DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I loved Monsters too. What's weird is that that film is really smart and the two main characters are interesting and you care about their story and the monster scenes are done to really great effect...which is the complete opposite of this movie.

I can't really say which is better because obviously they both suck but I will say that at least the Broderick one attempted to inject some levity and fun into it so it's not just total dreary gloom and doom. This one made no such attempt.

• Paid Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was left bemused by all the positive reviews. LaGoosh sums it up well, in that it's a ratio of 2 hours of dross / 10 minutes of fun. I thought the trashed RoboCop remake was a more even and consistently fun film - although, nothing is as fun in the RoboCop film as the Godzilla finale.

I watched Saving Mr Banks recently. What a pile of shite. I don't know what I was expecting to be honest, it's my own fault. Stay well clear.

I seen it at the cinema. If you disliked that avoid Hotel Grand Bucharest and the Walter Mitty movies like the plague. Brutal, SMB is good in comparison.

They had a low budget horror section in my local Head, so I bought The House By The Cemetery, The Beyond and The Deadly Spawn. Obviously i'm not expecting cinematic masterpieces here but are any of these any good? I've read mixed reviews on all to be honest

The Beyond has gone from one of my favourite bad movies, to one of my favourite films in general. Fulci is probably one of those filmmakers that was sure his films were oscar worthy, instead they are full of ridiculous effects and plots with massive holes in them.

The Beyond has some really great moments, and the score is brilliant, and as long as you dont take it too seriously its great.

House by the cemetery is the third part of a trilogy with the Beyond and City of the Living Dead, if you like silly italian gore movies, the whole trilogy is worth a watch.

• Paid Members
They had a low budget horror section in my local Head, so I bought The House By The Cemetery, The Beyond and The Deadly Spawn. Obviously i'm not expecting cinematic masterpieces here but are any of these any good? I've read mixed reviews on all to be honest

The Beyond has gone from one of my favourite bad movies, to one of my favourite films in general. Fulci is probably one of those filmmakers that was sure his films were oscar worthy, instead they are full of ridiculous effects and plots with massive holes in them.

The Beyond has some really great moments, and the score is brilliant, and as long as you dont take it too seriously its great.

House by the cemetery is the third part of a trilogy with the Beyond and City of the Living Dead, if you like silly italian gore movies, the whole trilogy is worth a watch.

Bad films? House by the Cemetery, maybe, but The Beyond is absolutely magic.

As is the Deadly Spawn - there is nothing bad whatsoever about that movie.

Bad films? House by the Cemetery, maybe, but The Beyond is absolutely magic.

As is the Deadly Spawn - there is nothing bad whatsoever about that movie.

The Beyond has lots of moments that at first had me laughing at their silliness, but now I absolutely love it. Fulci has plenty of odd moments (the ending of City of the living dead etc) but I am a big fan of him. New York Ripper is another one I love by him.

I haven't seen Deadly Spawn, I havnt been able to continue my obsession with anything arrow releases recently, Havnt picked anything up since Maniac Cop and the Troma releases.

• Paid Members

I remember watching an uncut version of the "New York Ripper". Quite brutal actually. It's got some guy in it who was in "Allo Allo" too, which makes it even more weird.

My new fave Youtube channel. Tons of "B-Movie" trash on there, as well as a few "Rambo" Italian ripoffs.

B-Movie Action Films!

"The Vindicator" is a decent one. Made in 1986, the film "Robocop" obviously ripped off some bits from it.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
I remember watching an uncut version of the "New York Ripper". Quite brutal actually. It's got some guy in it who was in "Allo Allo" too, which makes it even more weird.

My new fave Youtube channel. Tons of "B-Movie" trash on there, as well as a few "Rambo" Italian ripoffs.

B-Movie Action Films!

"The Vindicator" is a decent one. Made in 1986, the film "Robocop" obviously ripped off some bits from it.

You're fast becoming my favourite on here young man. Magnificent stuff, i'd forgotten all about Stranglehold and it's rather young, suave looking Bennett.

• Paid Members
(the ending of City of the living dead etc)

Yeah, that one is a real head-scratcher. Obviously, he had no idea how to end the movie, and I'm not sure if it works or not. That film fucks me up

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

When Antonella Interlenghi throws up her insides, I was both nauseated and mystified.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

This link to the above spoiler, btw, is disgusting.

• Paid Members

B-Movie Action Films!

I remember when Vindicator came out. It was called Frankenstien 88 over here, and was really good at the time.