I've just watched the reveal of Aries as Suicide from last weeks show. TNA have dropped the ball putting the title back on Sabin. Aries got a great reaction from the crowd, and from Bully Ray.

Now I've seen that, this weeks show is much more disappointing

• Paid Members

I think there's a big chance Sabin is winning the belt, now. They did the same last year with Aries. He shouldn't, but I still think he will. Sabin just doesn't look at the races. He used to be one of my favourites back in 2006, and I loved him in the Machine Guns, but now he just doesn't look half of what he was. He was so exciting and his outfits looked cool as shit. Now he has to wear those baggy pants to hide the heavy knee braces, he has that shite hair cut and he has to work in those choreographed three way dances. I just think, imagine if it was Shelley instead of Sabin in that spot. He'd carry it so much better.

And if they do put the belt on him, I hope they dont miss the opportunity to mention that Chris Sabin is the only person (according to them 3 years ago) to ever kick out of the Dudley Death Drop and the man who drove the Dudleys into splitting up back in 2010. That could at least add a bit of spice to the storyline.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

You'd think they have too right? It has to be the way to get him over as a legit threat if he was the man that got the win those years back. They can then play up that since then he's got better and after the surgeries stronger or something.

• Paid Members

On the previously discussed subject of adding some more colour to Impact, just watched this week's show and thought the red white & blue logo on the screen, presumably a special for Independence Day, looked swish. Particularly with the stars at the bottom.

Adopt that as your logo full-time, paint the corner posts red, keep the blue ropes to minimise outlay (budget cuts and all that) and stick the new logo in the middle of the ring mat, and on a white ring skirt. Sorted.

• Paid Members

If Chris Sabin becomes the TNA Champion I'd have to class that as an all-time company low. I wouldn't even buy him as RoH Champion. Nothing against Sabin, but fucking hell, he's a Marty Jannetty.

I thought the angle they did with Aries the other week was pretty good at the time, but they've thrown it out of the window by bouncing the title back onto Sabin. It was a great angle to write out the Suicide gimmick forever too, but they fucked that too.

Gut Check has to be one of the most badly executed good ideas I've ever seen on TV.

On a more positive note, I do like the new MEM line-up. So far, they've picked all the right guys for it. Hopefully they will be looking at this as a vehicle to elevate Joe and Magnus into genuine main event spots, but it's difficult to be optimistic about things.

While he's still enjoyable, Sabin's a shell of his former self these days. He's quite an established name in TNA though and probably one of the best X-Division stars they've ever had, so he's in a good spot I reckon. Absolutely no chance of him winning the title though.

I know talking was never his strong point, but I remember him being much better on the stick before his injuries. Or did Shelley just bring out the best in him? Shelley was immense.

• Paid Members

They've put him in a position where he has to win the belt. He's giving up the X Division title to wrestle for the World title. The negatives of Sabin losing would be him looking like a right tosser after coming back after 2 years out and losing in his first big match. And you could possibly kill the gimmick of the X champion cashing in his shot, so early. And they had Aries win the X title just to give Sabin a win over a stronger opponent in Aries leading into the Bully match. And if they are doing Hogan vs Bully, he has to lose the belt. Nothing is for certain ever in TNA, but you almost think the way this is going, he's going to be winning the belt in a few weeks.

AJ vs Sabin isn't the most unlikely title match I've heard, if they want to go the whole "pushing the young (blokes in their 30s) guys". Or you could have Angle winning it later on and have Magnus vs. Angle. Either way, I cant see Bully going into Bound For Glory as the champion.

• Paid Members

Sabin could win with an assist from Hogan I guess. Hulk has been the one championing him on Impact and he's obviously desperate to see Bully get beaten. That paves the way for Hogan vs Bully Ray and throws the BFG series wide open. From a storyline point of view, Sabin winning is totally plausible, but realistically he should never have been put in this position in the first place.

I was impressed with the match that Sabin and Aries had on Impact. Sure it was really cool watching DOC slam suicide or manik on to the floor, but to be fair the final minutes of that Sabin and Aries was pretty cool.

But I want Aries. I know he's probably in the bad books still but when they mentioned Fortune, I thought Aries, Roode, Daniels and Kaz as being some sort of tweener group started when Aries runs his mouth about beating Bully Ray twice and then getting a right kicking from the gang. OH well.

Sabin shouldn't win, just because there's no one to replace him as X champion. Kenny King kinda failed, Zema Ion's on the shelf I presume, Petey Williams is duller than the colour of my living room which leaves who? Sonjay Dutt at a push but I doubt it.

• Paid Members
Sabin shouldn't win, just because there's no one to replace him as X champion.

He's giving the X division belt up whether he wins or loses. Thats the rule. So they better find someone quick. The X Division title is the the Money In The Bank case.