DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Empire gave it 4 stars. Which amazed me because they usually give the big 5 to a film they've been hyping so much (such as Dark Knight Rises). And also because they gave Attack of the Clones a 5 star review when that was released.

Is Empire some sort of parody magazine? Fucking hell fire Dark Knight Rises AND Attack of the Clones getting five stars is some fuuny shit.

Does it really surprise you that Dark Knight Rises got 5 stars?  Even if you didn't like it, it's a critically acclaimed ending to a critically acclaimed trilogy.

• Paid Members

Empire gave it 4 stars. Which amazed me because they usually give the big 5 to a film they've been hyping so much (such as Dark Knight Rises). And also because they gave Attack of the Clones a 5 star review when that was released.

Is Empire some sort of parody magazine? Fucking hell fire Dark Knight Rises AND Attack of the Clones getting five stars is some fuuny shit.

Does it really surprise you that Dark Knight Rises got 5 stars?  Even if you didn't like it, it's a critically acclaimed ending to a critically acclaimed trilogy.

that's mainly though because people jerk off to Nolan. After The Prestige his films have been poor, terrible soundtracks too unless you like Hans Zimmer on 11. TDK had a good Joker in Ledger. TDKR even made Tom Hardy look (well, sound) shit. 

Good quality screeners of the Hateful Eight, Creed and The Revenant have hit the download sites already. I love Oscars season!

Yeah apparently there's a batch of 40 DVD screeners that are set to be uploaded onto torrent sites. They seem to be uploading a couple each day.  The latest ones are Legend and In the Heart of the Sea.

that's mainly though because people jerk off to Nolan. After The Prestige his films have been poor, terrible soundtracks too unless you like Hans Zimmer on 11. TDK had a good Joker in Ledger. TDKR even made Tom Hardy look (well, sound) shit. 

Come on, really?  Maybe people just like his films.  I'm not his biggest fan, but I really liked TDKR, so it's not at all surprising to me that a lot of other people liked it.  

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's some fictitious circle-jerk going on. 

• Paid Members

Come on, really?  Maybe people just like his films.  I'm not his biggest fan, but I really liked TDKR, so it's not at all surprising to me that a lot of other people liked it.  

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's some fictitious circle-jerk going on. 

Of course people like his films. A lot of people like things because they find them enjoyable. Other people like things because a review has said its good, or a friend. Sheep if you will. Just because something is really popular doesn't make it good. Except Episode 7 of course.

Memento was a cracking film, i enjoyed Insomnia, (though the original is better) Batman Begins and The Prestige. Didn't rate TDK or TDKR and Inception, whilst some excellent effects, when you break down the story is just a load of guff. 

• Paid Members

You should be put in prison for really liking TDKR.

I'm glad there's a bit of a backlash against Chris Nolan, he was never that great and the adulation he used to get was embarrassing. The only thing I can praise him for is he opened two huge movies with loads of hype that weren't sequels, reboots or adaptatons of anything, that's pretty hard to do these days.

• Paid Members

I said this before; on first viewing I found Interstellar awful and now its among my top five movies. It really is a fucking gorgeous movie...

Watched Creed. I thought it was shit. Maybe coz I have that gastric flu pox and can't train and am looking like a crackhead coz of it, so it could be bitterness...

The only Nolan films I've seen are the Batman films, The Prestige and Inception.  I liked the Batman films and The Prestige, but Inception was rubbish.  I've not had much ambition to watch his others.  You're not wrong by saying just because his films are popular doesn't make them good, but it backs up my original point that enough people like TDKR that it can't be much of a surprise that Empire gave it 5 stars.  The sheep thing can be applied to any director too - not too sure why it has any more relevance with Nolan than it does anybody else.

You should be put in prison for really liking TDKR.

Don't you like to be peed on?