• Paid Members

Can't say I necessarily agree with Burke. He was definitely a great character, very charismatic, great talker, but his in-ring work left something to be desired. He had a couple of signature spots, but if he was in the ring with someone who couldn't carry him, he didn't seem to be able to get the crowd up for it. I can't think of many matches in which he stood out. Maybe the Joker's Wild tournament, but other than that, not much else.

EC3 strikes me as a future main eventer, in TNA, WWE, anywhere. Kinda reminds me of a younger Randy Orton, but I can't put my finger on why.

WWE let him go after having him in their system for ages, watching him on TNA you do wonder why.

I agree. I thought Bateman looked promising on NXT. Carried himself well, comfortable in and out of the ring.

They seriously need a loan system to get guys out and working and improving but keep them under contract. As great a set-up as the Dev centre and NXT are, they don't produce guys who have a variety of experience in a pressurised environment or guys who've worked with people of different ages, styles and backgrounds.

For all their faults, for this reason alone I hope ROH and TNA stay in business because along with Mexico and Japan, I think they're as crucial in developing (or just polishing) talent as WWE's dev centre.

I've kinda assumed for years that Vinny Mac is probably helping ROH like he did ECW.

Can't say I necessarily agree with Burke. He was definitely a great character, very charismatic, great talker, but his in-ring work left something to be desired. He had a couple of signature spots, but if he was in the ring with someone who couldn't carry him, he didn't seem to be able to get the crowd up for it. I can't think of many matches in which he stood out. Maybe the Joker's Wild tournament, but other than that, not much else.

I thought he was fantastic in TNA as the Black Pope. Looked cool as fuck and was an exciting wrestler that fitted with the style at the time. At one point I thought he was genuinely going to be their next big star.

Where's he at now anyway?

• Paid Members

I thought he was fantastic in TNA as the Black Pope. Looked cool as fuck and was an exciting wrestler that fitted with the style at the time. At one point I thought he was genuinely going to be their next big star.

Where's he at now anyway?

I should clarify: I definitely thought he was a main-eventer in TNA, had an awesome character and gimmick, and was brilliant on the mike. In all these respects he should've been one of their top guys. But his wrestling wasn't just missing something, it actually seemed to let him down a bit - it seemed like at certain points he would end up killing the crowd for him. In fairness to him, this is a weakness TNA should've booked to cover him, but we all know they couldn't book Hitler as a heel, they're so inept.

It's not to be smarky, but you kind of need to be able to have good, crowd-involving matches if you're going to be a perennial, regular championship main-eventer, rather than just a transitional guy or upper midcard threat - from his work in TNA, it just didn't feel like Burke had that. Maybe he'd have developed that eventually, but I suppose we'll never know now.

Been enjoying the TNA One Night Only series of PPV specials. Echo the love for EC3 from #oldschool. Good to see a dreamer and bully match.

This could be his Crow-Sting moment.

Or, you know, not.

As someone who was bored stiff by Jeff Hardy the last couple of years, anything new is good. Can't see him wrestling in that mask though!