DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Lethal Weapon : "Now that's a real badge, I'm a real cop and this is a real firing gun..." and "All dressed up and nowhere to go..."

Aliens : "We're in some real pretty pants now, man" and "You don't see them frigging each other for a ***pause*** percentage"

Die Hard : "Yippie ki-ay, Kemosabe"

Beverly Hills Cop 2 : "Follow your nose" and poor Inspector Todd pretty much had a dub for every word of dialogue he spat out.

• Paid Members

Lethal Weapon : "Now that's a real badge, I'm a real cop and this is a real firing gun..." and "All dressed up and nowhere to go..."

Aliens : "We're in some real pretty pants now, man" and "You don't see them frigging each other for a ***pause*** percentage"

Die Hard : "Yippie ki-ay, Kemosabe"

Beverly Hills Cop 2 : "Follow your nose" and poor Inspector Todd pretty much had a dub for every word of dialogue he spat out.

https://youtu.be/DuQP4d_r_Gs?t=86 

If it doesn't work 1:26 of the above video is wonderful

Scarface was a good edit. Something like "How did you get the scar?" "Eating your mothers pineapple" or words to that effect.

EDIT. Ha! Good arrows, Bacon!

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I had to toss out some of my VHS or Mumzie would have slit my throat. I tossed out the small boxed ones and kept all the rental boxed ones. If you're in Glasgow, there's a few stalls in the Barras that still sell VHS. Normally the big boxed ones. I got a few old Cannon Films like "Castaway" (Oliver Reed, which is a great fucking film by the way. Reed was totally off the "sauce" for that film (he was stuck on an island) and it showed. Excellent film.) and "Lady Chattterleys Lover" (Sylvia Kristel) even though I had them on DVD. Guess how much he sold them to me? 20p Unbelievable. 10p a tape. Big boxed ones too.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Cool collection of VHS. Storing is an issue because mold can develop in them and make VHS unplayable. I think if they aren't too bad and just had a few white specks in you can fast forward and rewind them in a VCR and it's removes it. I'd advise not to play a tape which has got a ton of mold in it as it'll snap in the VCR and damage the heads. If possible you should try and convert the rarer films into DVD or mp4. I still have quite a lot of VHS (wrestling, music, boxing, action movies etc). I've got Krush Groove on VHS, also Thunder in Paradise (the two episode pilot)and some other rarer ones too ex rental big box. If i find the rarer ones i will post a pic. The Mirror did an article saying some VHS are worth a lot

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/old-vhs-tapes-now-worth-7657114

I also like the VHS cover art as some of it is better than the actual movie itself.

• Paid Members

My uncle owned the big bouncy covered, pre-cert (I think) "Beast in Heat" and tossed it. £1200 down the drain. :(

Some good VHS collector documentaries out there. "Adjust Your Tracking" is a good one. Obviously those two "Video Nasty" documentaries are good too. I preferred the first one due to the fact the second one was filled with films I've literally never heard of and look boring as shit, yet still on the wavy line of getting banned.

Edited by bAzTNM#1