• Moderators

Well, it wouldn't have been the first time Tito got the fucked kicked out of him on the cobbles. Just ask Lee Murray (when he's out of prison).

But as regards the DirectTV thing. TNA took the piss asking for $25 dollars for a pre-recorded PPV anyway, to be honest.

Edited by PowerButchi

If you turn it off after the main event then impact is a really good show this week. Manik and Sabin had an awesome match, really different from a lot of stuff you see on TV. Not to mention Aries and AJ did really well. I'd have preferred a proper non finish to it though. Wrestling fans are conditioned to think a non finish means a rematch later on, so I don't think it would have been shit on too badly, especially if they just stuck some post match brawling

On the plus side is Anderson or Briscoe get pinned in the five on five match then they are gone. That's exciting

• Paid Members

Just watched the last segment of Impact on youtube.

It was really badly executed and made no sense at all. If Tito doesn't work for "Impact Wrestling or Spike TV" then why is he allowed to just wander down the ramp? Who cued up his theme music? Why's he even GOT theme music for that matter?

That said, I don't really hate the idea as much as everybody else seems to.

TNA are obviously high on Rampage. He's in their top babyface stable and they're presenting him like he's a top guy. The only problem is he is basically untrained and, even if they put him in with one of their best guys, him actually wrestling could end up being a disaster. On the other hand, you can't keep him OUT of the ring for that long because eventually people will notice that the "heavy hitter" isn't actually "hitting" anybody. Plus they've got this cross promotion deal with Bellator which I'd imagine Spike are pushing quite heavily.

If Tito joins Aces and Eights (or forms his own stable with whoever else is actually left on the roster) then you can keep him out of the ring as well and slowly build towards Rampage vs Tito on a Bellator show as "Aces and Eights vs The Main Event Mafia". It'd literally be a Pro Wrestling build up to an MMA fight, which would certainly be unique. It won't make TNA any money, granted, but if the fight draws for Bellator then it'll only help TNA's relationship with Spike.

Of course, knowing TNA, I can't discount the idea that they'll just throw Ortiz and Rampage in a wrestling match on Impact. Probably next week.

Before Tito's reveal, when you see the Mafia throwing Aces and 8's out the ring, watch Rampage towards the end of that bit. He throws a terrible knee to whoever it is, and then does the worst throw out of the ring ever also. I'm guessing his pro wrestling training isn't going all that well.

Before Tito's reveal, when you see the Mafia throwing Aces and 8's out the ring, watch Rampage towards the end of that bit. He throws a terrible knee to whoever it is, and then does the worst throw out of the ring ever also. I'm guessing his pro wrestling training isn't going all that well.

He hasn't done any yet, has he? I thought he didn't bother turning up to it and decided he wasn't going to bother learning to fake wrestle until after his MMA career.

Not a TNA hater but I can't help but remember this amazing example of booking on their part that speaks volumes on how they do things. They had the current IWGP champion in the States for a month, signed to your company as part of a talent exchange agreement ... and you only use him once ... and what an opponent :D

- On January 4, 2008, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to win the IWGP Heavyweight Title

- On January 22, 2008, Nakamura made an appearance on TNA Xplosion, defeating Elix Skipper

- On February 17, 2008, Nakamura defeated Kurt Angle to unify the NJPW and IGF versions of the IWGP Heavyweight Title

• Paid Members

A lot of them were there. Tanahashi, Lance Hoyt, Alex Shelley, Alex Koslov. Even this bloke.

TjBpe0X.png

TNA have had a lot of people who could have torn it down and they never used them. They even brought over Jushin Liger for a dream match with Samoa Joe and gave it 7 minutes on PPV.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

They did indeed. A great match, too, and the crowd were actually superb for it as well. It also had Samoa Joe's brilliant one night only entrance:-

Awesome.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

I remember Tanahashi getting a PPV match with AJ Styles, and then the next week I think he beat Roderick Strong, and then that was it wasn't it? They basically had an agreement with NJPW, brought over the best guys....and then just didn't really do much with them

They were all better than what he actually did. He does a cracking Macho Man impression on the 4th video.