political party. Lib dems and SNP, then yes I fully get your point. Maybe I've misinterpreted what you're actually pointing out.

When you put "labour are" over "labour is" then it's unambiguous.

Not sure if it matters, but I used Google.com rather than co.uk. I noticed you used the latter.

Google determined that on my behalf. I mentioned earlier about Google using your location as an override.

Ahh I see, yeah I think I misunderstood you initially, cheers for clearing that up.

• Paid Members

We have two joints called Zapatista up here. It’s like Subway if they did burritos.

It's just around the corner from subway too (Newc). I actually think it's decent for what it is, not cheap but around the same price as a foot long. I've fallen in to the habit of popping in if I get a early finish at work.

If you/anyone is in Newcastle and fancy a massive sarnie, there's a cracking place just behind the train station (near the royal mail dept) called chilli peppers. They make a lot of signature sarnies, one in particular called the dagwood.

Fuck me, awesome. Far too many lunch time orders from my office, especially when bread isn't keen on your gut.

http://www.chillipeppersandwiches.com/

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Two things I've learned here are Watfords not in London (Walford is though right?) and we have Taco fucking Bells on these shores?

Watford's in Hertfordshire. Walford doesn't exist in real life, but in the Eastenders Universe© it's in east London, yes.

It's an odd thing, Taco Bell. I remember my parents taking me to the one near the London Planetarium in the 80s, but apparently the franchise did really badly and they had to withdraw from the UK for some time. I'm guessing the market for Mexican food in the UK just wasn't there - it certainly is now, with Chipotle and Wahaca getting so popular.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Nottingham has or had a taco bell.

I was shocked to see it and would love to give it a try.

And a Hooters! Nottingham has it all. Does it still have the gun crime?

All you could eat wing night at Hooters was amazing.

Great pubs there too, just a fantastic pub run and some fantastic breweries around there too.

I don't know about gun crime but it does have the "cat cafe" now, which is such an awful and soul destroying idea it makes me want to buy a gun.

• Paid Members

Cat cafes everywhere these days, certainly I've seen them in Edinburgh and Newcastle (I believe the latter is called Mog On The Tyne). I expect that within a couple of years they'll go the way of all those fish places where they eat the skin off your feet.

There's two in Newcastle: Mog on the Tyne and then there's the brilliantly-named Catpawcino on the Quayside. Went in the latter just after it opened but didn't reckon much to it. The cats weren't that sociable, but I put that down to a change in circumstances (sudden influx of strangers coming in and out). Nice surprise was that the drink was included in the cover charge for the hour too.

A bloke I lived with at uni dropped out in his final semester to open a cat café with his new girlfriend. He got in the paper going on as if he invented the concept, only for some hipster clichés to go mental saying they had "thought of it first". They went to war via one of those crowdfunding sites.

Think they made about £800 between them, the local media laughed, I had to try with all my might not to myself. Both housemate and hipster cliché promised they were going to try again, which was laughable really.

Shocked they're still a thing.

A bloke I lived with at uni dropped out in his final semester to open a cat café with his new girlfriend. He got in the paper going on as if he invented the concept, only for some hipster clichés to go mental saying they had "thought of it first". They went to war via one of those crowdfunding sites.

Think they made about £800 between them, the local media laughed, I had to try with all my might not to myself. Both housemate and hipster cliché promised they were going to try again, which was laughable really.

Shocked they're still a thing.

:laugh:

Never head of cat cafes until this thread but this is great.

• Awards Moderator

I'm guessing the market for Mexican food in the UK just wasn't there - it certainly is now, with Chipotle and Wahaca getting so popular.

Both very London centric chains. I'm all about Poncho 8 at the moment.