10 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

He knocked about in IPW:UK for a while as part of the Iron Lions with Andy Simmonz, then I think he disappeared for a bit and came back as part of the Thrillers, post-Haskins and Redman. No idea what he's doing now. Really was the almost man of Britwres.

• Paid Members
Whatever happened to James Tighe?

Anyone know this? I was a big fan at one point, he looked like he had something about him but just seemed to disappear.

Tighe started to annoy me towards my final watchings of FWA, he was getting the import matches like crazy, Ki and Styles etc. Zebra Kid matches with those two would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Granted his match with Styles was half decent, but he let Ki beat the living fuck out of him, at least Zebra Kid would have smashed the Dragon Ball Z looking tosser in the face back, probably harder.

Of course Zebra wasn't an FWA product so didn't get that sort of match, a shame as his match with Joe was an absolute belter.

For me, it was one of FWAs great undoings, they maintained the fact they were booking their trainees, when the likes of Spud were pissing over the likes of Aviv Mayaan at FCW.

Talking of FCW, with the FWA hate going here, I'd love for Kev O'Neill to put across his feelings on how he was treated with the FWA Midlands deal

Reading the various stories here really has brought back memories of the event and how in love I was with wrestling at the time. My one big memory from the whole day was as we were waiting outside the hall, Jon Farrer standing on a ledge at the side of the door just looking out beyond the crowd with a look of terror on his face and I remember really feeling sorry for the poor guy.

Half way through writing I just remembered that I still have my poster from the day rolled up and I've just dug it out and I didn't realise how many people I got to sign it, really brought back the memories.

If any one has any more photo's from the event I'd love to see them

• Paid Members

Here's some more I found knocking about of people waiting and the wrestlers doing their best to entertain.

4808578957_bfb8d4a9a2_z.jpg4808578389_0520596f43_z.jpg4809200848_7326e6875a_z.jpg4809201950_5b3e438b7d_z.jpg4808580187_1f541b10fe_z.jpg4809202704_cbe43b99fd_z.jpg

Putting names to faces, you have Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere there. I believe the bloke in the ROH shirt is called Rick Peters. He promotes in Holland I believe. He seems to be filming the event, although I cant imagine this made it to VHS or DVD! Jon Farrer is the poor sod in the first picture. Even from a distance he looks sick as a chip.

I watched an interview with Jake Roberts backstage at this show years back where he's off his tits moaning about how the night turned out. Cant find it on youtube, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators
Whatever happened to James Tighe?

Anyone know this? I was a big fan at one point, he looked like he had something about him but just seemed to disappear.

Tighe started to annoy me towards my final watchings of FWA, he was getting the import matches like crazy, Ki and Styles etc. Zebra Kid matches with those two would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Granted his match with Styles was half decent, but he let Ki beat the living fuck out of him, at least Zebra Kid would have smashed the Dragon Ball Z looking tosser in the face back, probably harder.

I rather enjoyed watching Low Ki beat the everloving fuck out of James Tighe.

I believe the bloke in the ROH shirt is called Rick Peters. He promotes in Holland I believe.

Anything I have ever heard about the guy makes him sound like a tool and a wrestler sniffer.

Yeah I was looking at those photos Ian, there seems to be a camcorder in a lot of them so the footage must exist somewhere. Someone here must have is surely? Mr Farrer? Would be quite cool to see as a bit of a novelty viewing.

What was Trent Acid's appeal? He seemed to have a following on the net in a decade ago, but I seem to remember him being sloppy as fuck and generally quite shit. But that was about 2005/06. Was he ever any good?

I only remember him being shit. The ugliest guy to act like a pretty boy too. RIP

Fascinating read from back in the day, I think this is the first time I have posted in about 5 years but this was a worthy thread.

Bethnal Green bomb threat, ah the memories.

I believe the bloke in the ROH shirt is called Rick Peters. He promotes in Holland I believe.

Anything I have ever heard about the guy makes him sound like a tool and a wrestler sniffer.

Why would you say that? TNA has never toured Holland. WWE hasn't toured Holland in 20 years.

Yet, I have seen sellout indy shows in Holland with names as Kevin Nash, Rob van Dam, Rhyno, Al Snow, Billy Gunn, Chavo Guerrero, Pac, El Generico, Tommy Dreamer and so many more. Rick Peters and Mark Kodiak promote in Holland and they have always delivered. In fact this year will mark their 50th show and they never had any no-shows or had to give out refunds. NEVER.

Rick Peters used to be a cameraman for WWA in Australia in his younger years and filmed many other shows in his youth. Therefor he knows a lot of wrestlers personally. Whenever RVD visits Europe he stays at Ricks house. Just watch those RVD TV episodes.

Conclusion: Not a tool but currently one of Europes most legitimate and trustworthy promoters ;).