Cannabis

HeavyT

Chalk me down as someone who USED to like a big fatty before going into the cinema. See the "horrendous dates" thread or whatever it's called in Gold to read about my experience seeing 'Rock 'N Rolla' with two Polish burds whilst baked.

There was also another time when I went to see 'Star Trek' with a mate. We thought we were in plenty of time cos he had booked the tickets, but we ended up arriving right as the film was starting and we could not see ANY free seats in the hall (usually like to sit middle-to-back). We freaked out and thought we were going to end up sitting on the stairs. Eventually, we manned up and got a seat right in the front row. I hate sitting in the front row at the best of times, but I've had to do it twice when baked - 'Stark Trek' and 'Sunshine', two films that melted my bollocks off with visual effects.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've been smoking weed since I was 11 and I've gone between everyday use and occasional use regularly throughout that time.

At the moment I get stoned about 3 times a week, i've got a pretty shitty day job but I'm also an illustrator, I keep my shit together when I'm at work but on my days off I like to get stoned and watch a movie (or superhero cartoon or some shit) and then draw, it certainly has a positive effect on my creativity and artistic ability but I'm not enough of a stoner waster to let it affect my relationship or any aspect of my everyday life. I used to smoke exclusively with mates but now I find that's not often the case but if I'm alone for more than a few hours I'll light one up. I'm 30 with a serious girlfriend so I rarely go out and get pissed like the old days (and when I do I get blackout drunk and have awful hangovers) but it's still nice to kick back and get baked. Having said that my hobbies are drawing, reading comics and listening to music, if they were rock climbing, marathon running and maths it might not fit into my life so well.

I'm the first to say it's not for everyone, but I do hate people with no experience of it talking about it (and especially arguing against it), it makes me cringe. It should be legal, then at least it wouldn't have the stigma and people could make their own decisions as to whether or not it's right for them.

Also a smoke before the cinema (or a gig) is indeed the best - although it wasn't enough to save Green Lantern.

• Paid Members

Out of interest, is there anyone on here who uses/has used Cannabis for medical relief? A friend of mines brother got diagnosed with MS about 9 years ago, the doctor told him (off the record) that it was something that's helped others & it relieved his symptoms no end. Working in pharma myself & being able to see the huge amount of pain relief meds we ship out every day I've no doubt that if some of the stigma/illegality were removed then people like my nan & aunt, who both suffer from chronic arthritis could find natural relief from a cup of Cannabis tea or a piece of Cannabis cake as opposed to taking a cocktail of chemicals each day. Same with people suffering from anxiety/stress who have difficulty sleeping.

• Paid Members
I hate sitting in the front row at the best of times, but I've had to do it twice when baked - 'Stark Trek' and 'Sunshine', two films that melted my bollocks off with visual effects.

I watched Thor in 3D at the cinema by myself and tripping on acid, that was intense, a God flying at you on a rainbow bridge while tripping balls - holy shit.

Also watching wrestling is a lot more tolerable if you're stoned, I don't know how people who aren't high manage.

You said you dont want it decriminalized. those that partake in it are committing a crime... on par with other class Bs like speed. whats not to understand? You;d prefer your friends that do smoke it be prosecuted if caught?

Yes, I'm saying I'm happy with things the way they are now. I'm not "branding" anyone a criminal, the same way I don't "brand" anyone a criminal if they are involved in some form of copyright theft, which is virtually everyone I know. If people get caught doing a criminal act, sometimes they get prosecuted. That's life.

Being that you said you used to smoke it, not wanting it decriminalized because you don't like the smell despite admitting you did it in the past yourself makes you look like a hypocrite and a moron

No, it means that I don't like the smell and don't want it forced upon me outside in a public area. What has that got to do with "branding people criminals?" Yes, I've smoked it. Yes, I'm sure I'll smoke it again. No, I have never liked the smell, and no, I'm sure I never will. You don't seem to know what a hypocrite is. Hypocrisy would be saying it's a terrible disgusting habit, and I have no time for people that smoke it, while continuing to smoke it and hang around with people that do.

If you jump all over any innocuous comment in such a paranoid/passive aggressive manner, I'm afraid you're going to meet plenty of "hypocrites" and "morons."

You obviously don't know what decriminalization means, people wouldn't be smoking it openly in the streets for a start. piracy is different because it SHOULD be illegal, whereas there's no real argument that cannabis should be really.... pnealties AFAIK are worse for an oz of cannabis than a couple of films on your laptop. (yet the films do more harm to others at least financially)

I don't know how I am being paranoid? I'm always "aggressive" online - just look at the boxing thread and you'll see that.

I'm just reading and interpreting what you say as I see it. You like to smoke it, admitted you can get it when you want, know people that do, but would have no qualms about them being prosecuted for it. I genuinely hope next time you pick up a bit of weed, your stopped, strip searched and prosecuted, cause you sound like a cunt :) Hopefully you lose your job as well.

If you had said you smoked it and had a bad experience I could understand, but the fact that you've done it and enjoyed it, *probably* even been mates with dealers at one point or another (most smokers are) yet you think things should be left how they are. "I don't like the smell" doesn't back up your argument as to why you think it shouldn't be "decriminalized" (which you didn't even answer correctly).

Speeding is a crime, but it's not going to stop you from travelling the world is it? A bit of light copyright theft won't necessarily ruin your life, getting caught with a personal amount of weed could.

Oh and I haven't just formed my opinion "because I smoked it", I've done my homework on studies for, against, biased and unbiased and came to a sensible conclusion.

Another point, the market is flooded with these synthetic alternatives that are fucking people'd heads up, can be highly addictive and are largely untested for dangers. Prohibition is driving the smokers to smoke that shite to eliminate the risk of criminality, yet increasing the risk to their own health tenfold.

He's the one that sounds like a cunt?

I don't see how I've been a cunt. He pretty much said he doesn't give a shit if criminal charges were brought against any of his friends for smoking it because he likes it the way it is... maybe you guys didn't read it like that but I can't see how else you could read it. I really hope he gets prosecuted for it at some point, bet he would change his tune in a flash.

I DON'T do coke, don't have a problem with those that do but I know it's highly addictive and can be very bad for your health. So of course that should remain illegal, be a bit different if it was next-to-harmless and I did it myself but I didn't want it decriminalized because it smelled bad even though it's not like people would all of a sudden take to the streets to do it if it was decriminalized.

I really hope he gets prosecuted for it at some point, bet he would change his tune in a flash.

Or maybe he would actually be mature enough to face the consequences.

Well he would have to, wouldn't he. It's the way he wants it.

I've never been caught before, if I was I would pay the consequences like everyone else. Just because I think it's wrong, doesn't mean I would bitch and cry instead of paying my fine/doing my time or whatever!

I will apologise for that "branding friends a criminal" thing, that was outright wrong. but it can't really be compared to something like speeding (causes deaths) and copyright theft (it IS stealing and harming others financially), yet the penalties can be more severe than both of those crimes.

Archived