Cannabis

HeavyT

Probably been done before (to death), but what is your thoughts on cannabis, its effects, legislation etc.

Personally I am a regular toker, it has helped keep me out of trouble at times but also drains a lot of my motivation. I'd say it definitely SHOULD be legalised, te soap bar hash that goes about is still smoked by a lot of people and it's severely bad for you. I smoked it for years without knowing the dangers, when I switched to green I could breathe and sleep a lot easier. Spent a good few weeks coughing up black shit, too!

It makes sense for it to be decriminalised, I don't know why they even bothered sticking it back up to class B from a class C. If you were going by "classes", valium does less damage than cannabis. We all know thats not the case!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I would say yes, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea about how it was be controlled/watched or sold going forward.

I've had a smoke/cake on occasion, (nothing regular, literally about 4 or 5 times over the past 8+ years ), and personally don't see what all the fuss is about. As with most things really, I expect if you abuse it, it'll do you some damage much like smoking/alcohol does.

• Paid Members

I've led a sheltered life so far, I tried some cake for the first time only this summer at a house party, it was meh. There were so many smoking however, that it wasn't till I went to the bathroom that my eyes were completely bloodshot. Not a good look considering I splashed out on a new outfit for the party! Nah I don't see the point of it but if people believe it to be helpful to their health and the benefits outweight any risks then its worth looking at.

• Paid Members

I used to be a regular smoker at uni, then knocked it on the head. I'm fairly indifferent to it, I hardly ever seek it out but when I stay in Manchester I sometimes stay with a lad who smokes it constantly, and I never turn it down when offered, as I quite enjoy the warm calming feeling. I really wouldn't want it decriminalized though, as that would lead to more people smoking outside in public places, and it stinks.

I used to be a regular smoker at uni, then knocked it on the head. I'm fairly indifferent to it, I hardly ever seek it out but when I stay in Manchester I sometimes stay with a lad who smokes it constantly, and I never turn it down when offered, as I quite enjoy the warm calming feeling. I really wouldn't want it decriminalized though, as that would lead to more people smoking outside in public places, and it stinks.

Decriminalising it wouldnt mean people smoking openly, it was decriminalized in Scotland for a year or so and I never witnessed anything like that. Just meant that innocent people with personal wouldn't normally be fined or prosecuted. It's not legalisation.

When I say it kept me out of trouble, I meant I had been at parties where I had been stoned and was level headed enough not to let bad situations escalate. Had I been drinking, my judgement wouldn't have been so good. Of course I could do neither but I actually enjoy both.

I really wouldn't want it decriminalized though, as that would lead to more people smoking outside in public places, and it stinks.

Would rather brand all your mates that smoke/smoked it criminals then?

I've led a sheltered life so far, I tried some cake for the first time only this summer at a house party, it was meh. There were so many smoking however, that it wasn't till I went to the bathroom that my eyes were completely bloodshot. Not a good look considering I splashed out on a new outfit for the party! Nah I don't see the point of it but if people believe it to be helpful to their health and the benefits outweight any risks then its worth looking at.

Your eyes would go red regardless.

what a bunch of fucking squares :p

Only a fool would enter the nightmare of cake.

te soap bar hash that goes about is still smoked by a lot of people and it's severely bad for you. I smoked it for years without knowing the dangers, when I switched to green I could breathe and sleep a lot easier. Spent a good few weeks coughing up black shit, too!

I'm exactly the reverse. Used to smoke grass and always saw resin as a poor relative. But over the last 20 years the strength of the green has gone through the roof, and it's just no fun any more, it fucking messes with your mind. If you know the right people though, you can get absolutely lovely, soft moroccan resin that is much nicer to smoke, gives you a great buzz and is much more creative.

I think I've pretty much got to the stage where I'm just going to naturally give up though. I'm 35, and after 20 years of smoking it I'm starting to appreciate how much clearer my lungs are when I'm off it. Real life generally has taken precedence over getting caned as well.

I don't care whether it's legalised or not any more. If I want some, I can get some, and it's probably a lot cheaper than if it had a whack of tax on it.

I get some proper nice hash from Spain, and can get pretty good afghan in the UK as well. Problem is, theres still somuch shite soapy going about and all the teenyboppers either dont know the difference or don't care. If it was legalised it would take the "drug underworld" part out of it, I've had to mix with some unsavoury characters just to grab a bit of weed before. I've also had that shit sprayed with glass, fucking horrible.

• Paid Members

Only a fool would enter the nightmare of cake.

It spoiled a perfectly good Madeira cake.

• Paid Members

Used to smoke very regularly, now it's down to a handful of times a year. I found myself getting bored of it when it's supposed to be fun, so now I just do it on odd occasions where it feels appropriate, like when I went to Amsterdam, during the comedown from an all nighter or if there's a big group of us smoking socially. Since last new year's eve, I've only smoked on three occasions (and very much enjoyedit), but I certainly haven't missed it the rest of the time.

I've cut down pretty much all drugs of late as it goes, and I find I'm enjoying them all a lot more when they're reserved for big occasions. Myself and a select group of friends have also started a tradition of sorts where we do LSD twice a year, and I have such an indescribably good time doing that that it gives me my fill and I rarely have the desire to take stimulants on random weekends any more.

Archived