Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Disagree with your statement that 'if they gave a shit they wouldn't eat meat at all' though, Keith.

Again, with the caveat that I'm a filthy veggie, I do see that point, though. If someone objects in principle to Halal slaughterhouses on animal cruelty grounds, it implies a knowledge of how non-Halal slaughterhouses operate and implies that the individual is perfectly happy with how they operate. I suspect this isn't true of many people complaining about Halal.

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Again anecdotal, maybe I need new friends, but I notice those ban the burqa types say so on the grounds of female oppression, then also post those "A gentleman looks after his lady" type gubbins.

Indeed. There are, of course, problems with the treatment of women in some areas of Islamic culture, but you can tell there's a lot of people who use it a stick to simultaneously beat Islam and Western feminism with; they can accuse Muslims of hating women while also accusing feminists and "leftists", of those going on Women's Marches and the likes, of being hypocrites or whatever for not specifically fighting against sexism in Islamic culture. It's a lazy argument, but one that makes just enough sense to make them sound like they have a point.

Someone on a local politics Facebook group made that argument against me once - the whole "if you're marching for women's rights, why aren't you protesting the treatment of women in Saudi Arabia", the usual shit - to which I asked, childishly, "well what are you doing about women's rights in Saudia Arabia?".

44 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Today I keep seeing people clicking a link to some free Adidas Trainers

Like this post for a chance to win one of these 3 new BMW's we are giving away free.

The amount of friends i see doing this triggers me. How can someone be so guliable?

7 minutes ago, W35ty said:

Like this post for a chance to win one of these 3 new BMW's we are giving away free.

The amount of friends i see doing this triggers me. How can someone be so guliable?

Its absolute madness, its a pretty common occurrence too among my Facebook friends.

I am still awaiting the day I see one of my Facebook friends put a post up posing with the free item they won for clicking a link or liking a post.

Edited by thevestofdeanambrose

Chest, I was meaning when these people seem so concerned with the way an animal is treated, they don't when they go on about their roast dinner, as that meat was obviously blowjobbed to death.  Nor does halal meat bother them when they have their post pub food.  I was (badly) using their binary logic to make a point.

Bomber, yep I get that too.  Some people think you can only complain about one issue at a time.  How do they know I'm doing nothing about Saudi Arabia?  As a member of Amnesty, I find most campaigns are centred on Saudi Arabia, but I'm just a do gooder.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Some people think you can only complain about one issue at a time. 

That might be my pet hate when it comes to internet discourse. "Why are you complaining about X when Y is happening?" - because, miraculously, I'm capable of holding multiple opinions at one time.

11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

How do they know I'm doing nothing about Saudi Arabia?  As a member of Amnesty, I find most campaigns are centred on Saudi Arabia, but I'm just a do gooder.

This one's always amusing too. When people were protesting/marching after Trump was elected, or for his proposed state visit, I saw a lot of, "nobody marched when we gave state visits to China/the Saudis/insert despotic regime here" comments, to which I amused myself by pointing out that, actually, they did.

I bet there's currently someone on another forum posting about some right nobhead making VE Day rants about how the Soviets have been relegated to a bit part of the war and the subsequent betrayal from the rest of the allies.. :blush:

Edited by Merzbow
speeling

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

This one's always amusing too. When people were protesting/marching after Trump was elected, or for his proposed state visit, I saw a lot of, "nobody marched when we gave state visits to China/the Saudis/insert despotic regime here" comments, to which I amused myself by pointing out that, actually, they did.

Yeah, this one is a particular bugbear. It's beyond the realms of human capacity to be active against every bad thing that happens. Many of the people making that point likely didn't do anything for any issue worth doing something about, which is significantly worse than doing something for some of them. 

• Paid Members

Exactly. But it's a peculiar right wing trait to be more concerned with "winning" an argument (even if nobody else was actually having said argument) and accusing the left wing or "progressives" of being hypocrites than with having any real ideology of their own.

Particularly the alt-right types, they're utterly defined by what they oppose, they don't stand for anything.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Exactly. But it's a peculiar right wing trait to be more concerned with "winning" an argument (even if nobody else was actually having said argument) and accusing the left wing or "progressives" of being hypocrites than with having any real ideology of their own.

I'm not sure if you're saying it's a weird trait (which it is) or if it's peculiar to the right wing, which it definitely isn't. I've seen many left wings/liberals/progressives/delete as appropriate that do exactly the same thing. I think it's to do with the culture of defining the other side as the enemy, rather than the opposition. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ladiesman345 said:

It would be the biggest compliment in the world if somebody wanted a mould of my cock. 

If anyone wants it, they're welcome to the mould off my cock.