UKFF Awards 2012

Ronnie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

FWIW, Kendal, you were at your best when you were posting about music. That thread you did not only introduced me to some new stuff, but it got me into the Shanghai Restoration Project in a big way, which, for me, is a big deal given that I'd never found a single R&B track I'd ever liked until that point. Plus, there was good dubstep in there, like that Tryptomatik/Concord Dawn remix among others. The fact that you posted opinions and discussion on all of it, instead of just links, made for interesting reading too.

Edited by Carbomb

• Moderators
Well, dangerously is already suspended for the next 300 days anyway (which I actually agree is a bit of a shame), but I can't think I'd miss any of the other candidates..

Even Kendal - I don't even dislike him, but I'd be hard-pressed to say he'll be missed.

That cuts deep, Hage.

:laugh: Sorry buddy - but it's true that the only place you post these days is the Hate thread! Though your taunting of Slick Nick was pretty hilarious the other day, I must say..

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't just attack people though, even if they utter waistcoats. Come April I'm going to make an effort to post more positive, constructive responses in threads. I take bear-baiting far too easily, and as soon as someone has a go I end up in focus mode and invariably get a warning. I enjoy reading this forum and it's the only forum I even visit anymore so I don't want to burn my bridges but I just can't stand mongs and bummers!

Let's see if I can turn it round in April. It could be quite the challenge.

• Paid Members
Christ, you've got a good memory. I don't remember that thread at all, but from those tunes it must have been back when I was at uni. I also can't believe I posted 697 times about wrestling. Madness. How times change!

Yes and no - freakish long-term memory, utter shit short-term. But I can't emphasise enough just how much I love the SRP album, even now, and not just "for an R&B album". That, and the rest of that thread are why I at least know you're better than your recent output.

Also, I loved this post (think it's in the "5 Things I'm Loving Right Now" thread, but can't be bothered to look): "I'm a teflon don right now, and I'll ride this wave of smugness giving haters the finger until it all comes crashing down around my head."

• Moderators

I thought I'd start knocking that together Genny, seeing as it's a bit of a slow morning here and Ronnie has been working his ass off like a muhfucker and quite frankly deserves a break. I will continue to do so unless Ronnie tells me to back the fuck up, and Ronnie of course copy and paste into first post / new pinned thread as you see appropriate.

Best of the UKFF 2012

Poster of the Year (on topic)

Winner: IANdrew Dice Clay [44%]

Runner up: Big Benny HG [16%]

Poster of the Year (off topic)

Winner: Gladstone Small [36.04%]

Runner up: Frankie Crisp [22.52%]

Funniest Poster

Winner: Keith Houchen [24.79%]

Runner up: IANdrew Dice Clay [22.22%]

Best Sports Poster

Winner: PowerButchi [17.11%]