Cannabis

HeavyT

• Paid Members
On the basis of the last page of this thread I think they should made possessing Cannabis a capital offence. Or at least put them in Oswald Maximum Security Prison for 50 years or something.

If this thread brings Kiffy back out of the woodwork, HeavyT should be executed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Part of that is also that I find the shit you get too strong for me to really enjoy it, and I don't want to smoke shitty mersh with seeds in, and I hate solid (even the nice stuff). If there was some nice mild homegrown about I might quite like that.

I'm the same. I really do not enjoy the majority of weed these days, it's just too strong and I do not enjoy any sort of tripping what so ever. The days where you would have a smoke, have a giggle, chill out and feel hungry were much more fun.

When I get baked, I get giggley chill out and get the munchies. Depends what strain you smoke, type etc. if people could get it legally and had the choice, people could smoke the stuff they like and not freak out when they get something a fair bit stronger than usual.

A big part of the decriminalisation argument that I regularly see is that it's no worse than alcohol and tobacco, and they're legal. Well, yes, but they're here now and ingrained in our culture, and there's no changing that. Why do we need to give people more legal ways to fuck themselves up? Much as I don't think cannabis does any real harm in our culture, I don't see what good legalising it would do.

Decriminalisation isn't legalisation. It brings a situation where selling it is illegal, but being in possession of under x amount to be allowed. Like Spain, but probably a lot more strict.

Another good way to do it would be for people to be permitted to grow for themselves with a license. I beleive Washington and Colorado are going to be doing this next year.

A big part of the decriminalisation argument that I regularly see is that it's no worse than alcohol and tobacco, and they're legal. Well, yes, but they're here now and ingrained in our culture, and there's no changing that. Why do we need to give people more legal ways to fuck themselves up? Much as I don't think cannabis does any real harm in our culture, I don't see what good legalising it would do.

I think the part i have put in bold could also be said about cannabis though.

It's here, you can get it wherever you want and those that want to take it do take it, and those that don't, don't. Removing the criminal factor would simply stop wasting police and courts time and money over petty crimes like possession, and would take the trade out of the hands of "criminals" and allow it to become a legitimate tax paying business.

It's alcohol prohibition all over again, just without all the cool Gangster shit with Tommy guns and James Gagney.

Part of that is also that I find the shit you get too strong for me to really enjoy it, and I don't want to smoke shitty mersh with seeds in, and I hate solid (even the nice stuff). If there was some nice mild homegrown about I might quite like that.

I'm the same. I really do not enjoy the majority of weed these days, it's just too strong and I do not enjoy any sort of tripping what so ever. The days where you would have a smoke, have a giggle, chill out and feel hungry were much more fun.

i keep telling myself that, Neil, but there's a bit of me that wonders if we're just getting old. Those from back in the day tell me the week was fucking strong in the 60s too for what it's worth.

I long for the days of purple haze. These days If I have a smoke round a mates after work i have my inner voice telling me to go home as soon as possible whilst a 3 second loop of a Dr Dre song goes around inside my head. I have no love for sativa strains at all but they dominate the market now. I've got a drop off guy who's texts are always "SS Haze! shout now, going quick!"

Fuck off. Can't be doing with heavy shit these days. Must be getting old.

It was strong back in the day too but strength itself isn't what's causing mental health issues. It's how it's stronger now. Namely the ratio of THC to CBD [an anti anxiety cannabanoid that mediates the effects of THC] has become completely unbalanced as a knock off effect of the explosion in artificial growth. It's still possible to get strong stuff that's incredibly relaxing.

I hate so much of the grass nowadays that gives you that "I know I'm not having a heart attack but ..." feeling. Actually weed just gets boring, really. If I was allowed one joint a week it'd be the highlight of my week but I have to admit I have fuck all self control with the stuff. If I buy a bag I'm waking up and having a smoke.

I'm on this policy of simply not paying for it which works out perfect. If a buddy comes around with some stuff then lovely.

• Paid Members

Between the ages of 16/17-20 I smoked strong skunk pretty much daily. I was getting through about a half ounce a week, which I guess isn't that much but I was by myself. I smoked less and less but as I got older I had problems with my mental health, most likely excarbarated by alcohol and stronger drugs, but I feel sure that the skunk had a lot to do with it. Nowadays I might smoke a spliff once or twice a year, but never skunk. I get this terrible anxiety or fear when I smoke that shit now. I worry about things that happened ages ago, stuff that doesn't matter but somehow becomes insanely important in the midst of a skunk haze. I can't do it any more.

As far as the legality of it goes, I think that if there were some way of controlling the strength of the stuff within a legalised system then go for it. People shouldn't be told what they can and can't put in their own bodies.

Archived