• Paid Members

That's not the TV deal they should be signing. They desperately need to negotiate a new deal with Spike, because Spike is free to negotiate with WWE next month.

TNA TV DEAL UPDATES

By Mike Johnson on 2014-01-08 09:45:19

TNA President Dixie Carter just wrote on Twitter that the company has come to terms with Challenge TV in Great Britain on a new multi-year deal to "keep all of our programming free in the UK and Ireland."

The next big deal TNA will have to get locked in will be with Spike in the United States. The company's current deal will be expiring in October 2014, so negotiations to lock a new deal in should be starting sometime in the first quarter of the year.

As I noted in my PWInsider Elite audio a few days ago, there are some in the company worried about the potential of WWE moving to Spike and other Viacom-run networks if they don't lock in a new deal with Comcast, so the sooner TNA locks a new contract in, the better.

As I also noted in my audio, the other concern regarding Spike may be that when the last deal was signed, the goal between the two parties was to grow the weekly audience to two million viewers a week. Obviously, that did not happen as TNA's viewership is down in comparison to when they locked in their last deal.

The possibility of Spike telling them to fuck off is supposedly a reason why Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett went "fuck this" after TNA let them have a look at the books. Without the Spike deal, TNA are worth nothing. Its not even like WCW where they own an extremely valuable tape library.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The thing that interests me from that statement is this:

Challenge now also has the rights to broadcast some older TNA programming and matches.

A green light for them to show old Impacts and weekly PPVs? They had asked about whether people wanted to see more on Facebook, but that's not exactly stone cold concrete proof. I'd reaaly love to see some old TNA repeats.

On a related note, I think this signifies the death of TNA's Greatest Matches. I had wanted them to make more, because as much as I enjoyed the first fortnight where they showed them all, but there's only so many times I can see Angle vs. Wolfe before I'll start changing the channel.

• Paid Members

While not wishing on a return to a single national promotion, TNA have well and truly ran out of steam. The fact that Spike are even casting cursory glances towards WWE is not good news at all. Where is there left for TNA to go?

I've backed them to the hilt but I can't see where the company's going now apart from shit creek without a paddle. It just feels like its fulfilling it's obligatory two hour slot from week to week and plodding along until it's certain demise. And I hate having to type that.

Does anyone know what the UK ratings are for Raw, Smackdown and Impact. I mean total ratings of all showings. Not comparing Impact in prime time to Raw in the middle of the night!

TNA may well have more viewers, it should do being on freeview, but you only have to look at live attendances to see who's bigger. WWE run the O2 3 times a year, sold out or pretty close. TNA run Wembley once a year and have part of it curtained off.

• Paid Members
Does anyone know what the UK ratings are for Raw, Smackdown and Impact. I mean total ratings of all showings. Not comparing Impact in prime time to Raw in the middle of the night!

TNA may well have more viewers, it should do being on freeview, but you only have to look at live attendances to see who's bigger. WWE run the O2 3 times a year, sold out or pretty close. TNA run Wembley once a year and have part of it curtained off.

According to the BARB website Raw got 119,000 for its first showing and 57,000 for its Thursday replay and Smackdown got 106,000 for its first showing.

Impact got 218,000

Edit: Thats for the second week in December but looking through those viewing figures look about average for what they have been getting

Edited by chokeout

According to the BARB website Raw got 119,000 for its first showing and 57,000 for its Thursday replay and Smackdown got 106,000 for its first showing.

Impact got 218,000

Cheers, that's not really a huge lead for TNA when you think of how many extra homes have access to it (I've got no idea how many TBH but what sort of % of the country will have Sky Sports).

Either a lot of people watch Raw through other sources or half the people that watch it go to live events, that's a pretty good uptake!

Okay, so that's Germany. What about the rest of this "most of Europe" that you claim?

youd have to look online for exact numbers but i recently read it has around a 20% advantage in spain and similar numbers in france im not sure if the networks each are on are available in more or less homes than each other but impact is doing higher numbers

found this on tnawrestling.com which is part of the press release for there new tv deal with MCS in france

TNA and MCS made history earlier this year at Slammiversary XI when French commentators C

Edited by wrestleuk