Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
To be honest, Mike, those Mafia threads were probably the reason you got votes. Rightly or wrongly, you seemed to be the poster associated with them and they were shit.

I'll still argue they aren't shit. It's a good game, but clearly not for everybody, and looking back they were constantly around as the second one finished, another began. The thing that made them seem crap was pretty much me anyway, I rambled on way too much, restating the same point every time almost and bored the fuck out of everyone. Also we could have done with more guys like Nexus, Jaffa, JLM and co in them, and less of the Snake, Simmons and myself. I've said it before, but I'm better at running the things than playing them.

 

You are right though, there was a backlash against those threads and I was the target, but I was probably a deserved target. However lets not pretend that outside of them the majority of what I posted wasn't also boring tripe.

  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

They weren't. For people playing them, it was fun. Sure, if you weren't playing you weren't going to enjoy them, but no-one was forcing non-participants to read them.

Edited by Carbomb
  • Moderators
Posted

I don't think they were an awful idea, but they got taken so fucking seriously and it looked like Mike Castle (and Snake) drained all the possible fun out of them, which is why the association is fair and just.

Posted

Does anyone else think that removing some of the more entertaining characters with bans and whatnot is a tad counter-productive? Isn't there something else that can be awarded to the "winners" rather than a ban?

Posted
No, they were shit. Really really shit.

 

Be fair to Mike, he was also insanely boring within them as well. Credit where it's due, he won that award fair and square ;)

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Who of any of the front runners for the negative awards would you class as 'entertaining characters', David?

 

 

Edit: I've just had a check who those actually are... I am creaming myself with glee at the prospect of 3 months without pat and Chilli.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Posted
Who of any of the front runners for the negative awards would you class as 'entertaining characters', David?

Dangerously always makes for cringeworthy/entertaining reading, as does Kendal to a degree. Even that Biffy Clyro lad can inadvertently provide some entertaining stuff.

 

I'm not saying they shouldn't be up for these awards, or that they shouldn't get punished, but surely there are more imaginative ways to do it than simply banning them? Where's the fun in that? Dangerously's avatar deal was excellent, for example.

  • Moderators
Posted

Well, dangerously is already suspended for the next 300 days anyway (which I actually agree is a bit of a shame), but I can't think I'd miss any of the other candidates..

 

Even Kendal - I don't even dislike him, but I'd be hard-pressed to say he'll be missed.

Posted
Well, dangerously is already suspended for the next 300 days anyway (which I actually agree is a bit of a shame), but I can't think I'd miss any of the other candidates..

 

Even Kendal - I don't even dislike him, but I'd be hard-pressed to say he'll be missed.

What happens when all of the Dangerously types are gone though? The place is going to be a lot more boring without those characters who give us the occasional meltdown.

  • Paid Members
Posted

More come around, they always do. It's like a cycle. The same questions were probably asked when Hulky and Dillkid originally were given their notice.

  • Moderators
Posted

We're never short of idiots. The old ones sign up with new usernames again and again, and new idiots are always waiting to step up and be noticed.

 

I think as a rule of thumb, if dangerously isn't up for, and a serious contender in, any of the negative awards at the end of the year then there's far too many other idiots about.

  • Moderators
Posted

He's gradually received longer and longer bans over time though.. It is an interesting experiment to see how long he can be booted for and still come back immediately after the suspension's over and twat it up again.

 

He'll definitely be back.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...