10 years ago... Notorious 'BritWres' incident

Big Benny HG

Yeah i remember that.. I might be wrong but it was his star training programme venture (or something similar to that which has a account on here spt maybe?) and he apparently had thousands of applicants... Add that to his bwc idea of training manifests and a spot for his bwc guys to be on shows for a fee (plus commision to alex) he really does get hold of peoples cash easily..

I know of one promoter who fell out with him over cash that was owed to him and said the line "if alex is doing well and living in that

Edited by hitman89762000

Star Power Training Ltd is run by Damien Smith (myself) and Dave Rayne and has never been affiliated with Alex Shane.

Dave and I do however have a huge amount of respect for Alex as the founder of FutureShock.

We are currently promoting our 4th year of courses, this year with Jay Lethal. Having had successful courses with Kid Kash (2010), Colt Cabana (2011) & Davey Richards (2012).

We are one of only 3 wrestling promoters to my knowledge able to issue working visa's for international pro wrestlers.

Recently we became the only Pro Wrestling company approved by the UK Border Agency to issue working visa's to 3rd parties and currently issue working visas for many well respected companies across the UK.

The idea of Alex Shane living well is a pretty funny one too. The story above of him wanting people to live with him as the life coach was kind of the last thing I ever remember of him. I remember the whole "living by the Thames" thing at this time but by all accounts, this was a flat share for just a couple of months. I guess he wanted to experience the life he had always dreamed of living... at the cost of a couple of thousand pounds. Like the saddo's who rent a Porsche for a week and try to tell people it's theirs.

I know he is doing the whole WrestleTalk TV thing now. I've seen a couple of episodes and it's just very poorly produced junk in my opinion. I don't wish to offend anybody here who may be involved with it also, it's just one man's opinion. It makes you wonder how he is using this latest vehicle to leach money from people. I imagine he charges everybody to submit their British wrestling footage to BE SEEN ON TV!! And I bet people with that similar mentality are happy to do it, even though their live attendances probably won't budge an inch...

Wow is it really ten years since Trent Acid throw popcorn chicken at me? This whole show was a nightmare, and I'm still waiting for a refund for the show and Aftermath show like Hatguy...... I thought I'd learnt my lesson from this show and wouldn't be burnt again, but sadly forgot about these events and brought tickets for the last WrestleSlam show.....

At one point, there was a crash at RIM (actually, I think it got hacked) that corrupted the member database and consequently the usernames on the older threads no longer match up with who actually made the posts at the time, so the nobody is who you think they are, which makes it all very confusing.

I'm not even that much of an ECW fan. :(

Edited by TheBigBoot

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I used to trade video tapes with Simania.

I still have hundreds of them in my garage.

I got rid of mine years ago via the TWO board around 2004 when I went off wrestling for a few years. Well, stopped watching anything other than Raw. God knows how many I had. Other than sex, no feeling has ever bettered that of finding a package blatantly containing video tapes on my door mat coming home from school!

You know, reading through all of these 11 pages brings back a lot of memories.

And a lot of anger too, even 10 years down the line.

Jon is a good mate of mine and, like Kev, I was backstage with him the entire time and I saw the effect the aftermath took on him.

Nobody deserved that, particularly for something completely out of their control.

Fortunately for him, he's doing better than most of us these days and certainly lives his life to the full.

He's a good guy and to turn around the situation he was in takes some balls.

Sad to think what may have been of his promoting career, as this event would have been huge, as would any follow-on events.

Interesting that apparently Jake's name is being thrown into the 'involvement' ring. We were backstage with Jake for most of the afternoon, whilst he ate KFC and drank whiskey...

So let's hear the other side of the story then and put some ghosts to rest.

This is the first time i've logged on here for a good while, I mostly came on to find out about the ddp Jake Roberts/Scott Hall thing as a mate was telling me about it last night. but having found this thread it's brought back a hell of a lot of memories of me, my brother, my mate adam and my brother's friend who drove us up to Blackburn and then back to Tamworth in Staffordshire.

This was the first time i'd traveled outside of the midlands for a wrestling show, with my parents a bit reluctant about it as i'd had only been a couple of years since i'd been seriously ill, and was (and still am thought my health is a million times better) on a lot of medication, but with my brother his friend and my best mate going they were happy i'd be ok.

I can't remember what time we left to go up to Blackburn, though I can remember listening to System Of A Down and Limp Bizkit on the way, I can also remember that the weather wasn't great, either raining or snowing.

We got up to Blackburn and found somewhere near the venue to park up, got to the venue to see what was happening, took a wander into Blackburn to get some food, then went back to the venue for the fan fest, which was pretty good, got to meet Jake Roberts, as well as all the czw guys. The police checking the weapons fans have brought with them sticks out too, as does drinking with the czw whilst they played pool in the pub (which I think was after the first delay for the ring to turn up)

Eventually we got in the venue, got our seats, and waited, and waited, you had all the stuff with the tables in the space where the ring should be, and everything else than went on before it was eventually announced that it wasn't going to happen. The atmosphere in the room was like something i'd not experienced outside of a villa blues game, it really felt toxic, with people baying for blood. We were determined we would get our money back that night (we'd been burned by the wrestlexpress in coventry fiasco), having been said that only if you'd bought your tickets from the venue that they could refund you. We were waiting around with a group of around 6/8 others who like us had traveled a fair distance to be there, and eventually we got chatting to Jon Farrer's uncle or dad, who had come down to the venue to try and help when he'd heard what had gone on. He asked us how much our tickets had cost, and said to give him 10 minutes or so, which seemed like forever, but he came back with a wedge of cash (out of his own pocket I assume) and gave us four, and the others with us the money for our tickets back.

I can't believe it's been ten years since this all happened, i've still got the programme in the depths of my cupboard signed by most of the wrestlers involved with the show, maybe one day it will be worth something!

• Paid Members
There's been one name mentioned on here i'd love to know where he is and what he's doing.... DAVE PICK!

I know he was a big contributor to the forum once upon a time, anyone know where he is now?

i asked the same question a year or two back and did get a response...i can't remember what it was though.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with him getting a girlfriend.

Edited by Ebb