Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
I dont think any group of people in significant numbers give a shit about Suicide. Shark Boy is more over than him. And he's rarely on.

 

Probs not a significant amount no, but I know the old man is taking the little bro to see Manik. There may be similar situations out there.

 

It really does look like a pants line-up though. Can anyone think of any UK promotion line-ups that were better? 1pw's first show was probably better. Althoug I assume there will be more bigger names added.

Posted

The line up isn't that bad really (even if it is lacking Hogan, Sting and Angle from this year) but the poster is terrible. Jazz it up a bit, advertise the UK's own Magnus and the fantastic former Champions Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and Samoa Joe at the top of the poster....not Storm, Gunner and Manik!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
I know how dare they advertise all their current champions.

Your logic is fucked. The belts mean nothing. Most of the show dedicated to Hulk Hogan, Sting, Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz has educated me to believe this. If you build a 18 month feud between a non-wrestler and the world champion over a match that was never likely to happen, then dont make the belts the main advertising focus of one of your only revenue streams (the UK tour).

 

Or get better champions.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

Or it could simply just be a case that these are the first names, and the poster/flyer will evolve once other names have been announced.

 

The champions taking top billing for now isn't a big deal, I am sure it will change when more names are announced.

Posted

Were Manik or Gunstorm even on the show last week? I'd honestly forgotten they were the champions

Posted

Is it too much to read into that AJ Styles isnt on it?

 

I was actually thinking about going down to Dublin to go see TNA, cause im sure the house shows would be okay, filled with some nice wrestling, and it would be fun to see Aries and Roode and a few others but TNA just inspire lethargy in me at the moment, I dont think I could be arsed about them.

Posted
Is it too much to read into that AJ Styles isnt on it?

 

I was actually thinking about going down to Dublin to go see TNA, cause im sure the house shows would be okay, filled with some nice wrestling, and it would be fun to see Aries and Roode and a few others but TNA just inspire lethargy in me at the moment, I dont think I could be arsed about them.

 

As I mentioned above, these are the first 10 names, no other conclusion should be drawn other than these are the first 10.

Posted
Is it too much to read into that AJ Styles isnt on it?

 

I think current news states that AJ Styles has only signed a 3 month extension to his current contract. So if they cant come to an agreement then he won't be at TNA at the time of the UK events.

Posted

I've just had a quick read of the results from impact on the TNA website, and it describes Gunner and James Storm as "former tag team champions", yet they are listed on the website as Tag Team champions.

 

Am I missing something?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

You need to watch the Velvet Sky and Chris Sabin backstage skit where they are forced to have to act. Honestly some of the worst acting ever on a wrestling show. What a pair of unlikable fucks. Acting as subtle as a hammer to the head. Which is ironic, because thats what the promo is centered around. This is the perfect example of two people who they have taken out of their comfort zone. Velvet should be the slag she usually plays. That's why she got over. She shouldnt be the caring girlfriend (especially when they've never came out and said they were a couple) and Sabin should be having good matches against good wrestlers like he used to. Why even ask them to do something like this, when everyone knows they haven't got the range to pull it off?

 

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

Sabin: This is crap!

 

Sky: Oh my god, what just happened?

 

Do you think they were talking about that segment? Terrible acting.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...