• Paid Members

Common sense says that. But common sense says he should have been brought back 12 months ago. And they didn't bring him back. Karen should be back as well, but she isn't back either. I think the day Jarrett comes back, is when you realise there's been a power shift at the top. Him and Dixie dont get along and haven't dont for years.

They'll get desperate eventually, I imagine. Hogan will probably walk, Sting might be off as well, Angle is a time bomb. Ortiz and Rampage will likely get sick of the wrestling shite, like they all do eventually. Jarrett's probably the freshest act they have at the minute, as sad as that sounds.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope I never have to see Jarrett in TNA again. He's easily one of the most annoying main event guys they've had, even the Double J Double M A stuff was only mildly entertaining before it got boring quickly. I was chuffed he never showed up as an Aces & 8s guy, another power struggle storyline involving him would've blown my mind.

• Paid Members

Not for me. He was great from 2010-2012. That episode where he got fired was probably the best angle they ever did. It was genius. A show long storyline where everyone knew what was going to happen at the end except the characters involved and they sold it brilliantly. Jarrett is brilliant these days. I dont want to see him headlining shows or anything, but as an upper midcard act who delivers the goods, he's awesome. He could be TNA's Jericho or RVD. Someone who has a name and works with the younger talent. I remember when he put over Bobby Roode clean back in 2007 and it looked like he was on his way. And then they gave him to Eric Young and Booker T and ...

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

"I LIKE BEING THE GO-TO GUY...."

Sorry, I just wanted to see if shouting it three times got me a genie or a blowjob from a supermodel, or something. Guess not. I just figured Janice Battersby shouted it so much that there must be something in it. Nevermind.

As you were.

I laughed and laughed and laughed ...

I don't get why everyone is on Jarett's bandwagon now. Besides the Angle encounters, has everyone forgotten how average this guy really is?

I think I've always kinda liked Jarrett. Well, since his Chosen One days in WCW that no one else likes anyway. People rant about how he was average in the ring and not all that cool, charismatic or over and without getting into a debate over any of that I always kinda assumed that was the point of the character. "They chose him?" Then he carried TNA on his back for the first few years. He's also a super heel when he pops down to Mexico. SLAPNUTS!

• Moderators
I don't get why everyone is on Jarett's bandwagon now. Besides the Angle encounters, has everyone forgotten how average this guy really is?

Because he really isn't. Good encounters with Michaels, Lawler, Benoit, (most overrated ever) Raven, Booker T, DDP, AJ Styles, Chris Harris, Dustin Rhodes, made Vampiro not look too awful in Spring 2000, DRAGGED Chyna to ok matches, fun tag matches with Owen Hart, top bouts against Sean Waltman, D-Lo Brown, Christian, Sting, and many many more...

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

In fairness, I wasn't really sold on the guy until he came back from his break he took to look after his kids in the wake of his first wife's death. Everything just seemed to slot into place, whereas I didn't really enjoy his work before. For me personally, it ties in with the idea that experiencing tragedy in life adds to one's abilities, because it adds depth to the experiences from which you work.

Good encounters with Michaels, Lawler, Benoit, (most overrated ever) Raven, Booker T, DDP, AJ Styles, Chris Harris, Dustin Rhodes, made Vampiro not look too awful in Spring 2000, DRAGGED Chyna to ok matches, fun tag matches with Owen Hart, top bouts against Sean Waltman, D-Lo Brown, Christian, Sting, and many many more...

That doesn't really say much. Besides a few, most of those are great wrestlers who you'd expect to have good matches. For someone around as long as him in the places he has been that's pretty much a list you'd expect from anyone.

I have liked Jarrett a lot more in the last few years and appreciate him a lot more in a supporting role. I don't see him as a guy to base a company around as far as in ring product goes.

• Moderators
Good encounters with Michaels, Lawler, Benoit, (most overrated ever) Raven, Booker T, DDP, AJ Styles, Chris Harris, Dustin Rhodes, made Vampiro not look too awful in Spring 2000, DRAGGED Chyna to ok matches, fun tag matches with Owen Hart, top bouts against Sean Waltman, D-Lo Brown, Christian, Sting, and many many more...

That doesn't really say much. Besides a few, most of those are great wrestlers who you'd expect to have good matches. For someone around as long as him in the places he has been that's pretty much a list you'd expect from anyone.

That's not true at all though, is it? You couldn't put Brian Lee in with an amount of varied opponents like that, including such shit as Chyna and Vampiro, of many different styles and say he worked well with them all. Raven is shit, DDP's not great, Booker T is shit, Chris Harris is mediocre, Vampiro is fucking terrible...