RAW is... (spoilers)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
I hated ADR kissing the fans arse in his promo. Why can't a babyface just act like a babyface these days without being an arse kissing goody two shoes bum licker? He was getting over just fine, now he just seems desperate.

I enjoyed the ending angle though. Part of me loves the idea of The Shield vs. the Super Friends (Cena, Ryback, Shaemus) in the chamber but I really really don't want to see The Shield lose which they undoubtedly will if they are against those 3 guys. The Shield are so fucking awesome but once they've been beaten they run the risk of being dead in the water.

Also, I'm hoping for some kind of insane ridiculous hardcore war tag team match of Punk/Lesnar/The Shield vs. Cena/Triple H/Ryback/Shaemus/Orton at Extreme Rules. Is that too much to ask for?

I think you will get Shield vs Cena/Ryback/Shaemus

Not sure about the others

The other interesting thing is Punk seems to be on his own now, i was hoping to see punk and brock together will Paul E grinning in the back ground.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't hear you complaining when Punk decided not to turn up on RAW and instead got the belt coverage in national media.

Oh right, yeah - that was everyone's favourite angle of 2011.

Sorry but I have to pull you up on that. The whole angle was based around him leaving WWE! That was the point of it all. One of the main problems with the angle was that he didn't stay off TV long enough and they rushed him back. I really can't get my head around what you are even trying to get at with that

I've often thought that the champ should appear less on tv than they generally do. Back in the days of Heat on C4 you'd only see brief clips of the top guys on the Raw recap or whatever and it made them fucking huge. When the PPV came round you'd be pumped just to see them.

• Paid Members
I guess we hang out with different sort of men then.

*bites tongue*

You kinky bastard.

It's the only thing I bring to the table on this forum.

Couple of really good matches this week . . but still Raw felt a bit flat to me. The payoff to the Miz tv segment was good but I don't know if following up a hot angle from last week with 15 excruciating minutes of Miz and Vickie is a good idea to sustain interest. I agree with whoever said that the Miz only worked when he was the annoying twerp wearing them weird shorts with Morrison i.e. he works when you're not suppose to take him seriously.

Why are they insistent on repairing Jack Swagger? The last thing they need at the moment is yet another 'competent worker - mediocre personality' type of guy. Put Titus in his spot and maybe we'll talk.

Tag division dead again?

This thing they keep doing with Barret/Cesaro is fucking annoying. Ryback/Sheamus/Orton pin them every week and yet they have no interest in having a shot at the pointless inferior belt? Put the belt on them then for fuck sake and elevate it, or even better use the midcard/undercard guys to challenge and give em a reason to exist (which they're doing with Bo Dallas tbf).

It became clear tonight that Del Rio as a face is just as shit as Del Rio as a heel. So thank you Big Show (and Ricardo) for being compelling and convincing enough to make this such an enjoyable feud. Surely the Big Show has been on the roll of his career for the last few months? He should have twatted that weird waiter bloke and his pathetic attempts for a tip.

Mark returned and whilst I can't say I jizzed all over my keyboard like a lot of people seem to I did like the "THAT'S WHAT I DO", shit. It'll be interesting to see where they slot him in, especially with the good job Show's been doing in the monster heel role.

I think I like Maddox, he does the smug smartarse thing better than Miz ever could, but that kind of character just feels really out of place in the SERIOUS BIZNESS of the Shield/Heyman/Brock/Punk vs the Universe or whatever and he kinda brought down the potential intensity of the closing segment. Make him Swagger's mouthpiece if you must.

• Paid Members

I was half expecting him to call CM Punk a 'nigga'.

I haven't watched the matches yet, look like there could be a couple of belters, so I'll get round to watching them later. But the non-wrestling stuff was good again.

Completely disagree with whoever claimed Mark Henry's return was shit on page 1. Whoever posted that, serious question: have you seen any Menry stuff over the past couple of years? I've never been a fan of him, and i didn't see his ECW stuff (which some have claimed as the catalyst for his 2011 hell run), but he's been brilliant. Most improved worker in a very, very long time. I wrote him off more than 10 years ago to be honesty, and groaned every tine he returned. But this has been bloody good. If you haven't seen much, go watch. If you have, I think you're mad. Very good return, straight to business and hopefully he gets a monster push.

I still am pleasantly surprised at ADR's face run, agree that his in-ring promo was a bit cheesy, I'd like him to draw out his appreciation of the crowd support a bit more but oh well. I liked the fact he wore a Real Madrid tracksuit and i liked the backstage stuff. Reminds me of the late 90s with all that stuff.

Closing angle was very good, Shield still looked strong, showing that the only tine they've been 'done' is by three of the biggest faces, completely fresh, after the Shield have just taken out Maddox. Looks like Brad will be heel still.

Liked the Brock angle too, the chair throw was great. Not fussed that it made Miz look like a complete pussy because in my eyes, he's been dead in the water since summer 2011. I'm not sure he can recover and regain the status he once had, but to be honest, I'd rather he didn't anyway. He was good at the time, very good in places, but nothing special and without much longevity.

• Paid Members

Echo what everyone has said about Raw. There was too many recaps/app pushing segments but the main stuff was great, especially Lesnar chucking the chair at Miz, could watch that all day.

This gif is also great.

1360039013346.gif

• Paid Members

Only just finished watching the show. MARK FUCKING HENRY!!! Thank fuck he's back. That was the wrestling highlight of 2013 so far for me. Well, maybe second to The Rock winning the title, but that wasn't a surprise and this was. Nothing in pro wrestling is cooler than Mizark swatting cruiserweights about then trash talking his way up the ramp slow as fuck. I would watch that forever.

I like his new t-shirt too.

I've often thought that the champ should appear less on tv than they generally do. Back in the days of Heat on C4 you'd only see brief clips of the top guys on the Raw recap or whatever and it made them fucking huge. When the PPV came round you'd be pumped just to see them.

Yeah but those clips were from the main shows, which the champs were on.

I loved the Henry return and Brock nearly killing Miz.

• Paid Members

Personally, I think champs should appear on TV, but not wrestle every single week. Also, the title shouldn't ever be defended on TV - I always liked how Ric Flair made a big deal of how he never did that with the NWA title, saying stuff like "the champ doesn't get to ride in limos and wear $500 by defending his title on free TV" etc.

Although, in general, I think I'd like it if they referred more often to "the winner's purse" and the fact that winners and champions make more money. It adds an extra dimension to feuds, I feel.

Archived