• Paid Members

Austin Aries is wrestling AJ Styles in their first ever (singles) televised match. I think they only worked once or twice ever. If AJ is on form, that's going to be a fucking blinder. I thought that should have been last years Bound For Glory main event.

I remember Aries and Roderick Strong having a class match with Evan Bourne and Styles in Ring of Honor. They seemed to mesh well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I know it's the BFG series, but it seems mad to give this away on free TV. It's one of the very few marketable matches TNA have left! Pug it away on a house show and save it for PPV.

It'll be great anyway.

• Paid Members
I know it's the BFG series, but it seems mad to give this away on free TV. It's one of the very few marketable matches TNA have left! Pug it away on a house show and save it for PPV.

It'll be great anyway.

They are giving away the debut of a MAN OF MYSTERY based on videos on the internet as well. This is a pretty big impact for them and they never mentioned either of these things on last weeks show. So they are really giving it away for nothing. They didn't even build the match on a previous TV show. They announced it on twitter with 2 days left.

Aries vs Styles happened at least once in ROH. I don't remember it being as good as expected.

I remember that match. Only watched it last year. It was shit by the standards of the time. But I imagine this to be much better. Although AJ Styles is well off form at the minute, due to him adopting a totally different style to go with this new Sting character. I'm stunned they haven't binned this yet. It just doesn't suit him. That haircut and the oversized leather jacket aren't him at all.

It'll be great anyway.

They should have Aces & Eights interfere early doors and get the match thrown out. Whet our appetite, and save the full match for a PPV.

• Paid Members

Interesting.

Japanese legend The Great Muta meets with Jeff Jarrett and TNA Officials in Nashville

mutajarrett.jpg

On Tuesday afternoon, Japanese wrestling legend The Great Muta was at the TNA Offices in Nashville, Tennessee for a business meeting with TNA officials, including TNA founder Jeff Jarrett. The Great Muta, who runs Japan's WRESTLE-1 promotion under Gen Sports Entertainment, was in Nashville to discuss future opportunities between TNA and WRESTLE-1. ImpactWrestling.com will have more details on the meeting in the coming weeks!

I want to see Sting vs Muta at Bound For Glory. I couldn't give a shit about anything else.

I think Jarrett's getting more and more power in the company. I dont know how, though. I dont know whats going on in TNA (Konnan and Court Bauer said something about a legal thing, why he's suddenly sprung back up), but its interesting. Jarrett being back has got that same feeling as when Bischoff popped back up in the dying days of WCW. I wonder if Spike has something to do with Jarrett being back. Either way, I'm glad he's back.

• Paid Members
Although AJ Styles is well off form at the minute, due to him adopting a totally different style to go with this new Sting character. I'm stunned they haven't binned this yet. It just doesn't suit him. That haircut and the oversized leather jacket aren't him at all.

Completely agree. He looks really uncomfortable in that role too. Plus the whole 'just in it for the money' thing just makes his character seem like a bellend who doesn't know what he wants, being that way for the sake of it. I presume all the stuff with the announcers bringing up him using moves of the 'old AJ' last week on Impact is the beginning of them fucking off this 'no one' character, and about time too!

I kinda think that Jarrett's just their guy for dealing with international promotions, hence why he still pops up in AAA every now and then and is now meeting Great Muta. If anything it gives me the impression that Jeff's pretty done with wrestling and just wants an office job, which is a tremendous shame.

• Paid Members
I kinda think that Jarrett's just their guy for dealing with international promotions, hence why he still pops up in AAA every now and then and is now meeting Great Muta. If anything it gives me the impression that Jeff's pretty done with wrestling and just wants an office job, which is a tremendous shame.

Jarrett hasn't regularly been in the office for about a year, though. They've wanted him out for ages, by all accounts. There's all sorts going about regarding Jeff Jarrett and TNA's relationship and why Dixie doesn't want him around. I suppose they are desperate at the minute, after sacking their head of creative and their house show road agent. Its a strange one. I think they are half pregnant in regards to Jeff. They dont want him around, but they dont want him opening his mouth about certain things once he leaves, if you know what I mean. Especially about the alleged Serge Salinas/Terry Taylor and Karen Jarrett sexual harassment stuff.

Am I the only one who has always hated Jarrett? I know he's mainly played heels, but even during his WWE days, I just thought he was an unlikeable cunt and have never liked him in his runs in TNA and WCW.

I think my favourite Jarrett moment was that video Ian posted of him getting twatted by Val Venis in the bogs. That was great.

This is nothing new. Jeff Jarrett has always been the guy in charge of TNA's international business when it comes to dealing with other promotions and new TV shows. That's never changed. Whether it's working relationships with NJPW, AAA and WRESTLE-1 or developing new shows like Ring Ka King & British Boot Camp - Jarrett has always been the main guy behind all that stuff.

Edited by pgi86