RAW is... (spoilers)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The Miz is the worst thing in wrestling, for me. He became semi-tolerable, when he was playing the midcard heel, but this face run has really exposed him.

The way he reacted to the arm and hip breaking beast, Brock Lesnar, like Kofi Kingston wandered out sums him up.

At least the brilliant Daniel Bryan gets it; shitting it when Henry returned to split wigs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Putting Miz anywhere near Brock Lesnar on TV was a giant mistake. Not for me as a viewer, because it was a right laugh I thought, but for the Miz it was a bit of a killer. It would be like Vernon Kay getting in the face of Cannonball Taffy O'Jones. Miz has his role. Keep him to it. Dont expose him by showing the difference in perception, size and general hardness by putting Lesnar next to him. It reminded me when a wrestler would grab a hold of Slick or something. You could have wheeled Demolition Ax out there in 2013 and the people would have believed he'd have handled himself better than the Miz in that situation.

I'm sure the Miz isn't as soft as he looks, but you dont want to watch wrestling thinking you could batter the fuck out of him yourself. Which is what a lot of people must think.

Where was Dolph Ziggler? Not that him or The Rock were particularly missed though.

Glad to see Mark Henry back, could he be a dark horse for the Chamber win?

Half decent show, bloody sick of Ryback vs Cesaro and Barrett vs Orton. Good matches but having no reason for them makes them dull and uninteresting. CM Punk vs Chris Jericho was fantastic, I think it might be my match of the year so far...

• Paid Members
I'm sure the Miz isn't as soft as he looks, but you dont want to watch wrestling thinking you could batter the fuck out of him yourself. Which is what a lot of people must think.

The image of Conan O'Brien pretending to beat up The Miz while Andy Richter holds The Miz back, on his late night show, will forever stick with me. There is no fucking way Conan is doing that to Sheamus.

Putting Miz anywhere near Brock Lesnar on TV was a giant mistake. Not for me as a viewer, because it was a right laugh I thought, but for the Miz it was a bit of a killer. It would be like Vernon Kay getting in the face of Cannonball Taffy O'Jones. Miz has his role. Keep him to it. Dont expose him by showing the difference in perception, size and general hardness by putting Lesnar next to him. It reminded me when a wrestler would grab a hold of Slick or something. You could have wheeled Demolition Ax out there in 2013 and the people would have believed he'd have handled himself better than the Miz in that situation.

The main problem for me is that you have a babyface who just took a big beating face to face, then took another after he sneaked up from behind when poor Brock was just trying to help out the ring crew, and that babyface is likley never going to get revenge.

• Paid Members

The image of Conan O'Brien pretending to beat up The Miz while Andy Richter holds The Miz back, on his late night show, will forever stick with me. There is no fucking way Conan is doing that to Sheamus.

Conan could legitimately take Miz I reckon. Irish, about 6' 4''. And Miz is soft as a bottle of pop.

The main problem for me is that you have a babyface who just took a big beating face to face, then took another after he sneaked up from behind when poor Brock was just trying to help out the ring crew, and that babyface is likley never going to get revenge.

That's a systemic problem in WWE, and has been for years. Top heels destroy midcard faces with no retribution. When Kofi got revenge on Orton in 2009 it was a huge surprise and novelty because it just never happens. The writing of The Shield has been completely arse-backwards. Even the top babyfaces can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm for revenge on them most weeks, and most of the people they've battered just let it lie until last night. They've made everyone but Cena look a right tit in that respect.

• Paid Members

Punk and Jericho's match was fantastic, another fantastic addition to the HOF and this Mania's card is shaping up to be a cracker with the return of Mark Henry, Jericho and Lesnar. So annoyed that the Rock has done a disappearing act. They talk of Sammartino's run as champion and where's the current one?

Archived