DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Isn't he a big speak for the whole "anti-vaccine" thing in the states? I'm sure that doesn't really help his image. i know the kick ass stuff was because around time of its release, there was a big shooting somewhere, and he'd reassessed his thoughts on movies possibly promoting the fact guns are cool or something. 

• Moderators

He is anti-vaccine, which makes him a complete cunt in my book, but I don't think that will harm his chances of getting a part in a movie. Hollywood types are into all sorts of stupid shit. And being anti vaccine didn't stop Rob Schneider from getting a fucking terrible show on Netflix.

Although Rob Schneider and his show are so mind-bendingly atrocious I can only imagine his deal was a condition of the Adam Sandler deal..?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

it has to be, thats the only reason he works these days isnt it.

Also, on a related note, how was Rob Schneider in like every movie going in the 90's? It looked like he was about to be this big break out movie star.....and now he's known as "Adam Sandlers mate" .

• 2 weeks later...

It's alright. Arnie by the numbers really. James Caan is alright as a backstabbing bastard and the rail guns are pretty cool for the time. One of those films I can put on for background whilst playing Footie Manager.

Edited by stevieg1980

I actually thought Eraser was decent. But I thought that End of Days was a chore to sit through.

Loved Eraser and End of Days! Eraser came out when I wasn't old enough to watch it, plus it had that (at the time) nuts xray rail gun thing, it was very cool hah.

Watched Commando for the first time in ages last night. A big reminder of why I love Arnie so much!

Commando is one of my all time favourites. I'm sure I've mentioned it before but we've watched Commando and played the accompanying drinking game every year on my birthday for the last 5 years. One of the rules is to drink a shot every time someone gets killed and another is to drink a shot every time cheesy 80's music plays. We're all normally battered by the time Chenny (drink a shot every time he says her name) gets kidnapped.

I've had the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection sitting here since about December. Can anybody give me some guidance on what would be the best films to start with?

Rear Window, Vertigo and Psycho are three of the best pieces ever committed to film so any of those would be the obvious answer. Having just looked at the (bluray) listing, there's a few I've not seen, but Rope is really good

Edited by WyattSheepMask