Zach Ryder releases a song - "Hoeski"

Bring Back Minipops

He's trying to give people something to remind them that he's still knocking about which is fair enough but the video exposes everything about him that has now been done to death through his web show. A new gimmick is essential for him right now or perhaps take his shtick to the indies and make a killing on the merch tables if he's as unhappy in WWE as he is making out to be.

• Paid Members
No one makes "a killing" in the indies, even if they make more than any of their peers.

Exactly. Ryder isn't a Honky Tonk Man or a Raven or a Billy Gunn. You need a big, long memorable run to keep making a living year after year. Its why you see the same names on shows and the likes of Shad Gaspard and Tyler Reks aren't in the business anymore. He could make a living for the next year or something, but once the next batch of releases turn up, he'll be forgotten. You have to work to make a living on the independents. You have to do shite tours to countries you dont want to go to and spend 6 days on the road selling Rey Mysterio masks like Honky Tonk does. Its the reason Nigel McGuinness jacked it in. He said it best. "If you aren't on the way up, you're on the way out".

• Paid Members

I don't even know what he's trying to do with this, it's not funny or inventive. Is this a reference to the Eve storyline that ended ages ago or some other bird that's realised what a fucking berk he is and dumped him? His act is on it's arse now. Reboot or release required.

No one makes "a killing" in the indies, even if they make more than any of their peers.

I should have said "make a comfortable living" really, obviously he wouldn't be making a fortune but I'm fairly sure he would last as a mainstay on the indies. Daivari used Tyler Reks as an example on an AOW podcast about not being wanted in the independents after looking like shit on TV. Ryder however is worlds apart from that perception; despite the Kane feud and being stuck tagging with Santino for most of last year he makes TV appearances, Sky sports news and Sunday brunch in the UK alone. Ryder now has 1 million followers on twitter, which despite not having a monetary correlation means that he is seen as worth following and of interest by a larger group of fans than The Miz and numerous other established stars. Plus, the guy has shared TV time with Cena and has shifted a lot of merch. He has the edge over guys like Chris Masters who is currently making a living on the independent circuit as he appeals to a lot of kids too.

I'm sure he wouldn't completely fall of the radar but then again; there is a reason he hasn't asked for a release every time he takes to twitter to moan about not being on Raw.

Archived