Cannabis

HeavyT

• Paid Members

I'm 26 now and have smoked it regularly for about 10 years. The comments about how it messes with your mind are spot on, especially your memory. I've had periods of time where I've stopped for months and there have been phases where I've smoked morning, noon and night for weeks/months on end. After 10 years I've began to have a much better idea on what's right for me in regards to regularity of use. Like all good things when enjoyed in moderation it can be extremely relaxing and an effective method of unwinding, however even in moderation (a joint after work) I find it is necessary to have regular breaks from use. I do think it should be legalised and taxed much in the same way as alcohol and tobacco are now, but I still would not recommend it for everyone, particularly those who are a little mentally unstable to begin with.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I really wouldn't want it decriminalized though, as that would lead to more people smoking outside in public places, and it stinks.

Would rather brand all your mates that smoke/smoked it criminals then?

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said? Who's "branding" anyone anything?

I really wouldn't want it decriminalized though, as that would lead to more people smoking outside in public places, and it stinks.

Would rather brand all your mates that smoke/smoked it criminals then?

What the fuck does that have to do with what I said? Who's "branding" anyone anything?

You said you dont want it decriminalized. those that partake in it are committing a crime... on par with other class Bs like speed. whats not to understand? You;d prefer your friends that do smoke it be prosecuted if caught?

Being that you said you used to smoke it, not wanting it decriminalized because you don't like the smell despite admitting you did it in the past yourself makes you look like a hypocrite and a moron

• Paid Members
You said you dont want it decriminalized. those that partake in it are committing a crime... on par with other class Bs like speed. whats not to understand? You;d prefer your friends that do smoke it be prosecuted if caught?

Yes, I'm saying I'm happy with things the way they are now. I'm not "branding" anyone a criminal, the same way I don't "brand" anyone a criminal if they are involved in some form of copyright theft, which is virtually everyone I know. If people get caught doing a criminal act, sometimes they get prosecuted. That's life.

Being that you said you used to smoke it, not wanting it decriminalized because you don't like the smell despite admitting you did it in the past yourself makes you look like a hypocrite and a moron

No, it means that I don't like the smell and don't want it forced upon me outside in a public area. What has that got to do with "branding people criminals?" Yes, I've smoked it. Yes, I'm sure I'll smoke it again. No, I have never liked the smell, and no, I'm sure I never will. You don't seem to know what a hypocrite is. Hypocrisy would be saying it's a terrible disgusting habit, and I have no time for people that smoke it, while continuing to smoke it and hang around with people that do.

If you jump all over any innocuous comment in such a paranoid/passive aggressive manner, I'm afraid you're going to meet plenty of "hypocrites" and "morons."

• Paid Members

Whilst not trying to start an argument myself, you are coming across as a bit of a cunt Heavy. You ask peoples opinion, yet try and make out people are wrong if they think it should be left alone.

Regardless of if its legalised or not, it doesn't really alter the lives of many people. Weed is alright in small doses, as with most things, but its not the 'be all, end all' in any world really.

This is exactly what I hate about weed smokers. They are such an annoying bunch of bastardswhen it comes to legalization, always harping on about how "it's just a plant, maaaaan" and acting as if because they've smoked it, they have all the facts and that their argument is bulletproof and becoming ultradefensive when anyone questions it.

EDITED for tit-quoting.

Yeah, that's daft. It IS a crime, like speeding is a crime. If you decide that in your morality, it's not unethical to do it, then fine... but it's still a crime in the eyes of the law. Take the consequences.

I think relaxing the consequences is fine, mind you. I reckon if you're carrying less than an ounce you should just get a wrap on the knuckles rather than anything more severe. I think at the moment, if you have more than about an eighth you're in trouble...?

I was a relatively heavy user of cannabis from the age of about 17 until 23 (my current age). I've significantly cut down the amount I smoke (used to vary between 3-4 days of heavy use in the past) to this year when I'd say I've only had about four or five heavy smokes.

I will not say a bad word about the experiences I had with it in the past: I've had some of the most chilled, hilarious and warm times of my life when smoking weed with friends. I am loathe to say "I am past that stage" as I understand people continue to smoke their whole lives but I think weed actually hampers me now. I started a career job this year and I feel a greater clarity of mind and disposition (the "no way man weed is so relaxing lol I am a chilled person" myth is just that - I was certainly uptight and aggressive the day after a smoke).

Nowadays when I smoke, it has lost its edge. It may be because some of my friends are right into it and acquire really potent green, but I find that: I become incredibly sluggish, I'm suffering from the worst cottonmouth I can remember, I don't really know what to do with my arms and as a result I constantly fidget, my red-eye has peaked and if I'm watching a film, I have trouble remembering what happened about ten minutes previous.

So, in short: it's not what it was for me. If you like it, batter in though.

• Moderators

My first thought when I saw this thread was "fucking hell, not this again" and I was just waiting in dread for Kiffy to turn up.

Colour me pleasantly surprised at how it has turned out.

I am a former heavy smoker that has found it getting phased out naturally. I actually still generally have a bag sitting around at home in case I fancy it, but I find I don't really smoke it... And considering I've been on an extended holiday for about 5 months with not much to do, I must be pretty bored of the stuff.

Part of that is also that I find the shit you get too strong for me to really enjoy it, and I don't want to smoke shitty mersh with seeds in, and I hate solid (even the nice stuff). If there was some nice mild homegrown about I might quite like that.

One exception is having a big fatty outside before going into the cinema. I still fucking love doing that.

To cut a long story short

Did you experience any difference in your dreams? I've liked a smoke for 20 years now and it wasn't until I had a mini-break a while ago that I realised I'd gone years without remembering a single dream. All of a sudden I was dreaming every night, which was probably always the case, but now I could remember them vividly.

• Paid Members

Good post Bifkin. I've smoked on & off (more on than off) since about the age of 18. It's never got to the point of smoking before work or me missing it whilst on holiday or anything like that. My drug use these days is pretty much non-existant. The idea of doing coke, pills, speed etc has absolutely no appeal any more & my drinking has reduced significantly since I hit 30. Going out and getting pissed up is a rarity these days as I now favour quality over quantity, 4 or 5 pints of real ale & I'm home with a cup of tea before going to bed.

I'm in favour of legalisation, mainly because after visiting California the idea of being able to choose what types or strains really appeals to me. I'd love to be able to decide between Indica's & Sativa's and it not being a lottery of whether I'm buying an 8th of super potent skunk or some homegrown dirt weed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out it Washing & Colorado now they've voted for recreational marijuana use to be legal. Given the revenue's available too I imagine most western governement's with huge deficits to reduce will also be keeping a close eye.

Edit -

One exception is having a big fatty outside before going into the cinema. I still fucking love doing that.

This too. Bring on 'The Hobbit'

To cut a long story short

Did you experience any difference in your dreams? I've liked a smoke for 20 years now and it wasn't until I had a mini-break a while ago that I realised I'd gone years without remembering a single dream. All of a sudden I was dreaming every night, which was probably always the case, but now I could remember them vividly.

Yeah, totally relate... I am sure smoking it suppresses your dreams.

Archived