Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

I made a massive error of judgement this week and started a post let's have a political debate. It started well enough. Then a guy who is so right winged he makes Nigel Farage seem like Arthur Skargil popped up. As a consequence he has reported a friend of mine who is a Green party candidate to the greens. And worse when someone called his son (just as bad as him) a cunt he reported him to his place of work. A centre for disabled kids. So my own status caused so much shit that I want to delete myself :(

• Paid Members

fb-anti-labour_zpsyhntmxxo.jpg

From a guy that used to work for the same company as me. Last year he bought a £2,000,000 house and has his'n'hers matching Ferraris with custom interiors. I'm not suggesting he meets the stereotype that those voting for the Tories are the ones with plenty money, but, y'know.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not Facebook but Twitter. Check out the vast majority of responses to this tweet. Fucking horrendous people. I haven't really checked, but I can say with some certainty that the most hateful people have something along the lines of "Proud Englishmen, Leave voter, hate political correctness" in their Twitter bio and probably retweet Paul Joseph Watson on the reg. 

Found myself really bothered by a friend's wife's post the other day. "Back in the UK x date to x date. Let me know if your free for an adult catch up or baby play date". 

Apart from the grammar error, being the kind of person she is it felt super fucking forced that as if to say "I am a mother now, pay attention to my life". I know lots of people have to lead lives like that because of money and child care options and tgey don't go broadcasting their life wants and statuses like that but this came from a woman who has two sets of grandparents who would pretty much take the kids for a year of they could and is also extremely well off. 

I know I'm definitely a grumpy bastard who doesn't like change but I can't stand people pushing something like that to announce themselves and new life status

• Paid Members
On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Not Facebook but Twitter. Check out the vast majority of responses to this tweet. Fucking horrendous people. I haven't really checked, but I can say with some certainty that the most hateful people have something along the lines of "Proud Englishmen, Leave voter, hate political correctness" in their Twitter bio and probably retweet Paul Joseph Watson on the reg. 

I discovered the Bin the Labour Party Facebook page last week. It's every horrendous xenophobic stereotype shown to actually exist.

One of my work colleagues shared a Sky News story about the Grenfell victims being rehoused in Luxury Appartments and commented that that there were better ways to spend his tax money. His attitude has always been "f*ck the poor". He told me himself so I probably shouldn't be surprised. Blatant bellend behaviour from what I can see though.

• Paid Members

What's the nicest way to tell a family member to stop sharing every "please share" Facebook post they come across?

Like, every post they've shared I've googled and found in a couple of seconds to be a hoax. The latest being not to accept calls from an 020 7946 number or you'll instantly be charged £340.

Who starts this shit and for what gain? They always seem to be started by some random person, so it's not like it's a Page doing it for the shares/likes count any more.