Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
When people make a post along the lines of "Omg stop child abuse, it's disgusting", then share a photo of a battered child...

Sometimes they post *that* picture of a baby doing a massive "bong" with its mother. Fed up of seeing that too.

• Awards Moderator

Fake offers and promotions, that's another one that annoys me. Not so much the things themselves as the gullible types who think they're genuine.

This one's just turned up on my feed via someone who's shared it from 'Apple New Promotions'

We have got 239 boxes of iPhone's 5 that can

Sadly, I could see myself falling for something like that. Just because it's not obvious what the scammers would get out of it. However, a quick Google search reveals plenty of pages offering exactly the same thing, and also this possible explanation (similar to the "name a drink that doesn't have an 'e' in it", posted earlier)

"From our research, we have found that the most likely reason such fake promotions are created is to simply build up a Facebook page with massive amounts of likes. These pages are then sold, renamed, and all traces of their fake promotions are deleted." http://wafflesatnoon.com/2013/03/08/alert-...comment-page-1/

• Paid Members

Right, so today is St George's Day it seems. You can tell that by the fact that Facebook today is brimming with needless casual racism . Any good'uns so far? My brothers (although not exactly racist) brain-dead status:

"happy st georges day...ooppppss am i allowed to say that..."

Yes, yes you fucking are you pillock.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
The posts about it on mine have just been along the lines of, "Why aren't more people celebrating it?"

Yeah quite a lot of those too, which I wholeheartedly agree with. The opening ceremony of the Olympics was a reminder of just how much we have to be proud of, but don't do enough to celebrate that. Then again, how would we celebrate it? Street party? Everybody hates everyone these days.

I find it pretty annoying that nationalists and racists have taken up what's clearly a symbol of multiculturalism to go on their rants about how you're not allowed to be English or whatever. Partly because I don't see why they don't take up Shakespeare instead. It's his birthday, he was actually English and people know what he did beyond a story about him slaying a dragon.