• Paid Members

Here's a new one flying around the news sites:

I have been in contact with a pro wrestler who has filed a discrimination complaint against TNA with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC monitors cases of all types of discrimination in the workplace.

This wrestler was a former TNA Gut Check participant, who is unwilling at this point to reveal his identity. What can be shared at this time is that the charges were filed in April of this year, and the EEOC felt there was a case and moved forward. They then contacted TNA to advise them of the charges, and get a response, which to date they have not received, despite several requests for a response from the agency.

When a worker files a complaint, the EEOC notifies the employer and asks it for a “statement of position,” in which it offers its side of the story. The EEOC follows up with a formal request for the employer to supply documents and other information relevant to the case, such as copies of company human resources policies and personnel files. EEOC staff may also visit the workplace, something that the agency itself acknowledges can be disruptive to company operations. While on site, the staff may ask the employer to make employees available for interviews. The employer can say no, but the EEOC can still contact them away from work — without the employer’s knowledge or permission.

An employer may be able to avoid a formal EEOC investigation by agreeing to try to resolve the matter through mediation or by settling the complaint. If the employer declines to mediate, or if the EEOC concludes that the case is too serious for mediation, the EEOC may sue the employer. Even if the EEOC decides not to sue — or take any action — the employees who filed the complaint reserve the right to sue.

It is possible that TNA may be deliberately delaying their response to the EEOC in light of the current financial state of affairs, which is being reported on many pro wrestling websites of late. Several TNA wrestlers have been receiving their pay late. PWInsider.com is reporting that the blame is being put on Panda Energy, TNA’s parent company. They are stating that the movement from their side appears to be “slow.” Their source that claimed to be six weeks behind was “being ridiculous” and the issues have been resolved since the initial report.

Some of the third party vendors are behind in getting paid as well, and one unnamed wrestler said that he heard that some workers checks were up to four weeks late, despite statements from TNA to the contrary.

Recently, in a move necessitated by ongoing budget cuts within the promotion, TNA released Crimson, Joey Ryan, Christian York, and Taeler Hendrix. With none of the four being featured prominently on television on a weekly basis, all were deemed expendable.

I wish TNA would stop getting sued by their former wrestlers. They always have to cough up a settlement.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
When's Jesse Sorenson due back? Has to be soon surely?

He was advertizing himself for bookings on twitter the other day so maybe hes been released?

Isn't he a road agent or doing some backstage stuff?

• Paid Members

They gave him a job as a production assistant. Could be that he's been let go from that as part of the budget cuts?

Other than that, he's apparently competing as a bodybuilder. I thought he was considering himself retired, but just found an interview from a month or so back where he said he was looking to return in late 2013. Didn't look a hugely reliable site, however.

Does Chavo Guerrero qualify for the X-Division? They could drop him in there while Hernandez is in BFG, at least he's something of a 'name'. I've got to say the entire scenario surrounding the X-Division belt is classic TNA setting something up nicely before making a prize cunt of it a week later. I didn't think Aries would beat Bully for the belt, not while he's competing in BFG, but he could at least provide a credible kayfabe threat and put on a decent match. That and as someone else said it could have been used to put Suicide to bed for good.

I wonder if the TV Title getting put on hiatus means the same for Abyss as a character?

• Paid Members

He'll be back. Once TNA go back to renting free venues or get rid of Sting, Matt Morgan will return with a fresh new push. There's no getting rid of him. So fucking useless, its unreal.

My fear is that now the TNA/WWE lawsuit is up, he'll be cluttering up NXT. There was talk of him going there last year but WWE announced they weren't interested in signing anyone who'd been under a TNA deal for a while.

• Paid Members

I dont think there's much money in Mexico for full time foreigners. He's like a special attraction type as well. He might end up there, but I cant see him doing the full whack. X-Pac went full time and he said he regularly got stiffed on his money. He had to move down there to make a living as well. Part of the reason he's asked for a release might have to do with TNA not paying some of the workers and then taking them off the road to swindle them out of more money. Seems to me likes its either WWE or coaching youth basketball again. Fair play to him for telling them where to go. Loads wouldn't.

There's a lawyer who represents Daffney and Scott Steiner also advising recently released TNA wrestlers to sue them for shit working conditions upon release (probably because of the large payout he got from them off the Daffney thing). These bulk of releases might be bad news if they release the wrong people.

He'll be back.

No! Fuck off I won't let you ruin this for me. Can't you just let everyone be happy for a few days thinking he has fucked off for good and will never wrestle again? I know that won't happen but there's no need to ruin it already

WWE have always been quite big on him, haven't they?

I remember when he first broke through, and ever since really, there were loads of stories about him having lots of allies in quite high places.

• Paid Members

Morgan is a big enough name and is impressive looking enough to make a good living on the indies I suppose. A seven foot musclehead is a genuine rarity in wrestling these days. I imagine he'll get about plenty. He'll probably be wrestling in Preston in 2014.

• Paid Members
He'll be back.

No! Fuck off I won't let you ruin this for me. Can't you just let everyone be happy for a few days thinking he has fucked off for good and will never wrestle again? I know that won't happen but there's no need to ruin it already

Not in the case of Matt Morgan. I also had the enjoyment of knowing he was gone last year and he showed up on a house show repackaged/he had a longer beard. I'm not falling for it again. Its now all your turns to get that brain freeze when you see his silly kick return to TNA.

Just look at him. Sting wrestling himself. The bloke isn't selling or struggling to get out of the move. He's just lying there.

(gif so click the link)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4662946/s...deathlock-o.gif

WWE have always been quite big on him, haven't they?

I remember when he first broke through, and ever since really, there were loads of stories about him having lots of allies in quite high places.

They gave him the gimmick of a stuttering giant and then sacked him, so I'd say no. Jim Cornette loved him, though.