DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Secondly, does anyone know where i could watch Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films? I'm desperate to see it but cant find it to buy anywhere.

Cheers.

I'd like to watch this too, just on the strength of that name.

My favourite thing about it is this quote from a reviewer on IMDB...

A footnote tells us that Golan and Globus were approached for this documentary but they declined to be interviewed. And then, in typical Cannon style, they went ahead and produced their own quick documentary on their production company's history and released it three months before Hartley finished his film.

Secondly, does anyone know where i could watch Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films? I'm desperate to see it but cant find it to buy anywhere.

Cheers.

I'd like to watch this too, just on the strength of that name.

My favourite thing about it is this quote from a reviewer on IMDB...

A footnote tells us that Golan and Globus were approached for this documentary but they declined to be interviewed. And then, in typical Cannon style, they went ahead and produced their own quick documentary on their production company's history and released it three months before Hartley finished his film.

It's probably on Putlocker.

Interstellar. It's like Christopher Nolan was watching Gravity and thought "I bet I could make this an hour longer and 100x more pretentious." If it was so clever it wouldn't need to explain itself so much.

I know this is the place to come to slag Nolan off but I took no issue with any of his other films bar the last Batman but whoever said he makes clever films for stupid people was spot on. He also managed to ruin Anne Hathaway a little bit as well.

• Paid Members

Yes to both Chest and Chokey.

It's just...like a crass, obnoxious, soulless Teen Agent and it takes itself a lot more seriously than you'd think.

(For the record, I liked - and still do - said Grieco vehicle. Even though he did look 42)

Sammy Jackson is terrible in it. Just think Bobby Boucher trying to be Mike Tyson. Crazy stuff.

It could have been fun for the aged among us, like me, but I think it's mainly aimed at 13-18 year olds and that's a shame, coz it had a fair bit of potential.

• Paid Members

I was quite interested in seeing Kingsman when they released the short trailer a while ago, but, since then, they have released a trailer which is about 5 minutes long and seems to show quite alot of the plot, I am no longer bothered about seeing it.

Watched Foxcatcher last night. I think it's still on actually.

It's a good job the story was interesting because I've never watched a slower fucking film. I don't mind if a film is slow if there's enough going on, but there were so many scenes that were unnecessarily over extended. I wanted to scream 'do something' so many times.

It was an OK film but I don't see why people have been raving about it.

• Paid Members

Had to see Kingsman again. Brought my wee lad and his mate to see it as he’s been itching to go and he’s 13 so wouldn’t have got in on his own.

I’m not recanting and I still wouldn’t say it was great, but I did enjoy it a wee bit more second time around. I just enjoyed my Odeon Nachos and Cheese Sauce, Mark Strong and Colin Firth this time around, as opposed to be being bitter that I couldn’t relate to the lead anymore.

I watched The Matrix last night. A fucking incredible movie and even though it’s been parodied and lampooned to ribbons, it’s lost none of its appeal and bar the mobile phones, really hasn’t aged all that much.

I absolutely love Carrie Anne Moss’ upper lip and chin.

Watched the documentary Filmed in Supermarionation the other night. Really well done documentary looking at the history of Gerry Anderson's production company, the shows they produced and the problems they faced putting the shows together. I didn't realise before watching it that Thunderbirds was cancelled by ITV rather than ended naturally and that both films were massive, massive flops in cinemas. I picked up the DVD version in HMV for £16 but Amazon have a Blu ray double pack of the documentary and a disc of select episodes of some of the shows including the Stingray pilot for just under £22

• 3 weeks later...